Insight Investments Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
John Ford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Progressive Company Focused on Further Improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Insight Investments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engaged employees. Executive management very involved in daily operations and directional decisions and open to ideas, feedback, and change. Positive environment with ample opportunity for career growth if you show drive, potential, and initiative.

Cons

Some business lines allowed to exist without justified returns. Further tough decisions needed. Not all areas held to same accountability standards.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive accountability throughout the organization. Address (isolated) personnel who can taint otherwise positive perception of leadership.

2. "Technician"

Former Employee - Technician in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Technician in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Insight Investments full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leasing Product good Benefit for Company and maintain product

Cons

Need training for New Employee

Advice to Management

Need to update new Technology.

"NO LOYALTY"

I worked at Insight Investments full-time

Pros

Some people are pleasant to work with. There is a 401k match.

Cons

Lack of clearly communicated company vision and business plan. Management hires aggressively and then frequently downsizes, exemplifying difficulty understanding and achieving a right-sized staff, hurting morale and creating career instability. Top performers are often overlooked and not given the opportunity to grow.

Advice to Management

Value your people and treat them like people. Using top performers for their knowledge only to dispose of them is not good business. Plan your workforce before you hire and then turn around and fire because you can't manage costs.

4. "Analyst"

I worked at Insight Investments full-time

Pros

really no reason at all. Very top heavy and male dominated.

Cons

The CEO - negative, talks down to ppl and looks for errors and not forgiving

Advice to Management

treat your employees with more respect. D0

5. "Family Friendly"

Pros

Family is really an important concept at the company. Every effort is used to allow one to maintain a life outside of work. Your department cares for you.

To be authentic this review is a review of a review that had been deleted.

Cons

There can't be light without darkness. The only con is a lack of cross training if one doesn't ask . Also from the outside cliches may be hard to become one with.

For an innovative company there should be an open wifi system , with controls, for all employees to use or can use for a fee.

Advice to Management

Have an virtual inbox or an idea day once every 2 months.

Insight Investments Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Our Insight family is very important to us! We appreciate your ideas and are always open to hearing more feedback as to how we can improve.

6. "Comfort and Effective"

I have been working at Insight Investments full-time

Pros

My first week at Insight, one employees was on his way out. He had been working with the company for 5 years, and the way the company treated him on his last day stood out to me. It felt like a holiday. There was a potluck and everybody participated in the event. People were giving their farewells and hugs as the employee was leaving. It left a huge impression on me and that energy has not diminished since. This place brings me comfort and serves as a hub of people who all care for one another.

Cons

The office structure and set up is a typical set up. Very plain colors. The upstairs office is more modern, and hopefully there can be a change to the colors or structure of the cubicles and work stations.

Insight Investments Response

Mar 21, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Thank you for your review! We are grateful to have you as part of the Insight family and are so happy that you feel comfortable and welcome here.

"My first career and hopefully my last."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Insight Investments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growth is all dependent on you and what you do. You are in control over your own destiny here. Hard work is rewarded and noticed. Company focused on meeting employee concerns head on and suggests you bring up any concerns you have. Advice will be delivered to you at all levels of the organization. CEO, President, COS, and CFO very much involved with entire organization and genuinely cares about you. If you have grit you will succeed here.

Cons

We are a growing company and very much so in the last few years. Changes are on a priority schedule which will have the greatest impact for the overall organization first which can take awhile to get to your initiatives which is reasonable. Other than that, no cons.

Advice to Management

I am happy with both bosses I have had over 8 years. My first boss was one of the best people I have ever worked for and I was concerned when he retired but my new boss does a fantastic job and cares about all of us.

8. "Focused and Fast Paced"

I have been working at Insight Investments full-time

Pros

Company is driven by employees that strive for its success. Employees are very knowledgeable and specialists in their area of the business. Never a dull moment, in an always changing and challenging environment. I personally have learned more in this company than I have in any other I have worked in. I work with a great group, when any of our backs are against the wall we can always rely on each other to lean on.

Cons

With so many things going on at once it can be overwhelming but it really tests how good you really are. Some individual's personalities and follow through on their ends could use improvement but every company has those.

"A Family Cultured Company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Insight Investments full-time

Pros

For me, it's the people of this company that makes me want to come to work every day. Everyone is friendly and polite, but what's more is how they care for each other and the company. No one is singled out. Everyone helps each other. A Family.

Cons

There are three divisions within this umbrella company and sometimes we forget that the whole company is larger than the division we are in. With so many people, we don't know everyone or have a chance to get to know everyone except for the ones we interact with.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more cross-division activities to unify our company more, like a more frequent family reunion, more than just once a year during the holidays.

10. "Company positioned for the future"

I have been working at Insight Investments full-time

Pros

The people are amazing to work with, creating a friendly atmosphere. Culture is one where doing the right thing is encouraged. Growth is emphasized

Cons

Hierarchy can be quite deep and complicated