Insight Global Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "If you are looking for a great culture with a work hard/play hard this is for you" (in 246 reviews)

• "Insight Global is a very positive environment, with a work hard play hard culture" (in 123 reviews)

Cons
  • "I don't have any negative to say" (in 112 reviews)

• "Work life balance/ no commission until promotion" (in 101 reviews)

1. "Data Entry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New Hire but seems like a very open and bright environment. Nice staff and management

Cons

New Hire but seems to be taxing going between two offices in separate buildings. At times employees may have to walk to either for a number of reasons.

Advice to Management

n/a

"Read Carefully"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently.
    If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

"Make sure to read before accepting a role internally!"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some legitimate pro's to being an AM at Insight Global!
    - Bert Bean (CEO) is actually amazing. Nothing but good things to say about the guy.
    - The work ethic and time management skills that are learned to effectively be an AM
    - Learning how to run a full meeting with a C-level executive and actually produce results
    - Autonomy of running your own business and managing recruiters

**BUT- everything is learned because YOU are thrown into the water to do it all. Management teaches you nothing- you can really take some true skills away from IG if YOU make your business successful in whichever way you can**

Cons

*I PUT 5 STARS SO THIS WOULDN'T GET HIDDEN UNDER ALL OF THE FORCED-HAPPY REVIEWS MANAGEMENT MADE US WRITE* (and yes, I was FORCED as a recruiter to write a positive review on Glassdoor to push out the negatives. It felt like being in my sorority looking at Greekrank all over again)!

I will keep this short and sweet, as I could find myself writing cons about the company's standards, my personal sales managers, and the absolute embarrassment my office is:: THIS COMPANY WILL NEVER GO PUBLIC, BECAUSE IF THEY DO, THERE WILL BE A MULTITUDE OF HR LAWSUITS FILED. If I'm in a good enough financial spot by then, one will be from me!

I'm not even going to waste my time reiterating the other negative posts that talk about IG as unprofessional, a "frat culture", and how they work their salespeople into the ground with empty promises and no support. If you're thinking of taking a job internally @ IG, you've heard it all before- I had heard it all before! What you really need to know, though, is that as headstrong and liberally-minded and forward-thinking you are, this place will make you into a horrible person.

My (male) bosses are sexist, racist (I have openly heard them mimicking people's accents in a derogatory way), they hound other IG workers for drugs IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, and make fun of people who do not have money. They are EMPOWERED by their boss, who is also a male who does not care about how his close-minded actions implicate others. An example of how disheartening this job can be: I had a client who started to blur the line between professionalism and personal- he asked me on a date. I notified my boss, as I was very uncomfortable, and my BOSS tried to force me into going as it would "bring business." If you think that my boss was the first one to do that, or if that isn't thrust upon other AM's in the country, than you're mistaken. Like I said, this company can NEVER go public, because the absolute horror/PTSD stories of working under some of IG's top managers will bleed out- and soon enough, with how disgusting most of them will be, the company will dissolve.

Advice to Management

I know how this works: this review will be flagged, and HR will write a reply stating "we are so sorry and we love servant based leadership and being the most professional company and SINCE YOU'RE ON ANONYMOUS we cant do anything ok bye!" You really think that I could put what location I'm from and not have myself/my coworkers verbally abused by our bosses for this review??? You must be the WORST human resources team in the world if you think that's how this will get solved. I have an idea- start taking ownership of the absolute garbage that is perpetuated in offices. IMO- nothing will actually change until all the current sales managers are fired and a new round of INTELLIGENT human beings are brought in- and maybe Bert will do that. But best of luck to you guys.

4. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young great culture. Awesome office. Growing company

Cons

None I can think of yet!

5. "Interesting Place..."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I rated this 5-stars so that it will actually show up.
    I learned how to converse professionally and communicate with clients. I also learned to always watch my back at this job... tons of drama!!

Cons

This place is one living HR violation, honestly not sure how it's still a company (probably because they're a private company).
    - Each time the season changed, the "highest up" girl in our office held an "attire meeting" where she shared rules on how we needed to dress -- wearing Spanx was encouraged, high heels were mandatory, you were told not to wear ugly clothes basically.
    - Everyone has "relations" with one another......
    - There is a TON of drama.
    - You're practically a call center employee.
    - You'll have zero work experience/skills except for knowing how to dial a phone.
    - You're not compensated correctly for your time at all -- they will fill your head with the possibility of making 6 figures right out of college, when really you'll be making 30k to work a 55-hour week.
    - The list goes on...

Your college degree is worth SOOOOO much more than Insight Global, believe me. If you are post-college and are having a hard time finding a job, maybe take this job... but if not, keep looking.

Advice to Management

IG doesn't take advice from their workers, so this question is useless.

6. "Excellent"

I worked at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Good money reliable love the money

Cons

Nothing really pleased with everything

7. "My "insight" on a great company with a winning team!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a contractor for 3 years with Insight Global and I always felt like part of the team. I've worked for "temp agencies" back in the day and it was never as good as the experience I had working with this highly professional "contract agency." Notice the difference? Working for Insight as a contract agent has been more beneficial than being a full time permanent employee at other companies. They offer competitive salaries as well as affordable benefits. The staff at Insight has always been very helpful and attentive to me as an employee and my needs when questions or concerns needed to be addressed. In my 3 years as an employee I had maybe 1 mishap that wasn't that big of a deal but it was still handled promptly and pleasantly by their staff. My immediate contact with Insight was always available and willing to help... thanks M.M.!! If you're looking for a great company that knows about professional job placement then Insight Global is the way to go. You could settle for less but why?!?

Cons

Insight Global can't get any better... they are already the best.

Advice to Management

Your employees are top notch. Continue to take care of them and keep them around. There is no "I" in that TEAM.

8. "Well to say within 5 days Insight Global and there amazing HR recruiters have given me the best opportunity/job."

Current Employee - NOC Administrator
    Current Employee - NOC Administrator

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with insight global so far has felt as if it is a dream. They’re unique and quick when the see someone with potential to do great. They are effect in their job while still providing feedback to make sure I was informed.

Cons

There are no cons working with Insight Global.

Advice to Management

Give Courtney and Taylor credit for opening up opportunities for people such as myself (veterans).

9. "Working At IG"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company will make you grow professionally, personally and financially. I have been at the company for over 5 years and while it is a really challenging job each challenge is worth the reward. You will read on here complaints about this company and believe me I have had those days too but the difference is how you handle the situation. I would assume if you asked any person who left here if they truly gave it their all they could not look you in the eye and say it.

Cons

There are going to be things out of your control. People. Budget cuts. People (again because truly they can be the most difficult part of this job) but at the end of the day if you do everything in your power to provide the best customer service, over communicate some things will just be out of your control. The first year of anything is going to be tough-- this job is no exception. You are put into an office with top talent- its competitive, its new its fast paced, but use your mentor, work hard and be positive.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the new training and development. The work you are putting into training these last 6 months are incredible-- I wish I had it when I started!

10. "Challenging & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, amazing people, always opportunity to grow.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, also very metrics driven - always worth it