Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

1. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Work culture, Competitive remuneration, Established customer base, Friendly Teammates.

Cons

They can Hire and Fire anytime. Annual reviews are not transparent. Parking facility is available only for managers and rest are on their own.

Advice to Management

Please have a formal process of completing the Employee's Confirmation after Probation is over. Never change the title of your Employee without even informing them. Being a global company, make it a practice to have a inclusive communication. Higher management must have Company wide meetings to let their employees know what is happening across different regions and provide a direction for each region and what is the vision for each org across each region.

2. "Great place to get experience"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Great office atmosphere, great EMEA Management Team, good benefits and schemes.

Cons

Driven by the US who over power all decisions and are full of politics

Advice to Management

Work as one team and listen.

3. "Warehouse Associate"

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Good Overtime throught the year

Cons

Overtime goes down in winter time

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Glad you were able to find overtime when you needed it most. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best.

4. "Inside Sales Managr"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company values and good working environment

Cons

Needs a more strategic approach to marketing to the SMB market

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We agree, our teammates live our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. This then creates an amazing culture and work environment. Thank you for recognizing this. Regarding a stronger SMB approach... More

"Glorified Data Entry Position"

Former Employee - Sales Solutions Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Solutions Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's really easy work. Everyone seems to think it's rocket science though. Your paycheck is on time. The company does have a vision. You can contribute to helping employees in need, so there's a great amount of generosity. There's a nurse on site. So you don't have to take time off work to go to the doctor. There's a cafeteria. Vendors are always bringing in food and freebies. Most people are friendly. It is really a fun atmosphere. You can bring your dog to work once a quarter.

Cons

- It's funny watching the women walk around here looking like they are going to a club. They think it's because they look professional. You don't work that professional of a job, and stiletto's with short skirts is never professional attire. And just because your wearing your clubbing outfit, doesn't mean you're better than everyone else.
    - Most managers are really cool. However, some will call you out in front of the whole building!
    - Don't call out of work, they will shun you for a few days.
    - Nobody is paid the same and most people's skill sets, are extremely underutilized.
    - You only get paid well if you come from a competitor.
    - There is certainly some discrimination among employees. It's kind of like being in high school again, you have to belong to a click.
    - The employees that suck up the most, get the most.
    - You only get bonuses if you're in sales.
    - Insurance sucks. Only have options of deductible plans. $3000 and $6000.
    - No stock options.
    - Cannot take time off during the end of the quarter. None... 0... unless you're dead.

Advice to Management

This is a hard one. It's really a cool place to work. If half of the people didn't work here. Most managers are awesome. Maybe just see the skill sets your working with and use it to your advantage. AND, if you're going to bust one person on something, you should ensure you do that to everyone. I left because of the favoritism in the IPS department.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for recognizing our positive culture, atmosphere, teammates and vision. In fact the majority of teammates recommend Insight as a place to work. As for taking time off at the end of the... More

"Buyer"

Pros

The Employees are genuine, and really work well together, to get the work done.

Cons

IF your Laid off from work, they will tell you that you can be rehired, but they dont even call you. Once your gone, they dont want you back.

Advice to Management

Don't make statements you cant honor.Be honest and upfront with your Employees

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for recognizing our great teammates. We hear this feedback frequently. If there is a fit, we definitely will reach out. If there is something specific we can address, please email us at... More

"Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting pay right out of college.

Cons

No room for growth. They want to keep you as an inside sales rep.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We appreciate your review and would definitely like to discuss more areas for you to grow. Have you discussed options with your manager or HRBP? If not, it's a great time to see opportunities. Thank... More

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits is really the only highlight I can honestly say, with them exception of how some employees (non management) will go out of their way to help.

Cons

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)
    Pros
    Cons
    I worked their for years and although the company has great potential, they don't practice what they preach. I've seen countless employees leave due to bullying/belittling (which leads to the fear of retribution), or employees dismissed because they don't tow the line as expected (i.e.: put up or shut up). I left on my own terms and was viewed in a high regard.

Advice to Management

Enough with the ego's - You work in a professional environment, and should empower every employee that you work with..not pick and choose, let alone single them out to feel like an outcast.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're glad to hear that the benefits were good and how teammates were helpful. Regarding the rest, were any of these concerns given to your HRBP? We'd appreciate any feedback regarding this. Please... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People , Management, Bring your dog to work day

Cons

People, Management, Room for advancement

Advice to Management

Promote based off of skill rather than just because someone is well liked or in the inner circle.

May 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Bring your dog to work day is a fun and popular event. Thank you for recognizing one of our many events in Tempe. Regarding career advancement, we are surprised by this since skill is a key factor... More

"Fun Company"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, Talent, Capabilities, Support, Global

Cons

Publicly Traded Company, A lot of directional changes, leadership changes, and limited ability to cater to all territories equally. Typical challenges of a PTC include "shareholder above business continuity"

Advice to Management

Continue the good work developing clarity around brand identity and delivery capabilities. Simplify service delivery to be more competitive in outlying territories. Promote bottom up growth opportunity - share what it takes to grow a territory through P&L targets and revenue attainment. You'll keep more talent, grow more business, and keep more satisfied and paying customers.