Insidesource N/A Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
  1. Featured Review

"Great Place to work!"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Love how everyone is like family. CEO/CFO treats everyone fairly and makes you feel like family.

Cons

we moved over to the building next door and everyone is pretty cramped but its only temporary.

Insidesource2019-01-09

"Toxic work environment"

Current Employee - Designer in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Friday lunches. Free snacks.

Cons

Management here is really lacking. They show no respect and treat you like you’re just an inexperienced little person. The supervisors or the lead designers talks down to you in a very condescending way. When you make mistakes, they don’t teach you the right way of doing things, but instead blame you. There’s no support from the immediate managers, or supervisors. This company is definitely plays a lot of office... politics and plays favoritism. They will hire their incompetent friends that clearly can’t handle the jobs and fire the ones that actually gets the job done. There are no growth potential here and no raise. People here are hostile and unpleasant often fake. Playing the blaming game enables this bad behavior towards people. Especially the sales people, they’re hostile to the designers especially if we make mistakes because it effects the Sale’s commission or their “bottom line”. Working overtime 20 hours a week is consider normal and working on the weekends are expected. These are the days where we should be catching up on our workload. No work life balance. Just work you to death until they find another new person for these people to prey on.

Advice to Management

Please don’t delete this review. It’s honest.

Insidesource2019-08-22

August 27, 2019Recruiter / Talent Manager

Thank you. Your honest feedback is valued and appreciated. We care immensely about having a work environment where every employee feels valued and appreciated. To hear about your experience is truly disappointing. We’re currently working on rolling out management training initiatives to ensure managers at all levels are providing the right training, support and development. In the meantime, we encourage you to connect with HR to help address your specific concerns.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Need to restructure the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Thought this would be a great place to work until I started working here. Can’t think of any pros. It’s a job. That’s all that you can be grateful for.

Cons

CEO needs to look at management and the people running each department. Favoritism is high. They promote work life balance but make you feel guilty for not working over time and using your PTO. Each office works independently and not as one. Turnover rate is high. If you have a concern and go to HR or your manager, they won’t do anything to help you. Run far from this company. It’s not worth working here no matter... how much they sell you on how great this place is.

Advice to Management

CEO needs to stop buying other companies and slapping the “Insidesource” name on it. Spend more time looking at the main offices in California and making them better.

Insidesource2019-08-10

"Procurement team at inside source"

Former Employee - Receptionist

I worked at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, nice weather, great ceo

Cons

Favoritism is a huge thing here and the turn around rate is insane.

Insidesource2019-04-04
  6. "Great Company.!"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Company is great! The owner makes you feel special every time he see's you.

Cons

Management means well but they still have things to figure out.

Insidesource2018-09-29

"Accounting"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food every week and alcohol

Cons

Unorganized. No structure not open to new ideas to be more efficient and high employee turnover

Advice to Management

To CEO reorganized your management team

Insidesource2018-05-02
  8. ""Like a Family""

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

It feels like a family. Although InsideSource is growing by leaps and bounds, it is the feel of a close knit family. The environment is collaborative, fast-paced, flexible and FUN!

Cons

No downside here! So far this has been a great move for me and I appreciate the opportunity.

Insidesource2018-03-29

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Such amazing people to work with who are willing to help you anytime and want you to succeed. Such a great company who actually APPRECIATE your hard work, compliment you on your hard work and remind you constantly of how appreciative they are to have you on the team and part of the company. And if something goes down beyond your control, believe me, InsideSource has your back! You can always count on their... support. You are considered family to them. Can't get any better than that. :)

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to the management.

Insidesource2018-02-20

March 5, 2018Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for the fantastic review. I am glad to hear you have seen benefit from our focus on employee engagement. People are the core of what we do and we appreciate all the hard work and dedication you and everyone around you bring to the organization. Thank you again for the review!

"How cheesy is it to see all your current employees give you 5 star reviews!?"

I worked at Insidesource full-time

Pros

They pay you for all the overtime that they ACTUALLY MAKE YOU WORK! Friday lunch is free+ limited free snacks

Cons

Management sucks. This company doesnt APPRECIATE your hard work AT ALL! and I’d doubt all these comments by current employees giving them 5 stars!! They should be a policy in Glassdoor against that! Insidesource should have told some of them to leave a review as a former employee so this would not be so cheesy. They do so many things WRONG! just go to older reviews and see what’s actually going on! They make you... work extra 20 hrs a week or leave. And if something goes down beyond your control, believe me, InsideSource DOESNT HAVE your back AT ALL! You CAN NEVER count on their support. You are NOT considered family to them because they make you leave so easily. They don’t even fire you so they won’t have to pay the unemployment, but will make your life a misery so you’d leave. There’s no growing within. No annual raise. No work from home, although it says so on your contract.

Advice to Management

Stop making it worse by all these fake comments. Try to get better for real

Insidesource2018-03-19

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Awesome, high profile clients. Aside from a couple check-ins a month with the studio manager you have free range of managing your accounts per your own style... Whatever works best for you. You have a dedicated account coordinator to help with all your quotes, orders and scheduling.

Cons

High stress environment. You have some freedom but you also have a lot on your plate... In my opinion it's way too much. They expect an AM to wear many hats: manage existing accounts (full time job), take on new accounts regardless how busy you are, be your own designer and be your own project manager yet the company still expects you to meet a sales quota that matches the of BD executives. I average 15 clients... at a time, with at least 5 of them being very high profile that require a lot of attention , more than one AM can do. High High Stress environment.

Advice to Management

All clients are important...as well as your employees that keep them happy. Take care of your AM's. They have a very stressful job. Offer helpful solutions like interns to help with small tasks.. Let AMs focus on AM and not have them be designers & project managers and business development people. This is too much to handle to be successful.

Insidesource2018-02-08

February 21, 2018Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for your feedback. We have very high performing employees who do great work for our company. We truly value hard work, enthusiasm, and integrity in all of our employees. This is all really good feedback and something we’ve already passed on and our management will definitely look at the workload. If you have any concerns you’d like to talk about in person, our HR team is always here.

Found 28 reviews