Insidesource Reviews | Glassdoor

Insidesource Reviews

Updated 22 Aug 2019

2.8
  1. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Insidesource

Pros

Great place to work! Fantastic people and excellent company energy

Cons

Work -Life balance is a challenge but that is the industry

Insidesource2016-09-13

"Horrible Company!!"

Former Employee - Finance in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have free lunch on Fridays, and a decent break room with snacks

Cons

The whole company is a mess. .

Advice to Management

Fire everyone, start over

Insidesource2016-09-16

"Successful, Growing Company with Great Employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Insidesource full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at InsideSource for over two years and had a great experience. They are growing quickly and hiring fast. The CEO treats the employees like family and always has a smile and high-five to share. The people that work here are wonderful and supportive of others which is great as this industry often requires some late nights. For a contract furniture dealer I believe InsideSource inspires more employee... loyalty than most, many of the sales team have been at the company 5 years or more with some being at the company over 20 years. The benefits are pretty unbelievable, InsideSource takes very good care of its own.

Cons

With the company growing as fast as it was sometimes communication was not effective, more transparency would be helpful for employees. Otherwise it was a great experience

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Insidesource2016-01-22
  4. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insidesource full-time

Pros

The owners are great - very approachable and easy to communicate with. All the employees are eager to help, when they are not swamped with their own work.

Cons

Training process could be more extensive

Insidesource2015-12-14

"Humorously Ridiculous"

N/A

I worked at Insidesource for more than a year

Pros

The benefit package is great. The kitchen is stoked with food from Safeway, which is usually late in arriving so it was challenging to plan your lunch time if you wanted to eat in.

Cons

The job itself was not what I was expecting. There is a great deal of cattiness within the company. Very HIGH turn over rate. Lots of unhappy coworkers. Little room for advancement. Uneven pay scales. Low pay. Little transparency. Coworkers claimed they interviewed and were told that they didn't the job only to be offered the job a week or so later. To me that shows horrible communication and organizational skills.... Too many stressed out coworkers and a lack of work and personal life balance. A lot of crying. A lot of pettiness. If you want to relive your High School "mean girls" experiences then this is where you want to work. The work is mundane and mind numbing. Too many cliques for my taste.

Advice to Management

Bring in more leaders instead of managers. Leaders encourage people and managers simply delegate and this is very apparent in this company. Try being a bit more humble and human. Eliminate the big fish in little pond mentality. This is in no way a big company that is leading the reigns in design so please take it down a notch with the arrogance and entitlement. Its better to welcome new hires as opposed to not. The... amount of turn over should really scare you so I suggest looking into why people leave your establishment running. I wouldn't even recommend this place to someone fresh out of college as a "starter job" because they might never want to work a day in their life ever again. Clean house or clean up your act.

Insidesource2015-08-28

"Run!"

Former Employee - N/A in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Insidesource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen with mediocre food, good benefits, easy parking, a laid back casual dress code, and free Friday lunch.

Cons

If you flourish in a one man for themselves, zero team building environment, back stabbing, catty, toxic, low pay, tons of work kind of job then this place is for you. If you enjoy having to train yourself on complex applications in an industry where there is a lot of room for error then apply here. If you enjoy being belittled by your superiors and having (s)he set standards for you in which you are not aware of... then by all means consider working at this company. If you're into being spoken to like you are a complete idiot each time you ask a question or admit you do not know/understand something then polish up your resume baby and hand it in today. If you are interested in kissing your youthful appearance, social life, and mental health adios then let me introduce you to the company of your dreams, Inside Source! The red flags started to appear almost immediately when many people started to quit or put their two weeks in almost weekly. Although I was concerned I decided to still stick it out in the hopes it will get better, and as luck would have it it only got worse. Make no mistake the benefits are great and the catered meals on Fridays are fantastic, however those menial perks do not make up for the fact that almost everyone I worked with hated their job, feared their superiors and were not close to their team members. The accounting, IT and HR teams are pretty great and the CEO is cool as well, but they only make up a small portion of the company. Put your thinking caps on people, why has a company who has been around for over 20 years only have a few comments on Glassdoor and Yelp and almost all of them are negative? May I reiterate the pay is horrible and almost everyone I worked with was working over time - some even racking up 30 hours. This is not normal! Save yourself and do not consider working here and return the favor and warn anyone you've ever met in your entire life that you remotely respect to stay away!

Insidesource2015-06-11

"Company with potential but needs additional structure to succeed with its workers."

Former Employee -

I worked at Insidesource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company was establishing a good work culture/environment to allow workers to have a balance life which hopefully can be achieved.

Cons

At times there are too many hands in the pot which makes working environment too complex for someone new, roles are not always clearly defined therefore finger pointing becomes a habit, favoritism exist to a point where hard working individuals are overlooked.

Advice to Management

Change needs to come from upper management first before you can gain trust from your employees. Mind set is too archaic; need to learn that work is not all that makes up ones life fulfilling.

Insidesource2012-09-19

"Not a strong management."

I worked at Insidesource

Pros

Lots of projects. Busy lifestyle. Owner of the company brings life into the workplace.

Cons

Some people have worked here for a long time and they have become overly powerful in making decisions. You are expected to work till late and if you leave early, they make you feel guilty, as if you are committing a crime.

Advice to Management

Hire young people and make the environment positive. Work areas are not very comfortable.

Insidesource2011-12-31