Insight Global "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Insight Global Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated 30 Aug 2019

4.2
Insight Global CEO Bert Bean
Bert Bean
Pros
  • "Insight Global is a great company(in 305 reviews)

• "The work environment genuinely feels like a study room in college with some close friends(in 269 reviews)

Cons
  • "That also means you will not get any support from your account manager or the company(in 174 reviews)

• "Long hours with little pay, not great work life personal life balance(in 131 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is grooming me in so many ways. I love working at Insight Global. I have been here for about 5 months.

Cons

Heavy work load and long hours

Insight Global2019-08-30

"Read Carefully"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in San Jose, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging position so you learn to work efficiently. If you do well, you can make a lot of money

Cons

Well basically it's pretty bad. This is not a "5 star review", the only reason I rated it 5 stars is because when I accepted the job, I didn't see the bad reviews so I thought this company was a good. Once I was about 8 months in and truly fed up with Insight Global, I looked at the 1 star reviews figuring I couldn't be the only one and people wrote pages and pages of true bad reviews on Insight Global. A person on... average quits every 1.5 weeks(we tracked it). Some of the account managers are pretty rude because they are doing so well and think they own the place but not all of them are rude. When you put in your two weeks, they let you go on the spot and I didn't get my two weeks pay, even though in the agreement that I signed said I would receive 2 weeks severance pay. They sell you on the fact that you get a 10k bump in pay after 6 months which is BS because once you turn salary you make less because you can't work overtime anymore(well you do work way over 8 hours but you just don't get paid more for it). You really do feel like a number here. The company itself makes a TON of money every single week yet we had to pay for our own Christmas and boat party. One Sales Manager in particular is bad and he makes a lot of people feel very uncomfortable, including myself. All in all, I would not make this your first choice. After this go to the lowest reviews, If you notice, a lot of the positive reviews are one to two sentences long and the lowest reviews are paragraphs long. If so many people actually raved about this company like they( college recruiters and upper management) say they do, it should show in the reviews. I really have no problem with hard work and long hours. It's how they treat people that I don't like. Health plans are pretty bad and they only match up to $250 dollars for your 401K. $250 is 2 grocery trips..

Insight Global2018-01-30

"More than just a job!"

Current Employee - Regional Direct Placement Manager

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company has challenged me, supported me, and pushed me to become a version of myself professionally and personally I did not know could exist. I am so thankful for taking the leap to join when I did. I am a more empowered and confident person because of Insight Global and the opportunity the company gave me. The culture here is incomparable to anything else I've seen or heard of and I have met some of the... greatest friends here that I know will be in my life forever!

Cons

The first few years as a recruiter and sales person were hard work and long hours and I had to truly push myself a little harder than I thought I could go every day. It paid off (quite literally) and I am glad for it, but you have to be willing to accept that this will be the #1 priority for you for a few years.

Advice to Management

Give people more flexibility with hours to be productive and healthy. Some weeks its impossible to get to the gym after work because you have OOCs, flights, team nights, goals, candidates to screen, the list goes on. Not everyone's body is equipped to get up at 5am to work out. Would be great if there was a little more flexibility on coming in a little later one day to work out in the morning, or take a longer... lunch break to work out midday.

Insight Global2019-08-28
  4. "company culture unlike anywhere else I've seen"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Pitts, PA

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

-opportunity for growth and promotions very quickly -positive, productive work environment and company culture; "everyone matters" is a core value

Cons

-long hours -no remote capabilities

Advice to Management

To stay competitive in the industry, I do think we could do more with remote possibilities. Our culture is like a family, and I think we should be in the office MOST of the time, but even one day remote per week would go a long way!

Insight Global2019-08-23

"My experience was working 12 hours a job to be paid less than a babysitter"

Technical Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight Global

Pros

You can met a lot of people. However the atmosphere is very young kids so it can be very high school.

Cons

You work very long hours for very little pay. It’s a very high stress job that doesn’t even pay the bills.

Advice to Management

Speak to others how you would want to be spoken to. I have never in my life worked for an organization where I was treated so poorly

Insight Global2019-08-06
  6. "Good first job out of school"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Insight Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

-met some pretty awesome people right out of college - the atmosphere is lively and the office space is beautiful -learned a ton about recruiting and account management -overall I’m happy this was my first job out of school because it taught me what I don’t want to be doing in my next position.

Cons

- no work life balance. Very long hours and pay is bad for the amount of work you are putting in. -churn and burn culture -everything is metrics based and you have to submit the numbers you hit every week. If you don’t hit your numbers you feel like you’re not doing a good job - management micromanages you - very gossipy and lots of drama within the company which made me uncomfortable a lot of the time - the... turnover is SO high. I would say 80% of the people I started with left in a few months of working there. - don’t be fooled when they sell you an account manager role because everyone starts as a recruiter. Then you have to be “promoted” into the next position.

Advice to Management

The micromanagement can be really discouraging rather than motivating. Instead of increasing the metrics and numbers that you require employees to hit, focus on quality over quantity because at the end of the day a solid candidate that you invest time into is going to get the job.

Insight Global2019-05-29

"Can't do long term"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Insight Global has a great culture, everyone in the office is excited and energetic. Management is always there for you and pushing you to be as successful as possible.

Cons

They work you too hard. It's really hard to keep a your work and personal life balanced. You work long hours, overtime often. You often skip lunches and work until you can't anymore. It's hard to take PTO without needing to call in to the office every hour of the day. The metrics needed to hit feel impossible.

Insight Global2019-04-22

"No work life balance"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Insight Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

great people, great first job experience.

Cons

Long hours, very micromanaged environment, pray you are paired with a good account manager.

Advice to Management

Be a little more flexible. Sometimes It feels like you are being babysat and not a valued employee.

Insight Global2019-04-01
  9. "Decent"

Former Contractor - IT Analyst

I worked at Insight Global

Pros

Chance for mobility, learn on the job, decent pay

Cons

long hours, lots of driving, some site visits better than others

Insight Global2019-03-19

"Not great for work-life balance"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Insight Global full-time

Pros

Really high earnings potential as an Account Manager IF you work yourself to death (60+ hours a week) Good benefits Great training programs - they definitely make sure you're prepared - the role plays help a lot in selling - I did honestly really appreciate the training, and that's probably one of the few things I truly appreciated!

Cons

Awful work life balance - worked a lot of 11-12 hour days They expect you to go out for drinks with co-workers or clients multiple times a week (meaning you don't get home until 9pm at night or so.. definitely sucks in you have a family or life outside of work..) Pay definitely sucks as a recruiter (30K annual), but as previously mentioned there is great earning potential down the road if you work really long... hours etc. Dress code is SO strict (women are REQUIRED to wear heels... seriously?? How sexist is that..) They don't care about their candidates/contractors and what's really best for them, they just want to close the deal and get warm bodies on the job. I felt morally awful about that a lot of times. Their ethics when it comes to what the expect of you outside of office hours (the sales conference trips, cocktail hours, etc. - which btw you are practically FORCED to go on the conference trips, which are on weekends, even if you don't want to or have conflicting plans) .. don't get me started. I felt completely uncomfortable 90% of the time, and have stories that I could get a lawsuit started with if I really wanted to. I won't go in to too much detail but it's basically a big frat house. BUT like I said.. if money is your only game and you don't care about morals or spending time with your family, then this is the job for you! P.S. They actually try to force you to write good reviews on glassdoor and linkedin when you're there! Insane! So don't believe everything you read..

Insight Global2019-03-13