Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Work/life balance is exceptional depending on dept (in 20 reviews)

• This place is a good place to start your career (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 21 reviews)

• s a high premium, high deductible, low coverage HSA (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Insight is a great as you are !"

Current Employee - Sales in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Build a business or even an empire, with no risk. Your success is determined by your work ethic, determination and willingness to grow. If you demonstrate your commitment to the business and your clients, the sky is really the limit.

Cons

Only in fairy-tales, and maybe at Google is everything perfect. Your success at Insight will be limited by your individual resourcefulness, and ability to make meaningful connections with clients, partners and internal stakeholders. Do not count on good fortune or handouts to be successful, to get lasting success, you have to make it on your own and you will be all the better for doing so.

Advice to Management

Focus on empowering and enabling trustworthy, tried and true teammates. The only way to treat people fairly is actually to treat everyone differently. Why ? because everyone is different. Also, we can not spend enough time in the day to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Being better than the competition does not mean being the best we can be.

Insight Response

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Wow! Your review gives a great picture of what it is to work at Insight. Yes, success relies on the teammate and the supporting management we have. Thank you so much for your review. We wish you ... More

2. "Insight is alright by me"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Great enviornment in which to work. good support from management.

Cons

internal setbacks and lack of set systems. sytems need a lot of help.

Advice to Management

fix/establish internal systems

3. "A great journey with opportunities to learn and contribute"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Insight has gone through many changes in the past 13 months. To stay relevant to clients and how partners go to market, it is important to stay nimble and relevant. There has been clear guidance and support as we have built new sales methodologies and processes to change conversations with our clients. We have many avenues to turn for support or instruction. Aside from the size, Insight continues to post quarter over quarter gains while increasing the sales force by 30 new employees a QTR. I feel that my contributions are valued and my voice is heard.

Cons

People unwilling to change as we grow and shift with our clients. Many of the legacy employees that have built a career on fulfillment are not as keen or open to changing direction. They need to do a better job of not letting rumors or bad attitude spread among the other employees. Insight also needs to re-evaluate the insurance carrier they use to today. Ameriben is by far one of the worst providers I have ever dealt with. Prices are ridiculous and coverage is spotty.

Advice to Management

Insight is building a culture of high performance. In this they need to make swift decisions on letting average or poor performance not affect those willing to contribute. When I read the posts on this board, it is evident that you have either people who were not willing to change and grow with new direction, or simply were average or below average performers. It is a shame that more people that are making great strides or money within the company are not posting reviews on Glassdoor. My guess is we are busy making money and enjoy the perks of the job. Not as much free time to bash on those around me. ( I have been with the company 10 years)

5. "We are getting better....it's been a long road..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

flexability, benefits, close to home, the people I work with,

Cons

some management, benefits, raises, communication

Advice to Management

I don't appreciate the management getting rid of good people and bringing in their own from the previous company they worked for...

6. "Insight has a dynamic culture. The Sales Teams are knowledgeable, customer service oriented and professional."

Current Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training and growth opportunities. Management is supportive with regard to many aspects.

Cons

With the current technology, the ability to work from home would be a nice option, for more positions.

7. "Quality teammates making the difference"

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enterprise organization with room for professional growth. Company invests in its employees and provides for a positive work/life balance.

Cons

Salaries are quite often competitive.

Advice to Management

Focus on services delivery, employee retention.

"Teamwork"

Current Employee - Recruiting in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone offers help.....I have never seen a company with so much camaraderie.

Cons

I have not witnessed anything negitive

Advice to Management

Management is great......They encourage and promote teamwork

9. "Senior Sales Leader"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to learn the IT industry. Great lauch pad for career in the industry. Lots of opportunity for those who work hard and have passion for success. With 15 plus years of call center sales experience I would rank this one on the top. Lots of great memories. Good culture.

Cons

Through my time, there have seen many changes with senior leadership but par for the course in this industry. Depending on your position you could feel the heat of the latest stock market expectation but that can be part of the fun as well.

Advice to Management

Know your true leaders. Tap into the folks below them to determine their true effectiveness. What does X do well? What are 3 things you'd like to see X do differently?

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone seems to think grass is greener somewhere else, it's not. The job is challenging no doubt but the upside is great

Cons

Always changing strategy, too much. I get it thought , they are trying to innovate and move with industry. There are cons on everything if you look hard enough. Overall the company wants to do well.

Advice to Management

Lots of ppl there for a long time not carrying weight. AE there for 15 years and never hits quota? Why are they still there?

11. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Partner Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Partner Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of paid for lunches and bonuses

Cons

They are sometimes going to bars that aren't as family oriented.

Advice to Management

N/A