Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

"Insight employment"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I cant think of any. Way too top heavy with management. if you have no life outside of work this may be a good fit.

Cons

Poor processes. Expect a 10 to 12 hour work day.

Advice to Management

Consider that your employees have a life also. Not always about the bottom line. What happened to companies that care?

"Don't care about customers or employees just their bonuses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunity if your willing to be underpaid

Cons

Company lies about you pay compared in the market with fake studies. They find ways to rate you as "underachieving" . Manager even identified that having more than one person rated as achieving would require an essay about why more than one per group is possible. If your not a yes person you cant get an appropriate raise. They even find ways to get out of contractual annual raises.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and stop lining your pockets. Your employees are the reason you have customers!!

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're sorry you had this experience at Insight. We want everyone to have a positive experience here. We appreciate your feedback and if you want to discuss this further, please email us at... More

"Work in operations"

Current Employee - Work In Operations in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Work In Operations in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company historically, there are some processes but some a re very outdated.

Cons

Very outdated environment and management, no way to grow.

Advice to Management

It's a shame how you can be VAR and solutions provider. If clients knew how Insight manages their orders and how slow Insight is and how many unprofessional people work there nobody would do business with Insight. It is just very old and unprofessional environment.

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We do not want you unhappy at work. Please reach out to your HRBP and together you can find ways to improve your situation.

"Marketing team not so good"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insight has nice people
    CEO is smart and inspires and motivates others

Cons

*Marketing department seemed like a mean girl sorority
    *Lots of drama
    *Insecure leaders abound
    *Team structure felt disorganized and inefficient
    *Favoritism played into promotions
    *Butts in Seats management - no focus on results
    *Marketing President nonexistent/always on the road/traveling yet sent out regular emails promoting importance of being in the office and limiting T&E expenses; even traveled to Barcelona last summer to scope out next Summit Club location, which appeared to be a completely unnecessary trip as vented by most of the leadership team
    *Was told "no one" uses Glassdoor after a few bad reviews. Glassdoor is used by millions so that reveals how out of touch that department is.

Advice to Management

Remove the red tape and drama

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Insight’s marketing team has been through a tremendous amount of growth in the past three years. We have grown from a team of 60 to more than 120 talented teammates with disciplines ranging from... More

"Hateful Management that exemplified favoritism, malice, and deceit"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Certain team members and some leadership.

Cons

One employee's plight: out of 230 accounts, 9 were spending accounts. In 12 months prior those 9 spent $52, 000 dollars. That employee was given a quota of $187, 000 for Hardware Revenue. Software revenue goal was $124, 000. The sales rep was told to hit up LinkedIn or talk to previous contacts he had sold to in order to find an opportunity. The corporate sales coaches had nothing but great feedback pertaining to the employee's phone and sales skills.The employee was already on a performance plan and was later FIRED for "MISCONDUCT" because he couldn't hit even 20% of his quota due to non spending accounts. Quotas were concocted not by next logical purchase, or any type of year after year uptick - but simply based on employee "tenure." Had three managers in less than a year. When I went to introduce myself to the third he said," I'm going to make it extremely uncomfortable for you." Was hand delivered an account with an opportunity worth $200,000 - was taken away instantly because it wasn't my vertical. Plenty of reps work accounts that are not their vertical, and are given spending accounts because they have a previous relationship with their "managers." I was reduced to tears several times on the sales floor after realizing that the previously mentioned manager was trying to get me to quit. I once mentioned that I needed to talk to him - he asked, "Is it personal?" I said well, maybe... - he walked off and said, "I don't want to know about it." I wanted his help in order to save my employment and livelihood. Think about what type of soul destroying impact that must have had. He continually told me to just "go ahead and quit." Hunger, Heart, and Harmony?

Advice to Management

Be a better judge of character and truly understand and empathize with your employees. Be a Manager, and most importantly be a human being.

Jun 29, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're sorry you had this experience at Insight. We don't hear this very often and definitely want to remedy this. Can you email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com? Thank you for your feedback.... More

"Horrible company ...keeping looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location since it is based in Tempe
    Take your dog to work day, annual holiday party and that is about it.

