Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Insight - Top Notch Organization"

Current Employee - Sales Market Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Market Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Insight has a wonderful Senior Leadership team, lead by Ken Lamneck and Steve Dodenhoff. They have chartered an amazing course for this business. As a sales leader, capabilities and partnerships are core to being successful in the marketplace. Insight's capabilities, especially Globally and around the App Dev space, has completely outflanked our competitors. I thank Ken and Steve for that.

Another pro of Insight is the culture. Hunger, heart and harmony are our core beliefs, and we really treat everyone with great respect. We are a proud, public, Fortune 500 organization and to climb those ranks you need to operate with integrity every step of the way.

Cons

Really nothing negative to say. 16 years of my life invested in Insight and it's never been cooler to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up on constantly innovating Insight to stay ahead of the curve.

Jun 29, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you so much for the great review and recognizing our leadership team and amazing culture. We appreciate having such a valued teammate. We wish you continued success!

2. "Current Employee Life at Insight"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many advantages to working for Insight, I don't know where to start. If you like working w/ true experts, in a team atmosphere, for Microsoft's largest global partner, than this is the place for you!

Cons

I can't spread the word fast enough about how great Insight is.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

3. "good"

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Good company to work with

Cons

No bad reviews. All good

4. "Love the company"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Tempe, AZ
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly managers, easy to meet higher ups (at least in my intern position)

Cons

None at the Tempe HQ location

Advice to Management

I can't think of any for my position!

"Great place to work in Tempe"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have really enjoyed working at Insight and have been able to progress my career. Management treats you well and they focus on the growth of the employees. There is a fun atmosphere most days which makes it a great place to work. We have an on-site health clinic that is unique. Insight is one of the top companies in this industry, worth a look if you are interested in technology. I really like the casual dress code, again, makes the experience more enjoyable.

Cons

Consider allowing more remote/flexible work force.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, thanks.

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home flexibility; benefits; health center on-site; cafeteria; partner sponsored breakfast and lunches; PTO; 401K match;

Cons

Not enough covered parking available.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing these days as it appears to be working! ;)

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and glad you are finding a great home with Insight. regarding parking, we know it can be hot at Insight, but we rotate the covered... More

"An all-around great place to work"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, teammates, and work-life balance
    Skilled and transparent senior leadership
    Competitive pay and benefits
    Onsite cafeteria and health center

Cons

No onsite gym—the thing I miss most about my previous company

Advice to Management

Continue investing in and rewarding teammates
    Continue improving benefits and pay to attract and keep talent

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Great feedback! Thank you for taking time and writing a review. We are pleased to hear you are happy with Insight's culture, teammates and leadership. Regarding the gym, check with our benefits team... More

"Fun to WIN with Insight!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Full product and services line across technology. Management that I'd walk into a fire for! Great sales incentives, trips, and FUN!

Cons

Not enough covered parking in Tempe.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We appreciate your feedback! It sounds like you have a great leadership team. Regarding covered parking, we do rotate the spots and hopefully your turn will be up soon. Thank you for taking time to... More

"Really Values Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Even in the midst of a lot of transformation, this is a company that values leadership, engagement and collaboration.

I've been part of the organization for nearly five years -- that's the longest I've worked for one company in my career. I'm grateful to be here as a part of the team that has helped drive the change and for the many opportunities for professional development that I've benefited from. From growing in my role and responsibilities to formal leadership training, I have gained so much as a part of my Insight experience so far.

Whenever I'm asked what I like the most about working here, the answer is always the people. I am surrounded by great leaders and thinkers at all levels. People really do care about one another, and are invested in being successful together. I have been in plenty of scenarios where the opposite is true, so this part of the culture means a lot to me.

For the marketing team, I really credit the VP who has come in to make changes in the past three years. She has a really clear vision for the team and definitely cares about teammates personally and professionally.

This is a very fast-paced environment, and I personally appreciate it. Although this could maybe also be in the cons for some... not everyone thrives with such rapid change and the required agility.

I'm very proud to work with this team and be a part of the results we're creating.

Cons

I'm not crazy about the offerings in the cafe. The 2pm closing time keeps getting earlier and earlier... More healthy pre-packed offerings would be helpful and a self check out so you don't have to wait would be good.

Benefits coverage is really very decent with some good perks included, but the main insurance provider system is slow, and it takes a lot of work and organization to stay on top of that information.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work around developing leaders, it's making an impact at many levels.

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We love this type of feedback. Thank you for recognizing our great leadership, your teammates and culture. Regarding the cafe, this is good feedback and we will make sure this gets to the... More

"Amazing Culture with Talented People"

Current Employee - CRM Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - CRM Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Insight. Truly. From the friendly morning greetings from Security to the teammate goodbyes, Insight makes me smile. I am fortunate to work here, surrounded by people who WANT to be here. These people care about their jobs, and by that I mean they are passionate about what they do, they collaborate well, are open to new ideas and always strive to be the best. They also clearly care about each other. I have worked in many places where people would grumble about everything; nothing was ever positive. However, I have found, it's very difficult to be negative at Insight. These amazing individuals feel more like family to me than coworkers. I am constantly learning from them all and could not be more proud to be part of such a strong, driven, innovative, intelligent, and passionate group.

Insight also has several amazing perks that I have never seen anywhere. Insight has an onsite doctor. Seriously. You can schedule appointments but most of the time you can just walk in. Insight also has an onsite nutritionist who can help you with meal planning. Insight has a cafe onsite, there are weekly meditation sessions, and weekly morning walks.

Insight also embraces individuals desire to grow and change. They give their employees the ability to seek out other roles in other departments, grow into a leadership role, or find whatever makes that person push to their fullest potential. The company is also very flexible, and leadership always seems willing to accommodate their employees needs.

The company is incredibly dynamic and fast paced. Things are constantly changing here, and if that sounds like your cup of tea then I would definitely recommend checking it out.

Cons

Maybe an overshare but they need more restrooms in the building. Just saying.

As with any company communication is somewhat difficult between departments, but mostly that is because of how busy everyone is day-to-day.

Some projects require very long and late hours. This isn't ALL the time but it does happen. But the collaboration during these times are amazing!

Advice to Management

You are amazing. Thank you for showing me what strong leadership can do and thank you for giving me the tools to lead as well.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you so much for your review! We're thankful for great teammates likes yourself. We appreciate all that you do at Insight.