Insidesource Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8

"Managment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

The culture is open and collaborative, upper management is open to suggestions and really values each employees unique contribution at all levels of the organization. The teams are interactive and people relate to each other with respect. Continuous development of skills both technical and leadership qualities are encouraged. Great place to work.

Cons

Traffic in every direction is bad.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - It is working !

Insidesource2017-09-29

October 1, 2017Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy working at InsideSource! Across InsideSource's , culture is something that we take seriously. Exciting work and talented people help us keep our culture great! Thanks for being part of it with us.

"Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is like no other I've experienced-its electric from the moment you walk in the door! The creative vibe is buzzing through the building and never have I felt so valued as an employee-literally the best company for which I've the opportunity to work; i'm given the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive here; I'm surrounded by folks who encourage, engage and inspire me to be the best version of myself and,... not only encourage, but celebrate creativity. My manager is awesome, she supports, guides and appreciates me like no other manager at any other company.

Cons

With fast growth comes the opportunity to better collaborate across team/department lines. It's something I've seen in every company I've worked for and, based on that, and the fact that we have an amazing leadership team, it will right itself, I have absolutely no doubt. It's simply share of mind; best practices and applying them across the board-I see this happening

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to our people for ideas and suggestions and look outward for inspiration.

Insidesource2017-09-18

September 29, 2017Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for the great review and 5 star rating! InsideSource has been putting significant efforts into making our culture thrive. I am so glad that you are having a good experience here! Thank you for your feedback and advise to our management. We will definitely share it.

3. "Like a family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management makes a concerted effort to promote from within, perhaps more than any other place I've worked. They really go out of their way to make it an enjoyable place to work, with many fun events and excellent benefits. It's a tight knit staff and people are respectful and helpful to one another.

Cons

The only downside for me would be the long commute, but that's not an issue if you live close by!

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow rapidly, keep nurturing the great work culture.

Insidesource2017-09-12

September 29, 2017Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I am glad you are enjoying working here at InsideSource. We are definitely making our culture a priority and will take your advice seriously. Thanks!

4. "AWESOME PLACE TO WORK"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for less than a year

Pros

- the team that i work with is like a family to me - we work well to get the job done - we get catered food every Friday - the refrigerator is always filled with food to make salads and sandwiches during the week as well - my day to day responsibilities keep me on my toes - not everyday is the same, you work with different scenarios everyday - the benefits package is very generous - my manger is great and... we feel that we are supported fully - the overall atmosphere is friendly, busy and some people are hilarious. that always makes the day that much better

Cons

- company is growing so some people are still getting used to all the changes that may happen

Insidesource2017-09-12

September 29, 2017Manager, People Operations and Culture

Awesome! Thank you for the great review. I'm really happy that you're having a great experience here. We're grateful that our CEO provides a stocked refrigerator and free catered lunches to our employees. We are definitely growing fast! With growth though, come change and opportunity. We're working on making sure that we keep our culture and we communicate all changes that are happening.

"Room for Improvement"

Current Employee - Interior Designer in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Executive management has the best intentions for making the company a positive place to work, and they are good people. There are some really great people who work there. Projects are also interesting.

Cons

There's a lack of organization and follow-up around making processes better and easier. I experienced a clique culture on my team that resulted in a loss of opportunity and growth. Work/life balance is not regarded as highly as working many overtime hours. I felt constant high pressure to produce, and this stressful environment takes its toll. There has been a high turnover, which makes it even harder to get... ahead of the workload.

Advice to Management

Work to ensure that the culture you wish to create is penetrating to and upheld by leaders. Establish regular employee reviews. Know the company's limitations when taking on work. Set standards around professional development. Consider who travels for business from a business standpoint, not a social standpoint. Balance high pressure and performance with appreciation and reward.

Insidesource2017-08-29
  6. "Great Place"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Great people, more of a family type operation - work hard but also play hard. Open door policy without repercussion. Leader with a heart. They work with you to help find your 'fit' if you want to grow into a new role - time allowance for college classes depending on performance etc. Great client list, many who reach out as they move organizations. Good employee benefits as well as: Friday lunches; fully stocked... fridge: weekly fresh fruit and vegetables; wine evenings with good wine etc.

Cons

As with any fast growing company, there are some growing pains but nothing insurmountable. The management team can be on the slow side with action steps, but they are improving with time. Need training improvement in some departments. It is a sales organization and as such, there are some significant deadlines and from time to time there are long hours.

Advice to Management

More transparency. Speedier decision making. Improve training for sales.

Insidesource2017-09-08

September 29, 2017Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for your feedback and review! We're so happy you enjoy working here and that it feel like a family to you. Our CEO truly cares about the people we bring on board and the tools we provide for each of them to grow at InsideSource. With growth, comes change and opportunity. We’ll keep providing training and mentoring along those lines, but please always feel free to grab your manager or HR leader to get additional support. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback.

"Was okay"

I worked at Insidesource

Pros

Owner is super awesome. Training was great. Good benefits. Great office furniture to use while working. Catered food from discerner restaurants every Friday. Fully stocked kitchen to use for breakfast and lunch.

Cons

Very women dominated, so can be a catty environment. HR department is pretty much run by one person. Sometimes management is flakey with meetings.

Insidesource2017-08-29

"NO... not a place you want to work!"

I worked at Insidesource full-time

Pros

There is food on fridays.

Cons

Questionable 5 star reviews on Glassdoor site. New HR outsourced department trying to boast the company ratings. Current company is a mess. Management lacks basic leadership skills and is currently cleaning house. Company is trying to cut costs as stated by another reviewer, so they are outsourcing services where they can save a buck. Owner takes the lead from an inexperienced COO that this will be what is best for... the company, instead of following up with his employees. There are NO loyalties for someone that has worked here for over a year helping the company move forward. It has created a hostile work enviroment for everyone. It is no wonder there is a high turnover of employees at this place. I would not reccommend this company to anyone looking for a job.

Advice to Management

Leadership skills are learned. Current COO need to take a class.

Insidesource2017-09-25

September 29, 2017Manager, People Operations and Culture

Thank you for your time and thoughtful feedback. We’re glad that you enjoy the Friday lunches the CEO provides. Our new and highly educated CFO/COO of two months has been doing an extraordinary job at revamping and restructuring our operations. She has her Juris Doctorate and Certified Public Accountant degrees with 20+ years of professional working experience and teaching management and leadership training. We are growing extremely fast and with that, comes change and opportunity. These changes are strategic and are focused on how this team continues to help InsideSource scale well into the future. We’re working hard on the career development area, and we’re excited about some new initiatives launching soon. To respond to your comment on company reviews, we partnered with Glassdoor because we believe it’s important to receive feedback anonymously from each employee. We love the recent positive reviews we have been receiving from current employees. We at the same time take constructive criticism seriously. We’re here to listen and we encourage everyone to leave a review because in the end, it only makes our company better. We appreciate your feedback. I’m sorry you did not have the best experience and we wish you the very best.

"Sales Associate"

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

Nice friendly company, very nice.

Cons

Compensation, advancement, HR and management need development.

Insidesource2017-08-08

"Terrible management"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

CEOs are sincere and genuinely caring people. Unfortunately there is an overall lack of people like this at Inside Source

Cons

Management is very removed from employees and resists changing in an adapting industry. Compensation not in alignment with responsibilities or workload. Very difficult to transition into a different role or grow internally

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more hands on with respective departments and act on feedback

Insidesource2017-06-21