Insight Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean

3,815 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Insight Global is a very positive environment, with a work hard play hard culture" (in 228 reviews)

• "This company is a very work hard play hard environment and challenges you everyday making everyday rewarding" (in 111 reviews)

Cons
  • "I don't have any negative to say" (in 108 reviews)

• "The work/life balance isn't great, but if you're committed to the company it can be worth it" (in 92 reviews)

"You can’t beat the culture and team dynamic."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-work hard play hard culture
    -you can make friends easy and the people in the office is who I hang out with
    -upper management is super helpful and they want what is best for you
    -Big on training and getting you to be the best you can be
    -they literally will not fire you, if you are doing bad they will still keep you in the company and find something you are good at.
    -can make a lot of money
    -not a hard job, but definitely a busy job. You are recruiting what makes it easy is the people you are calling are looking for jobs.
    -happy hours every Friday
    -team and sales office happy hours every 2 weeks

Cons

-pay does suck in the beginning but I took the job to make more in the long run in which in 1 year you will make more then what you make now
    -you have to be vocal with your account managers and sales managers if you want to succeed based on what you do every day
    -this is a job and not really for those fresh out of college (high turnover) in which they hire mostly. Don’t let that scare you from taking the job. If you want it bad you will get it.

Advice to Management

Really none. Management is in the know. Everyone is young at our company including C+ level executives they will listen to you and so will your managers everyone wants to see you succeed.

"Read Carefully"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently.
    If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

3. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Atmosphere and great work environment

Cons

Not a whole lot of work life balance

4. "Love the company culture!"

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Insight Global only promotes from within, and you are provided a mentor that is with you the whole way until you get promoted. From there, your Sales Managers works with you to ensure you are successful. I feel like I have had someone guide me every step of the way!

Cons

Sales is hard work. You have to be extremely motivated and resilient.

Advice to Management

Ask for feedback from employees!

5. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work environment, great people

Cons

More time out with Account Manager during training.

6. "Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for over 2 years and have been promoted twice. This company has pushed me to be the best version of myself personally and professionally.

Cons

Extremely hard work but once you hit your sales milestones it gets easier.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insight Global only hires from within so everyone in leadership takes a lot of time to develop everyone on their team which is really cool. It's a great work hard play hard environment as well

Cons

As with any sales organization, there are a lot of ups and downs so you have to stay driven and positive regardless of circumstance

Advice to Management

I would probably look into sponsoring visas for candidates so avoid third party consulting

8. "Insight Global"

I worked at Insight Global full-time

Pros

- Great first experience - Great training - Allows you to understand B2B relationships - Sets you up for success in sales

Cons

- Young environment - Young management - You must begin as a recruiter before growth within the company

Advice to Management

I had a great first experience at Insight Global, as it gave me the foundation for success in business, but I would focus more so on developing recruiters for sales in the initial months- especially those who do not necessarily enjoy recruiting.

9. "Great Company!!!"

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

I've been contracting with insight global for 5 years on and off. Great employees with great service. One in particular is Emily Collard. She has performed wonders for me finding contracts. Thank you guys so much. :)

Cons

Haven't had any complaints. Great company to work with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

10. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Fun, fast- paced and motivating environment!

Cons

Requires a lot of hard work, but very work- hard play hard atmosphere

Showing 3,815 of 6,333 reviews