Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
  • Work/life balance is exceptional depending on dept (in 20 reviews)

• This place is a good place to start your career (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 21 reviews)

• s a high premium, high deductible, low coverage HSA (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Insight is a great as you are !"

Current Employee - Sales in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Build a business or even an empire, with no risk. Your success is determined by your work ethic, determination and willingness to grow. If you demonstrate your commitment to the business and your clients, the sky is really the limit.

Cons

Only in fairy-tales, and maybe at Google is everything perfect. Your success at Insight will be limited by your individual resourcefulness, and ability to make meaningful connections with clients, partners and internal stakeholders. Do not count on good fortune or handouts to be successful, to get lasting success, you have to make it on your own and you will be all the better for doing so.

Advice to Management

Focus on empowering and enabling trustworthy, tried and true teammates. The only way to treat people fairly is actually to treat everyone differently. Why ? because everyone is different. Also, we can not spend enough time in the day to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. Being better than the competition does not mean being the best we can be.

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Wow! Your review gives a great picture of what it is to work at Insight. Yes, success relies on the teammate and the supporting management we have. Thank you so much for your review. We wish you ... More

2. "Don't believe everything you see..."

Current Employee - Cloud Architect in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Cloud Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Like most big companies, depending who and which team you work for determines your mood.

Cons

Very, very political environment. Especially in support organizations.

Advice to Management

Keep it real. Keep your people humble.

3. "Former SMB Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was an immediate sense of community and helpfulness by everyone on the floor. Managers and coworkers alike were eager to be of assistance, taking time out of their day to show the ropes. Amazing benefits and treatment by partners and the company itself. Recognition of the job's difficulties, tons of investment in business growth and profit.

Cons

Working in the sales industry meant various forms of dishonesty were expected. White lies to partners, clients, and even managers were a daily thing. I did not like being expected to twist the trust to maintain appearances, and felt pressured to do so as my business suffered without using lying for leverage.

5. "Insight is still growing up and trying to determine their demographics"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mike Guggemos. A true visionary and inspiration. Sales driven environment that wants to grow in multiple technology directions. Continuing to acquire new opportunities.

Cons

Health and 401k benefits have a lot to be desired. With focus on sales the servicing department is sometimes undercut and set up to fail.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"

Former Employee - Support in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Support in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Very bad management, high pressure and great expectation for a low payment.
    No development perspective, new ideas or another approach not welcomed.
    Daily unpaid (you can't take even the hours off) overtime and lunch time is not respected.

Advice to Management

This company needs a real management, with leadership attitude.

"Amazing Company"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

I am so grateful to be part of such an amazing organization like Insight. I have never seen a company do so much for their employees the way Insight does.
    One thing that has always been evident to anyone who has walked into this building has been our culture. As cheesy as it may sound but the people here are like family to me.

Another great pro of working here is that you are free to run with new ideas you have, they encourage you to think outside the box and just go with it.

Cons

Every company has it's cons, Insight's positives outweigh their cons which is what makes a big difference to me.

Mar 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're honored to have such great teammates like yourself at Insight. Great ideas are what makes Insight and our teammates progressive. Thank you for recognizing our programs and culture. We wish you ... More

"Services Teammate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing services organization; CEO impressive and approachable

Cons

Regional services leadership plagued with politics, egos, and manipulation versus employee collaboration and development; more focus on forecasting accuracy than providing quality customer services

Advice to Management

Continue to seek feedback from employees and investigate low rated leaders to ensure employee satisfaction to maintain maximum integrity

"Cut-throat right down to the core... Overworked and under paid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros was before a certain manager arrived at the center and everyone called him GOD! Who ruined all good and declared war on old employees. Initials are DM.

Cons

This can get tiring real quick... where do I begin? 1 client, 1 issue at a time was the daily routine and benefits wasn't bad, no HR person to help you fill out your initial forms at your first day working there. Then the center changed to supporting 10+ clients and a demand to know everything about procedures without proper training. Even the veteran managers had to bow to these new managers who changed the center around, forcing employees to work shifts they couldn't. Mandatory shift change was the worse as it forced people to quit so they could hire new people and save $$. This is wrong, all of it was wrong!! Everything for the dollar and nothing for 'caring' for other people... to your employees which have been around longer than any new manager that know more. There were so many problems that happened... so many mistakes the 'Micro-Managers' did.. 4 managers demanding calls were taken NOW and refused to take them when clients were needing help... that is wrong. Being written up with a policy that was 'JUST' made and not told to the employees first! More care went into the managers benefits, bonuses and kick-backs than it did to the employees... the slaves. One manager did so much damage I guess they later found out she had lied about everything on her resume and was let go... my first thought was... shouldn't better/proper back ground checks have been done correctly for this to have never happened? HR was soo much wrapped around new managers fingers that they could do anything they wanted... illegally and get away with it. I'd rather be living on the streets than ever go back to them again!!
    My advice for a new hire is to please keep looking for another job than Insight! This is NOT what you want in a caring company. They would let more advancements to go to the single people and not the employees with families. Discrimination was a serious word to them and would do anything they felt like doing to control the employees. It's sure really sad that I was FORCED to quit without any options... once this new manager came in and declared marshal law upon the old employees I knew I had to leave and would not take anymore of abuse. No one standing up for what was right and true.

Advice to Management

Fire all of your higher management and start new and look for honesty and integrity... not cut-throat people that threaten employees into controlling them to do things that are wrong.

"Senior HR Manager"

Pros

large number of volunteer organizations benefited from Insight Canada teammate efforts

Cons

pressure cooker environment for many junior-level Teammates

Advice to Management

be less intimidating and more supportive, work at motivating, training, and all the things that could lead to lower attrition rates.

Mar 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you feel this way as it’s not the typical feedback that we generally get from our teammates. We understand sales is not for everyone which is why we ... More

"Project Coordinator"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Management was awesome, learning experience was as well.

Cons

Job Security, they keep you as a contractor for forever.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

That's fantastic that you agree with many teammates about Insight's management team. Also very happy to hear you're gaining valuable experiences. Regarding contract status, we do have guidelines in ... More