InsideView Employee Reviews about "competitive market"
90% would recommend to a friend
(11 total reviews)
97% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Managers is happy with you only if you are entertaining them with stories and jokes." (in 3 reviews)
Found 11 of over 223 reviews
Updated Jun 23, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "competitive market"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Mar 28, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Not much to feel good when compared with market.
There is a bias between feature and non-feature teams in engineering. Accountability, availability and process adherence like estimation, release plan, interteam collaboration practices should be common for all. However on the floor, only feature teams are questioned to follow it strictly. Other teams get a free hand. Feature teams need to integrate half-stable, not-tested code done by other teams still expected to meet deadlines. There is no accountability from such teams in delivering final product to customer. There are availability issues and they are not easy to approach either and still they are praised as heroes and pillars of InsideView.7
- 5.0Jun 2, 2021Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
1. Company always tries to set the bar high on culture and takes employee satisfaction as one of top priorities. Course of action to handle pandemic impact speaks all about it. 2. Leadership team has a perfect vision for company growth and they always try to aggressively compete in the market 3. One would always find opportunities for career growth and liberty to express their ideas/interests to their manager
1. While trying to be profitable company, there were some budget constraints decisions (smaller teams, slower development) Hopefully with the latest aquisition by Demandbase, this should not be a problem
- 4.0Jul 25, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Great culture, Good benefits, Growing industry
Barely growing, Saturated market, lack of innovation with existing solutions1
- 4.0May 1, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Engaged workforce. Great big market segment. Innovative product. Fast-paced, team-oriented culture. Well-funded. Experienced team, with lots of opportunities at all job levels.
Potrero Hill is kind of nowhere. Would be better if it were downtown or SOMA.2
- 1.0Jan 27, 2018Customer Success ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Friendly co-workers, flexible lifestyle (work from home), nice location.
Sexually abusive work environment, particularly from one C-Suite executive. I often found that HR was extremely negligent. In multiple instances, certain HR employee went out of his or her way to defend this certain individual, most likely to defend his or her own job security. Being a woman that has experienced various industries at multiple companies, I can assuredly say that the harassment issue at InsideView is unparalleled to anything I've ever experienced. While the company did provide flexible work hours, this doesn't justify the below market pay AND limited opportunities to advance professionally within the organization. Despite the cons associated with InsideView, I will still admit I became very close with a few colleagues and still keep in touch with them till this day. This certainly is a case where one bad apple, particularly at the top of the food chain, tainted a company that had a ton of potential, but was never able to hits its stride given management's priorities weren't aligned with the intent of doing the right thing. With all this being said, I met a lot of great people here, BUT the instances of sexual harassment have impacted me (and my family) to lengths I cannot describe. Further, even knowing this certain individual still remains at the company, I can only question the morals associated with others who CLEARLY know this is an issue.23
- 5.0Jun 26, 2019Sales DevelopmentCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I love that the company feels small enough to know everyone on a somewhat personal level and yet still large enough to have solid structure and processes in place. There is lots of opportunity to contribute new ideas with leaders who are willing to listen and grow. Despite being in an extremely competitive market, we have the groundwork, talent, and expertise to win.
It’s amazing to see that there is great diversity in terms of gender in leadership but the lack of any minorities in authority is a bit concerning.1
- 4.0Mar 17, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
1.Learn great technology stack 2.Freedom to explore new things and implement in your context 3.Work from home option 4.Competitive market salary 5.Work life balance
1. Internal politics/fevoratism 2. Not in a strategy to get fundings, looking only for profitability, so don't expect any employee engagement or fecilities Above two reasons are cause for people leaving from company
- 5.0Sep 13, 2016ProductCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Let me start by saying that I’ve been working at InsideView for a while. I’ve seen the company go through lots of different phases from getting funding to running at scale. It’s been a very fulfilling experience. Biggest positive is company culture and freedom to operate. CEO has been passionate about building a great company with a great culture since day 1. He’s very thoughtful, asks good questions, and gives employees real opportunities to perform – success or failure. Market opportunity is huge, though there’s a lot of competition. The product and marketing machine are strongest in the field, and the roadmap is full of innovative and interesting opportunities.
Distributed workforce (US and India) can pull at both sides of the clock if you don’t manage your time. (Somewhat inevitable in today’s global workforce.) Recently there’s been a good bit of discomfort and unhappiness in the sales organization. New CRO is no nonsense, direct, and focused on business outcomes. The change is constructive and required… but change is hard.3
- 5.0Dec 10, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Francisco, CA
PEOPLE - Culture is king. The right culture attracts the best people and helps them accomplish great things. InsideView has taken great care in hiring A players and encouraging them to try new things (try, fail, learn, try again, succeed.) As a result I can say this is the smartest and friendliest group of people I have ever worked with. Also important to note... I laugh hard at least once a day. PRODUCT - Best product in the industry in terms of both capabilities and quality. Working with great people is fun... helping your customers win with the best solution available is even more fun. OPPORTUNITY - The company offers tons of opportunity both in terms of individual growth and overall market potential. The rate of innovation and level of investment being made in the areas of CRM, Big Data, Predictive and Market Intelligence all equate to being well positioned for growth.
There really aren't many cons. But you need to be prepared to work hard. That doesn't mean crazy hours or weekend work, it just means being super productive and accomplishing a ton. Part of the culture is work hard, play hard (e.g. drop everything at 4pm on Friday for our weekly happy hour) but this is not a place to come play ping pong. You also need to be agile. The markets we are playing in are rapidly evolving, as are customer needs and competitors. So one constant at InsideView (other than an awesome culture) is change. So you've got to be adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment.1
- 5.0Feb 28, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Smart people who work well together Interesting space Opportunities for innovation and creative work Great product
Fast pace of company and market can be stressful