Insight Global Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

4.0
Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean
1,177 Ratings
Pros
  • "It's a great company to work for(in 319 reviews)

• "The staff is very thorough and upfront about everything during the hiring process(in 282 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You cannot make commissions until you are a pro recruiter or an account manager(in 193 reviews)

• "Long hours and not a great work life balance(in 157 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Insight Global and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Insight Global = Family

Sep 13, 2020 - Recruiter in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just celebrated my year anniversary with IG. When most recruiters start with the company right out of school I had a few years of a corporate job under my belt. Having come from a very uptight corporate setting in my last job, I wasn't sure what to expect from this company. I can honestly say joining Insight Global has been the best decision I've made. I ended up moving across the country to help open up a brand new office/market. The people in this office are going to be lifelong friends. Don't get me wrong, it's a hard job, you'll put in long hours and be asked to go the extra mile, but it is so rewarding to see an office grow from the ground up. One of the things that I love the most about this company is our shared values, Everyone Matters, We Take Care of Each Other, Leadership is Here to Serve, High Character and Hard Work Above All Else & Always Know Where You Stand. Our culture is built around these five values and we eat, sleep and breathe these shared values. When it comes to the current situation we find ourselves in throughout the pandemic, I've never once worried about whether or not I would continue to have a job. Insight Global is a family and a blessing!

Cons

In order to be successful, you will find yourself working long hours and maybe on the weekend, but it will definitely be worth it in the end!

2. 5.0

Read Carefully

Jan 29, 2018 - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently. If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

568 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, Great Sales Base, Hard Work

Jan 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great internal culture and atmosphere, work hard play hard. If you put in the work and produce you will have a great time and be rewarded. Its a perfect place for people to get their feet wet in the sales world. People figure out very quickly whether or not they have the sales gene or not.

Cons

Long hours and a lot of work for first 6 months with little compensation but if you make it through that period then the sky is the limit and the company is a great place to stay.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

This company feels like home

Jan 21, 2021 - Professional Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunity, all organically grown promotions from within. Amazing training and development. Sense of belonging and pride. Sense of autonomy, rarely feel micromanaged.

Cons

Nothing bad to say! Only thing is you may need to work long hours but that’s a given in staffing

5. 4.0

Good experience

Jan 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Must have a work hard play hard mentality. You will learn a ton in this job. You also make a ton of great connections working for this company.

Cons

Long hours and not a great work life balance.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

work hard, play hard

Dec 8, 2020 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great opportunity for growth

Cons

Stress, a lot of work, long hours,

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Recruiter role

Dec 1, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great people, and fun work environment

Cons

No work life balance, low starting pay, long hours

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Sep 11, 2020 - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

You won't find a place that has more supportive co-workers or more dedicated leadership. I've yet to meet someone who works for a company with a better culture than IG. The job can be hard but if you are a person of high character and you're ambitious and put in the work, this company will make sure you become successful.

Cons

I guess the occasional long hours can be seen as a con but most of the time if you're putting in extra hours, it's going to pay off.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people and great opportunity!

Sep 11, 2020 - Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a grind but you can't beat the people at IG and the opportunity the company gives you

Cons

Definitely takes a lot of work, grit, and long hours to make it at IG

10. 5.0

More than just a job!

Aug 28, 2019 - Regional Direct Placement Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has challenged me, supported me, and pushed me to become a version of myself professionally and personally I did not know could exist. I am so thankful for taking the leap to join when I did. I am a more empowered and confident person because of Insight Global and the opportunity the company gave me. The culture here is incomparable to anything else I've seen or heard of and I have met some of the greatest friends here that I know will be in my life forever!

Cons

The first few years as a recruiter and sales person were hard work and long hours and I had to truly push myself a little harder than I thought I could go every day. It paid off (quite literally) and I am glad for it, but you have to be willing to accept that this will be the #1 priority for you for a few years.

1 person found this review helpful