Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

Current Employee - Account Executive in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Conway, AR

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insight is constantly partnering with technology companies to ensure we can service customers in the fast growing world of IT.

Cons

The benefits are okay.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for recognizing our cutting-edge advancements. This is why so many want to join our organization. As it relates to health care, over the past few years we have invested in wellness ... More

"Small Medium Business Account Manager"

Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thoughtful Executive Leadership, Pay Structure and additional compensation opportunities, career path, work/life balance, philanthropic opportunities

Cons

As with most companies you'll have some politics here and there but it's to be expected when you have an employee base of this size (5000+) but all in all good people. The sales job can be a grind so if you're low energy and don't like quarterly/weekly metrics then I'd consider a different role within the company.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and applying what you can from the workforce review forms your employees fill out.

Apr 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

It sounds like work life in Conway is going well. Thank you for recognizing our culture and amazing leadership team. We appreciate the review and wish you the best!

"Great people"

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insight’s teammates are amazing, talented people. The brand is really well defined and strong, and the company is well respected among its partners. The company is very much on the front edge of tech solutions.

Cons

The pay is fair for the titles, but they don’t give people titles that are commensurate with their experience or accomplishments, effectively leaving everyone underpaid (some drastically). Also, the health benefits leave a lot to be desired - not on par with other tech industry companies. Also, some departments do not really have any room for people to move up.

Apr 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We appreciate your feedback and recognizing our great teammates and technology offerings. Regarding titles, could you tell us more at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com? As it relates to health care, over ... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Product Champion in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Champion in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Wonderful company to work for. The management in our office is passionate about their jobs and treats their employees like family!

Cons

Health insurance is not the greatest ...

Current Employee - VMware Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - VMware Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Drink from the information fire hose if you want
    Build relationships with people in other Fortune 500s
    Good work life balance / flexible depending on manager
    Ability to see the landscape of current/emerging technology from a higher level than other tech companies
    The Channel experience and the product knowledge looks great on the ole' resume

Cons

There is room to grow your career, but much of that hinges on your managers opinion
    Compensation is far worse compared to other companies in the same space, very few raises.
    Many product focused employees end up with multiple bosses and managers making it impossible to make everyone happy, and in some instances can cost you your job

Advice to Management

Make the opportunity to work for a promotion worthwhile. As it stands now, most promotions would end up paying you less than if you were hired from the outside. How does that make sense at all? I and many others see this job as a stepping stone and turnover will continue to be high until the promotion culture is changed.

Mar 6, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We are happy to hear you have great work/life balance and built strong relationships. We definitely agree with you that there are a lot of career opportunities. At Insight, your manager is looking ... More

"Inside Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company Values, and they actually endeavor to live up to them.

Cons

Benefits package is not competitive, at least not in the Austin Market.

Feb 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We love hearing you love the Insight values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. We have built a very strong culture at Insight and proud to hear you experiencing it in Austin. For benefits, we recently ... More

"Challenging Company - People are There Because They Want to Work With The Best"

Current Employee - Network Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Network Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my three years at Insight on the consulting services side, I've never met another employee that I didn't get along with. It's a challenging fast paced environment and definitely not for everyone. You're expected to perform and operate at a level that is beyond a typical IT position. But the opportunities to learn and grow from that are innumerable.

Cons

Front line managers and technical leads are awesome. It seems that mid-level managers, however, are disconnected from the front line employees. I worked at Insight for two years before I met my manager's manager.

Mar 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Yes, we completely agree — our teammates are the "IT" factor at Insight. It can be fast paced, but, you're right, the opportunities are beyond fantastic. Glad the management team is supporting you ... More

"Great Place for Growth"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Insight has a wonderful worklace environment. Employees are happy here - truly. There is an exceptional push for personal development, with leaders helping to promote from within and move employees into their areas of interest.
    I feel comfortable speaking with my manager, director, and VP, and am on a first name basis with all. I do not feel like there is a status quo here at Insight. I am comfortable discussing my goals and needs with my leaders.
    The workplace atmosphere is unparallelled - Insight is truly a geat place to work and I hope to spend many more years here.

Cons

Insight needs more flexible work options. Many roles could be performed 100% from home. Working from home multiple days a week, or half days in the office would promote a more workplace flexibility.
    Insight should review their pay schedules against current market trends to see there is a generous compensation gap for comprable roles in the same local. Part of becoming THE place teammates want to stay at is compensating/promoting them for the excellent work they do. Midline pay isn't going to attract or keep the best and brightest.
    2017 had two high deductible medical plans to choose from (which was nice since there has only been one plan in the past) yet both plans deductibles are incredible high, and there is no 80/20 or 90/10 option. Althought high deductibl plans are increasingly popular, they don't make sense for every employee (read: good employees leave because of this). Insight would do well to offer better benefits packages.
    The 401K was recently revamped with employer contributions 50% of every dollar employees contibute up to 6%. (It was 25% before!) - a step in the right direction, but Insight should follow their own mantra and 'do it right the first time'. Make an investment in excellent employees.

Advice to Management

If Insight wants to retain good employees planning for their future, they need to review what they are giving their employees. More flexible work options, fair compensation, better medical benefit options, and increase 401K contributions. Put in what you want to get out, otherwise you are providing a great training ground for other companies to snatch your well trained employees.

Feb 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We are very happy to hear that you enjoy working at Insight! We appreciate your great words. Regarding working from home, this depends on the roles and management. We encourage you to discuss this ... More

"Positive"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation, good middle management, and stable

Cons

Can get 'corporate' at times.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

It sounds like life at Insight is going well. Thank you for your feedback! Regarding "corporate", if there is something specific we should know, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com or ... More

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Pros

Great place to work. Very team oriented environment with the easiest access to management and executives. Your goals are very clear and attainable.

Cons

Benefits could be better in certain areas. The company is working to improve them. The 401k match was doubled for 2017. Health insurance is extremely affordable, but a very high deductible plan. It's ideal for healthy individuals, but if you have children and use the coverage a lot, it's a lot of out of pocket expenses.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for being part of the Conway team. We believe in transparency and this is why management is easy to reach. Yes, we are always working on our benefits. Regarding healthcare, we do contribute ... More