Cons

Poor benefits compared to other organizations. Horrible and unethical sales leadership. You tell HR but they really don't investigate because of their personal relationships with the leadership team members.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for an ethical company where leaders are honest and ethical.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We enjoy Bring Your Dog to Work Day and our other events too. Regarding our medical benefits, have a Health Savings Account that Insight contributes to plus an on-site health center in Arizona and... More

"horrible culture"

Former Employee - Services Account Executive
    Former Employee - Services Account Executive

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some service practice areas do good work
    some good people in the rank and file

Cons

a culture of transactional order takers with no vision
    everything done 'on the cheap'
    wasted time due to constant escalations

Advice to Management

Stop hiring "resellers" (a dying industry if ever there was one) and infuse the company with professionals from other industries, who have actually seen best practices. And then actually for the first time manage that new talent.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Honestly, this is surprising feedback and definitely not the norm at Insight. We are sorry this was experienced. If there was something we can adjust, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com

"Too much micro management and lack of direction from senior management"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer III in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer III in Addison, IL

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good co-workers and vendor relationships

Cons

Management, Employee recognition, Pay, Benefits.. This company is not a great company to work for and I was there for about 10yrs too long to be stressed out everyday with all the micro management BS and unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to oversee management to ensure the employees are being treated professionally and fairly. This company does not value thier employees unless you are management, sr management or executives

"Cut-throat right down to the core... Overworked and under paid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros was before a certain manager arrived at the center and everyone called him GOD! Who ruined all good and declared war on old employees. Initials are DM.

Cons

This can get tiring real quick... where do I begin? 1 client, 1 issue at a time was the daily routine and benefits wasn't bad, no HR person to help you fill out your initial forms at your first day working there. Then the center changed to supporting 10+ clients and a demand to know everything about procedures without proper training. Even the veteran managers had to bow to these new managers who changed the center around, forcing employees to work shifts they couldn't. Mandatory shift change was the worse as it forced people to quit so they could hire new people and save $$. This is wrong, all of it was wrong!! Everything for the dollar and nothing for 'caring' for other people... to your employees which have been around longer than any new manager that know more. There were so many problems that happened... so many mistakes the 'Micro-Managers' did.. 4 managers demanding calls were taken NOW and refused to take them when clients were needing help... that is wrong. Being written up with a policy that was 'JUST' made and not told to the employees first! More care went into the managers benefits, bonuses and kick-backs than it did to the employees... the slaves. One manager did so much damage I guess they later found out she had lied about everything on her resume and was let go... my first thought was... shouldn't better/proper back ground checks have been done correctly for this to have never happened? HR was soo much wrapped around new managers fingers that they could do anything they wanted... illegally and get away with it. I'd rather be living on the streets than ever go back to them again!!
    My advice for a new hire is to please keep looking for another job than Insight! This is NOT what you want in a caring company. They would let more advancements to go to the single people and not the employees with families. Discrimination was a serious word to them and would do anything they felt like doing to control the employees. It's sure really sad that I was FORCED to quit without any options... once this new manager came in and declared marshal law upon the old employees I knew I had to leave and would not take anymore of abuse. No one standing up for what was right and true.

Advice to Management

Fire all of your higher management and start new and look for honesty and integrity... not cut-throat people that threaten employees into controlling them to do things that are wrong.

"Poor services organzation - Central region."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sadly, there are no pros.

Cons

Senior execs have no sense of partnership with their customers. Treated like slaves. SOW was unprofitable from the start, which I inherited, and had to make up charges/ fees to make some profit. HR dept were puppets to senior execs (won't call them leaders). Stay away, its a sweat shop. Backstabbing, "it's not my job" mentality...never received any training on their tools, but figured it out on my own. Worked 70-80 hrs per week, only to be walked out without notice or package because they had to lower their rates to win contract renewal. My replacement is paid half as much, and working as many hours, and wasnt given any bonus. Glad I am not there...nightmare is over.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees in the trenches and create realistic, deliverable service contracts. Be engaged with your customers. Implement business process modeling before you write a contract.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

This is not the typical Insight experience at all. It sounds like you might have inherited a bad project and was unable to rescue it. We're very sorry that your experience was unpleasant. If there is... More