Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

"Horrible company ...keeping looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location since it is based in Tempe
    Take your dog to work day, annual holiday party and that is about it.

Cons

Poor benefits compared to other organizations. Horrible and unethical sales leadership. You tell HR but they really don't investigate because of their personal relationships with the leadership team members.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for an ethical company where leaders are honest and ethical.

"Former A.E"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

working with the US clientele, partner funded events, sales spiffs...

Cons

top heavy, sales managers have not actually proven their mettle, unfair compensation as it relates to sales, office politics gone way too bad and long up in this place.

Advice to Management

Keep management lean, bring in front line managers who have previously consistently excelled in sales within the org for at least 5-8 years. No need to have a bunch of nannies looking busy preparing excel spreadsheets and reports.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We are sorry you had this experience at Insight. This is definitely the typical. Regarding pay, we do review and adjust our compensation levels across roles and geographies to ensure they are ... More

"horrible culture"

Former Employee - Services Account Executive
    Former Employee - Services Account Executive

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some service practice areas do good work
    some good people in the rank and file

Cons

a culture of transactional order takers with no vision
    everything done 'on the cheap'
    wasted time due to constant escalations

Advice to Management

Stop hiring "resellers" (a dying industry if ever there was one) and infuse the company with professionals from other industries, who have actually seen best practices. And then actually for the first time manage that new talent.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Honestly, this is surprising feedback and definitely not the norm at Insight. We are sorry this was experienced. If there was something we can adjust, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com

"Very bad commission plan"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

The high staff turnover at senior levels means you can be promoted quickly.

Cons

Overbearing & controlling micro-management
    Poor commission plan (compared to the market)
    Process heavy with poor systems
    A lack of direction and support
    Defensive co-workers with a blame culture

Advice to Management

Sort out the comm. plan & attract some talent!

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We want you to be successful at Insight. Can you share your specific issues with the comp plan at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com? Also, it sounds like areas could be improved, please reach out to your ... More

"Too much micro management and lack of direction from senior management"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer III in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer III in Addison, IL

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good co-workers and vendor relationships

Cons

Management, Employee recognition, Pay, Benefits.. This company is not a great company to work for and I was there for about 10yrs too long to be stressed out everyday with all the micro management BS and unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to oversee management to ensure the employees are being treated professionally and fairly. This company does not value thier employees unless you are management, sr management or executives

"Weird environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large brand so good benefits for employees

Cons

Lack of leadership
    No clear vision nor communication and action from top down
    No training and career progression
    Very traditional company...

Advice to Management

Work as a team... you are not an unified leadership team so very difficult for you to go anywhere...
    Listen to your teammates and collabore...

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"

Former Employee - Support in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Support in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have no pros for this company

Cons

Very bad management, high pressure and great expectation for a low payment.
    No development perspective, new ideas or another approach not welcomed.
    Daily unpaid (you can't take even the hours off) overtime and lunch time is not respected.

Advice to Management

This company needs a real management, with leadership attitude.

Mar 30, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

This feedback is surprising since we don't hear this often. We're sorry this was your experience. If this was something specific we can address, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com. ... More

"Cut-throat right down to the core... Overworked and under paid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros was before a certain manager arrived at the center and everyone called him GOD! Who ruined all good and declared war on old employees. Initials are DM.

Cons

This can get tiring real quick... where do I begin? 1 client, 1 issue at a time was the daily routine and benefits wasn't bad, no HR person to help you fill out your initial forms at your first day working there. Then the center changed to supporting 10+ clients and a demand to know everything about procedures without proper training. Even the veteran managers had to bow to these new managers who changed the center around, forcing employees to work shifts they couldn't. Mandatory shift change was the worse as it forced people to quit so they could hire new people and save $$. This is wrong, all of it was wrong!! Everything for the dollar and nothing for 'caring' for other people... to your employees which have been around longer than any new manager that know more. There were so many problems that happened... so many mistakes the 'Micro-Managers' did.. 4 managers demanding calls were taken NOW and refused to take them when clients were needing help... that is wrong. Being written up with a policy that was 'JUST' made and not told to the employees first! More care went into the managers benefits, bonuses and kick-backs than it did to the employees... the slaves. One manager did so much damage I guess they later found out she had lied about everything on her resume and was let go... my first thought was... shouldn't better/proper back ground checks have been done correctly for this to have never happened? HR was soo much wrapped around new managers fingers that they could do anything they wanted... illegally and get away with it. I'd rather be living on the streets than ever go back to them again!!
    My advice for a new hire is to please keep looking for another job than Insight! This is NOT what you want in a caring company. They would let more advancements to go to the single people and not the employees with families. Discrimination was a serious word to them and would do anything they felt like doing to control the employees. It's sure really sad that I was FORCED to quit without any options... once this new manager came in and declared marshal law upon the old employees I knew I had to leave and would not take anymore of abuse. No one standing up for what was right and true.

Advice to Management

Fire all of your higher management and start new and look for honesty and integrity... not cut-throat people that threaten employees into controlling them to do things that are wrong.

"Cronyism and a good ol boy network"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you ate enough cheese and are a chosen one, you can literally do absolutely nothing and get promoted. Spending accounts will be served to you on a silver platter, and days off/sick days will be plentiful without any consequence. You can pretty much run your business as unscrupulous as you choose to. A typical "success" story involves negative margin in order to win over the client. I have seen accolades given to a rep who forecast in their pipeline a conversation that they had with someone who knows someone that has a budget - they were promoted.

Cons

Legitimate opportunities are few and far between, if you are transparent and truthful you are done for. If you can fake it then great! There has been a Dell takeover, which is second to only being in the military. It is "who you know" and who you eat lunch with. If you are not ex-Dell then forget it. Why someone would come from another company and impose their way of thinking and living is beyond me - no such thing as an autonomous, collaborative and happy work environment with a dictatorship. Had three managers in less than a year - and no support from any of them. The last actually treated me with disdain.

Advice to Management

Don't spend over a year and a half violating every human resource directive known to mankind while making life a living hell for certain employees (true, documented story) and help those that may not fit within your idea of what constitutes a solid individual. I was kicked to the curb for reasons not fully understood, and a victim of a constructive dismissal under the guise of "did not meet revenue metrics".

Mar 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We appreciate the feedback and review. It can be challenging to break in to accounts and often pricing must be aggressive to win a first time-buyer. Our pricing strategies and specialists do a great ... More

"Poor services organzation - Central region."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sadly, there are no pros.

Cons

Senior execs have no sense of partnership with their customers. Treated like slaves. SOW was unprofitable from the start, which I inherited, and had to make up charges/ fees to make some profit. HR dept were puppets to senior execs (won't call them leaders). Stay away, its a sweat shop. Backstabbing, "it's not my job" mentality...never received any training on their tools, but figured it out on my own. Worked 70-80 hrs per week, only to be walked out without notice or package because they had to lower their rates to win contract renewal. My replacement is paid half as much, and working as many hours, and wasnt given any bonus. Glad I am not there...nightmare is over.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees in the trenches and create realistic, deliverable service contracts. Be engaged with your customers. Implement business process modeling before you write a contract.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

This is not the typical Insight experience at all. It sounds like you might have inherited a bad project and was unable to rescue it. We're very sorry that your experience was unpleasant. If there is ... More