Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits is really the only highlight I can honestly say, with them exception of how some employees (non management) will go out of their way to help.

Cons

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)
    Pros
    Cons
    I worked their for years and although the company has great potential, they don't practice what they preach. I've seen countless employees leave due to bullying/belittling (which leads to the fear of retribution), or employees dismissed because they don't tow the line as expected (i.e.: put up or shut up). I left on my own terms and was viewed in a high regard.

Advice to Management

Enough with the ego's - You work in a professional environment, and should empower every employee that you work with..not pick and choose, let alone single them out to feel like an outcast.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're glad to hear that the benefits were good and how teammates were helpful. Regarding the rest, were any of these concerns given to your HRBP? We'd appreciate any feedback regarding this. Please ... More

"They are always hiring Service Technicians"

Former Employee - Services Technician in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Services Technician in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Cafeteria on site wasn't terrible, lunch places around there weren't bad.

- Very difficult to get fired, short of actual incompetence

- Vendor sponsored stuff was nice.

- Paycheck always came on time.

Cons

The pay was awful, making about 75 percent of industry standard for similar work, I had firends working in other NOCs making significantly more than me and my peers to start. Inflexible starting pay even to technicians that had certifications and significant experience (you made $15 an hour to start, and after 90 days you get a 10 percent bump). The job feels meaningless and doing a good job often went unnoticed. The description says "promotes from within"; though in a year I only saw one tech promoted to engineer, the rest were outside hires. Benefits package had one very high deductible health benefit. All the office rules were written for 9-5ers, with no thought considered for those that had non-traditional working schedules. NOC had a points based attendance system that was not enforced even on members of the same group (Service Desk/NOC).

Very low pay led to very talented techs leaving for better positions, while Insight wouldn't even consider trying to match. It led to essentially a revolving door. Management was inconsistent, and often hadcrossed wires in communication. Managers from other groups were constantly in the NOC telling people what to do, even if it wasn't their responsibility.

Advice to Management

Restructure everything that you've done. New HR, new management, new support staff. Insight bought their NOC group (Calence) from Avnet but didn't really integrate it. Nothing had been changed and everything was being run "business as usual". Calence hadn't changed their pay scale since the beginning of the company, as I am sure everyone knows, inflation has occred in the last 17 years.

Insight brags consistently off of being a Fortune 500 company, but didn't pay their "crown jewel" NOC like it, then asked us to rate them a "Best Place in Phoenix to Work" after slashing benefits. Get realistic, you can't whip people and expect them to thank you for it.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Your feedback is surprising since we don't hear this. We're sorry you ran into this and know this is not typical of Insight. If there is something we can do, please email us at ... More

"Insight"

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insight is constantly partnering with technology companies to ensure we can service customers in the fast growing world of IT.

Cons

The benefits are okay.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for recognizing our cutting-edge advancements. This is why so many want to join our organization. As it relates to health care, over the past few years we have invested in wellness ... More

"Great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Insight’s teammates are amazing, talented people. The brand is really well defined and strong, and the company is well respected among its partners. The company is very much on the front edge of tech solutions.

Cons

The pay is fair for the titles, but they don’t give people titles that are commensurate with their experience or accomplishments, effectively leaving everyone underpaid (some drastically). Also, the health benefits leave a lot to be desired - not on par with other tech industry companies. Also, some departments do not really have any room for people to move up.

Apr 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We appreciate your feedback and recognizing our great teammates and technology offerings. Regarding titles, could you tell us more at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com? As it relates to health care, over ... More

"Small Medium Business Account Manager"

Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - SMB Account Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thoughtful Executive Leadership, Pay Structure and additional compensation opportunities, career path, work/life balance, philanthropic opportunities

Cons

As with most companies you'll have some politics here and there but it's to be expected when you have an employee base of this size (5000+) but all in all good people. The sales job can be a grind so if you're low energy and don't like quarterly/weekly metrics then I'd consider a different role within the company.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and applying what you can from the workforce review forms your employees fill out.

Apr 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

It sounds like work life in Conway is going well. Thank you for recognizing our culture and amazing leadership team. We appreciate the review and wish you the best!

"Not what I was expecting"

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity is there to make money

Cons

Pay structure is horrible. Once and IF you meet your quarterly quota they will raise it so high that it will be almost impossible to meet it again. They also throw out performance plans left and right which is not beneficial to the employees at all

Advice to Management

less micro managing !!. You are not busting your butt's off for hours a day driving and making new business we are.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Yes, we agree, at Conway there is definitely opportunities to succeed. Compensation plans do change based on the market, but hopefully to everyone's benefit. Regarding the micromanaging, this is ... More

"Horrible company ...keeping looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location since it is based in Tempe
    Take your dog to work day, annual holiday party and that is about it.

Cons

Poor benefits compared to other organizations. Horrible and unethical sales leadership. You tell HR but they really don't investigate because of their personal relationships with the leadership team members.

Advice to Management

Keep looking for an ethical company where leaders are honest and ethical.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We enjoy Bring Your Dog to Work Day and our other events too. Regarding our medical benefits, have a Health Savings Account that Insight contributes to plus an on-site health center in Arizona and ... More

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People , Management, Bring your dog to work day

Cons

People, Management, Room for advancement

Advice to Management

Promote based off of skill rather than just because someone is well liked or in the inner circle.

May 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Bring your dog to work day is a fun and popular event. Thank you for recognizing one of our many events in Tempe. Regarding career advancement, we are surprised by this since skill is a key factor ... More

"Great job for the short term, but do not make a career out of Insight."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had a lot of autonomy and got to work on a variety of different things. I ended up working with just about every department in the company in some fashion. This exposure was good on the job education on how a large international business is run. If you are looking for an entry level job to get your feet wet in a corporate setting, this is a great company. Just don't make a career out of it and make sure you leave after no more than 3 years. Any more is just a waste.

Cons

I had an obfuscated title and job description. If a more main stream title and job description had been used, it would have been obvious that I was paid below market rate. I don't think that was on purpose, but I lost income due to this. At one point I was paid under the minimum rate that HR had set for my position.

My supervisor had no idea what I did and I took directions from others in management that I did not report to. I was not given any mentor-ship regarding my career path. When I had identified another department that I thought was more along my career path, management actively blocked my movement and told me that they were protecting me, because the other team had bad management. Assuming my management team was honest, it is a terrible spot to be in knowing you are not where you should be and the department you should go to is in chaos.

I was frequently worked to exhaustion and took massive hits to my overall health. There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service. Work had to get done no matter the cost. The hard hours were not even recognized and no thank you's were given. Many times I had worked 70+ hour weeks and even got scolded for not getting enough done.

Advice to Management

I was doing a job that other teams either did or were supposed to do. Since I did not report up through the correct structure, I didn't get the support I needed. Ensure you have the right departmental organization with the right managers in place, along with job descriptions that reflect what people actually do. Finally, try to get as close to market rate as you can in terms of pay. At the very least, if you are going to pay under, be within 10%. Finding out you are more than 20% under market rate makes people feel they are not valued.

May 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Regarding pay, we do review and adjust our compensation levels across roles and geographies to ensure they are competitive. We strive to ensure we are positioned well to reward our teammates for ... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Product Champion in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Champion in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Wonderful company to work for. The management in our office is passionate about their jobs and treats their employees like family!

Cons

Health insurance is not the greatest ...