Insight Global Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It's a work hard play hard environment that makes those occasional rough days so worth it" (in 246 reviews)

• "Insight Global is definitely a work hard/play hard mentality" (in 121 reviews)

Cons
  • "I don't have anything negative to say about Insight Global" (in 112 reviews)

• "There is little work life balance" (in 104 reviews)

1. "Overall Review"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here! My timeline to be promoted was very transparent and I had a lot of help from not only the peers that sit in my office, but from other offices as well. IG is very good at making you feel rewarded when you hit milestones in the company as well.

Cons

I don't have any right now.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice right now!

"Read Carefully"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently.
    If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

"Make sure to read before accepting a role internally!"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some legitimate pro's to being an AM at Insight Global!
    - Bert Bean (CEO) is actually amazing. Nothing but good things to say about the guy.
    - The work ethic and time management skills that are learned to effectively be an AM
    - Learning how to run a full meeting with a C-level executive and actually produce results
    - Autonomy of running your own business and managing recruiters

**BUT- everything is learned because YOU are thrown into the water to do it all. Management teaches you nothing- you can really take some true skills away from IG if YOU make your business successful in whichever way you can**

Cons

*I PUT 5 STARS SO THIS WOULDN'T GET HIDDEN UNDER ALL OF THE FORCED-HAPPY REVIEWS MANAGEMENT MADE US WRITE* (and yes, I was FORCED as a recruiter to write a positive review on Glassdoor to push out the negatives. It felt like being in my sorority looking at Greekrank all over again)!

I will keep this short and sweet, as I could find myself writing cons about the company's standards, my personal sales managers, and the absolute embarrassment my office is:: THIS COMPANY WILL NEVER GO PUBLIC, BECAUSE IF THEY DO, THERE WILL BE A MULTITUDE OF HR LAWSUITS FILED. If I'm in a good enough financial spot by then, one will be from me!

I'm not even going to waste my time reiterating the other negative posts that talk about IG as unprofessional, a "frat culture", and how they work their salespeople into the ground with empty promises and no support. If you're thinking of taking a job internally @ IG, you've heard it all before- I had heard it all before! What you really need to know, though, is that as headstrong and liberally-minded and forward-thinking you are, this place will make you into a horrible person.

My (male) bosses are sexist, racist (I have openly heard them mimicking people's accents in a derogatory way), they hound other IG workers for drugs IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY, and make fun of people who do not have money. They are EMPOWERED by their boss, who is also a male who does not care about how his close-minded actions implicate others. An example of how disheartening this job can be: I had a client who started to blur the line between professionalism and personal- he asked me on a date. I notified my boss, as I was very uncomfortable, and my BOSS tried to force me into going as it would "bring business." If you think that my boss was the first one to do that, or if that isn't thrust upon other AM's in the country, than you're mistaken. Like I said, this company can NEVER go public, because the absolute horror/PTSD stories of working under some of IG's top managers will bleed out- and soon enough, with how disgusting most of them will be, the company will dissolve.

Advice to Management

I know how this works: this review will be flagged, and HR will write a reply stating "we are so sorry and we love servant based leadership and being the most professional company and SINCE YOU'RE ON ANONYMOUS we cant do anything ok bye!" You really think that I could put what location I'm from and not have myself/my coworkers verbally abused by our bosses for this review??? You must be the WORST human resources team in the world if you think that's how this will get solved. I have an idea- start taking ownership of the absolute garbage that is perpetuated in offices. IMO- nothing will actually change until all the current sales managers are fired and a new round of INTELLIGENT human beings are brought in- and maybe Bert will do that. But best of luck to you guys.

4. "Great environment and hard work"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing leadership
    - Great pay for entry level
    - Fun happy hours and client meetings
    - Feels like you work on Wallstreet
    - Really great work experience

The team comradery in this office is really amazing. Once you prove that you aren't gonna leave in 3 months people really start to have your back and push for you. My Sales manager at the time, Jarrod, genuinely cares about his employees and does an amazing job of keeping people motivated. The office as a whole really felt like a unit and it was comforting in such a high intensity environment. I see a lot of comments about fraternity and sorority and I'm not sure about other offices but in this office, it just feels like a very tight team.

Cons

Insight Global is a corporate company. The bottom line is their main objective so at times you can feel as if you are just another number working for the man. All of this pressure comes from the corporate offices and the managers in each individual offices are just the messengers. It can be extremely hard and stressful to hit your numbers and in order to succeed you need to put in a lot of hours. If that's not your style you will not make it in this company. This was easily the hardest job I have ever worked, but when you get a win in this environment you really earn it. Wearing a full suit and tie every day is fun at first but things can get kind of awkward when you go to a meeting and the client is wearing a polo and you look like a secret service agent.

Advice to Management

Overall I had a great experience working here. Lost more hair than I wanted to, but it was well worth it for the relationships I built and the foundation I created for my work ethic.

Keep doing what you're doing SD

5. "Professional!!!"

Pros

Very easy to work with, Very professional and finds the employment you want.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you guys are doing.

6. "Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

-Great Leadership, incredibly supportive of all the young talent.
    -Fun office culture, truly encouraging the work hard/play hard limit
    -Quick career growth

Cons

-Long hours
    -it’s a tough business, nothing is ever guaranteed in Staffing and success doesn’t come to everyone.

7. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insight Global's development path is incredible. The attention new recruiters get all the way to the guidance new, and even senior, Account Managers get is why this company is so successful. No one's career goes unnoticed and there is so much room for growth personally and professionally at Insight Global. It's a really great feeling that our CEO has gone through everything someone on their first day with the company is and will continue to see. Insight Global provides an incredible culture to cultivate an extremely successful career and lifestyle.

Cons

This is not a job that you "clock in, clock out" and need to be prepared to put the hours in.

8. "Positive Post"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insight Global has given me the opportunity to excel in my career far beyond what I imagined right out of college; and has given me not only amazing coworkers but life long friends that will be in my wedding.

Cons

Compensation starts out lower, but it really pushes you to take your career into your own hands in order to start making uncapped commision.

9. "Best hiring Experience!"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Supervisor
    Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Supervisor

I have been working at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Sydney Graf with InsightGlobal has been amazing. She worked diligently to find the right position for me. She also made sure that I was paid fairly and not underpaid like alot of the other agencies have done. Sydney and Rebecca at Insight Global have never left me alone through the hiring process, they have been with me all the way through this process.

Cons

I have no down side with this company. They have been absolutely the best and most professional company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to Rebecca and Sydney, they know how to treat employees and people.

10. "Benefits"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Insight Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. My recruiter Jake Spinek was awesome . He helped me through the process to complete all the paperwork on time.

Cons

Benefits could be better. I wish they’d provide better medical benefits.