Insight Global Reviews

Updated May 17, 2021

4.0
Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean
Pros
  • "It's a great company to work for(in 319 reviews)

• "The staff is very thorough and upfront about everything during the hiring process(in 282 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You cannot make commissions until you are a pro recruiter or an account manager(in 193 reviews)

• "Long hours and not a great work life balance(in 157 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Insight Global and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

May 14, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture good benefits good team

Cons

Working late some days to get roles covered

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Read Carefully

Jan 29, 2018 - IT Recruiter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently. If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

571 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Place To Work

May 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has changed like crazy these past couple of years for the better. Since Bert Bean has taken over as CEO, the culture is no longer "Work Hard Play Hard" but instead purpose driven and centered around Shared Values, training and development, and growing its people personally, professionally, and financially. Work/Life balance wasn't always the best in the past but leadership has made enormous strides in changing that and now it's one of the things I love most about Insight Global. The job is still not easy, it takes a lot of hard work, but the culture that has emerged these past couple years makes that hard work extremely rewarding. Not only is overall compensation very lucrative, but the purpose behind putting people to work is what makes this job and this company a long term career. I am proud to work for a company that stands behind it's people and it's purpose. I don't typically post on review sites but saw one of a former employee with a bad experience and I felt inclined to share. Especially because while no company is perfect, I've never seen a company make so many positive changes FOR it's people the way Insight Global has this past 2 years and I'm more than excited for the years to come.

Cons

The industry itself is very fast paced. In order to be successful you must be ok with multitasking and juggling a variety of things at the same time which can make things hectic. You have to rely on others for help at times and this was tough for me at first. Also, entry level base salary isn't crazy. First year as a recruiter pay is moderate, but typically people start to see six figures in years 2 and 3 as promotion and experience kicks in.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Look Elsewhere

Apr 2, 2021 - Professional Recruiter in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Entry level role, & fun events/co-workers. It will teach you valuable life lessons, and what to avoid in your next job. They're making efforts to improve retention, because they're aware it's terrible, thus why they hire recruiters in large classes.

Cons

NO work life balance. Unrealistic work expectations that force you to work weekends/overtime to achieve, or you get fired if you fail to hit them for a few weeks in a row. Very peppy/fake and sorority like environment. "we want to grow our people professionally, personally, and financially" no. They want you to advance and do well so they look well. They don't really care about your personal life, unless you have an Instagram worthy picture or you just had a baby. If you suffer from anxiety etc, just take time out of work to attend a seminar, then work late to make up for the recruiting time you missed. My first red flag should have been the first day when I was told there were "B time" work activities I should be doing, before 7:30 or after 5. They just take advantage of naïve recent graduates, who don't know any better.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

A solid place to work

May 4, 2021 - Security Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Recruiters are attentive at getting you a job, but also at triaging our payroll, PTO concerns. They will help you be forward looking if you have a job or contract that is coming to an end.

Cons

Not an IT company. All communication done by email. High turnover of points of contacts (Recruiters and Account Managers) So you may come in one day and have to work/interface with someone whos abruptly replaced your recruiter or account manager.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing career opportunity and great culture!

Apr 27, 2021 - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture, everyone is extremely helpful and truly want to see the people here be successful. I have worked here for 8 years and can say this was hands down the best decision I made coming out of college. I have seen about 90% of my friends from college work 3-4 jobs in the last 8 years, but if you want to make great money and/ or advance your career, you can do both of those things at IG without having to job hop. This job is not easy, but they are very open about that in the interview process. I work hard, but I was okay with that aspect if it meant I was going to see more success. I have met some of my best friends working here and wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I've had my share of tough days like everyone else, but being surrounded with people that care about you make those tough days a little better. In addition, our current CEO has been such a blessing to IG! He's implemented so many new initiatives over the last few years to help people in different phases of their life like starting families, or just having other obligations outside of the workplace. We do a lot together as a team, but they also understand we need to separate work from home and upper management has definitely changed their ways of thinking when it comes to that to make it an even better place to work.

Cons

The job is hard work, but I wouldn't personally call that a "con" unless you don't want to work hard. The effort you put in is truly what you'll get out of this opportunity! So if you want to be successful here, you will be trained on everything you need to know, but it's up to you to apply what you've learned.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good Company

May 17, 2021 - Customer Support Engineer in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gives opportunity to recent grads

Cons

Changing schedules and lower pay

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work!

Apr 22, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture, you are surrounded by people that really care for you and want to see you succeed. Servant based leadership- your managers will never 'boss' you around, they are here to help and get into the weeds with you whenever you need it! Uncapped commission- the harder you work your paychecks will directly reflect it. Insight Global did not do a single layoff during COVID! We also did not cut back on employee pay, every single person still got their full commission.

Cons

Not exactly a con but this job is hard, but so is any sales job. To me, the payoff and reward is much greater than the occasional stress/difficulties.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Opportunity!

Apr 27, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with IG for 7 years and love it. If you are willing to work hard, there is a ton of opportunity for financial success and upward mobility. I have made a six figure income since my second year with the company. It’s been a lot of hard work but worth every second.

Cons

Challenging job. You will have the training and tools to succeed, but you have to put in the effort to get there. Not a job where you can coast or be complacent.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Most Caring Company I have ever worked for

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked at a company that has such an amazing leadership. When you come to work at Insight Global, Its like you are working with family. No one works harder to get you where you want to be than this company. If you have a positive attitude, work hard and show up everyday you will find great success and happiness here.

Cons

I think like any other job in America, this job can get difficult at times but that is only because I enjoy it and care about it so much. I can 100 percent say that the pros out way the cons in this case. I would say the biggest con is our Benefits package.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,138 Reviews