Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight Reviews

Updated December 5, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 23 reviews)

• Very low pay led to very talented techs leaving for better positions, while Insight wouldn't even consider trying to match (in 17 reviews)

"horrible culture"

Former Employee - Services Account Executive
    Former Employee - Services Account Executive

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some service practice areas do good work
    some good people in the rank and file

Cons

a culture of transactional order takers with no vision
    everything done 'on the cheap'
    wasted time due to constant escalations

Advice to Management

Stop hiring "resellers" (a dying industry if ever there was one) and infuse the company with professionals from other industries, who have actually seen best practices. And then actually for the first time manage that new talent.

May 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Honestly, this is surprising feedback and definitely not the norm at Insight. We are sorry this was experienced. If there was something we can adjust, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com

"Too much micro management and lack of direction from senior management"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer III in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer III in Addison, IL

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good co-workers and vendor relationships

Cons

Management, Employee recognition, Pay, Benefits.. This company is not a great company to work for and I was there for about 10yrs too long to be stressed out everyday with all the micro management BS and unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to oversee management to ensure the employees are being treated professionally and fairly. This company does not value thier employees unless you are management, sr management or executives

"Cut-throat right down to the core... Overworked and under paid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pros was before a certain manager arrived at the center and everyone called him GOD! Who ruined all good and declared war on old employees. Initials are DM.

Cons

This can get tiring real quick... where do I begin? 1 client, 1 issue at a time was the daily routine and benefits wasn't bad, no HR person to help you fill out your initial forms at your first day working there. Then the center changed to supporting 10+ clients and a demand to know everything about procedures without proper training. Even the veteran managers had to bow to these new managers who changed the center around, forcing employees to work shifts they couldn't. Mandatory shift change was the worse as it forced people to quit so they could hire new people and save $$. This is wrong, all of it was wrong!! Everything for the dollar and nothing for 'caring' for other people... to your employees which have been around longer than any new manager that know more. There were so many problems that happened... so many mistakes the 'Micro-Managers' did.. 4 managers demanding calls were taken NOW and refused to take them when clients were needing help... that is wrong. Being written up with a policy that was 'JUST' made and not told to the employees first! More care went into the managers benefits, bonuses and kick-backs than it did to the employees... the slaves. One manager did so much damage I guess they later found out she had lied about everything on her resume and was let go... my first thought was... shouldn't better/proper back ground checks have been done correctly for this to have never happened? HR was soo much wrapped around new managers fingers that they could do anything they wanted... illegally and get away with it. I'd rather be living on the streets than ever go back to them again!!
    My advice for a new hire is to please keep looking for another job than Insight! This is NOT what you want in a caring company. They would let more advancements to go to the single people and not the employees with families. Discrimination was a serious word to them and would do anything they felt like doing to control the employees. It's sure really sad that I was FORCED to quit without any options... once this new manager came in and declared marshal law upon the old employees I knew I had to leave and would not take anymore of abuse. No one standing up for what was right and true.

Advice to Management

Fire all of your higher management and start new and look for honesty and integrity... not cut-throat people that threaten employees into controlling them to do things that are wrong.

"Poor services organzation - Central region."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sadly, there are no pros.

Cons

Senior execs have no sense of partnership with their customers. Treated like slaves. SOW was unprofitable from the start, which I inherited, and had to make up charges/ fees to make some profit. HR dept were puppets to senior execs (won't call them leaders). Stay away, its a sweat shop. Backstabbing, "it's not my job" mentality...never received any training on their tools, but figured it out on my own. Worked 70-80 hrs per week, only to be walked out without notice or package because they had to lower their rates to win contract renewal. My replacement is paid half as much, and working as many hours, and wasnt given any bonus. Glad I am not there...nightmare is over.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees in the trenches and create realistic, deliverable service contracts. Be engaged with your customers. Implement business process modeling before you write a contract.

Mar 9, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

This is not the typical Insight experience at all. It sounds like you might have inherited a bad project and was unable to rescue it. We're very sorry that your experience was unpleasant. If there is... More

"Partner Champion"

Current Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Occasionally Free lunches from Partners
    - Requires a ticket based on which stadium you work in.

Cons

Low Pay
    Incompetent management
    Promotions based on how much you suck up as opposed to talent or results
    Horrendous Benefits
    Excpetions for which employees can work for partners.
    Non-Compete forces you out of indusry

Advice to Management

Talk to employees on the floor not the incompetent management who tell you what they think you want to hear rather than what needs to be changed.

Jan 4, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for the feedback. Regarding pay, we do review and adjust our compensation levels across roles and regions to ensure they are competitive. We strive to ensure we are positioned well to... More

"sprawling"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Our consultancy in Watertown was purchased by Insight last year. The Insight employees I've met are generally very nice people to work with.

Cons

The consultancy itself had a toxic workplace problem which Insight were not aware of, add to this the problems with merging and you have a difficult situation. Management at the consultancy were not let go though there have been considerable reported HR issues with them, and this has forced most employees to leave. Insights benefits are generally not competitive.

Feb 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for your feedback - we have shared it with your HRBP and will address accordingly. If you want to help address the specific concerns you have, please contact us at... More

"Very un-professional"

Former Employee - Network Operations in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Network Operations in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hires entry level for tech jobs, free food occassionally, events were coordinated.

Cons

Favors sales people over network team.
    Goes against promises
    Unfair wages and taking advantage of employees
    Using scare tactics against employees

Advice to Management

I was hired at a higher pay scale because i was on a special project. After promised in orientation amd after the project that I would keep my pay, I was then pulled aside to be told they were cutting it. I stood up for myself and received a performance improvement plan to keep my pay. After i exceeded expectations, I was treated like garbage from management and was written up multiple times for many simple and common mistakes and was never given an oppurtunity to fix them. I was written up for mistakes I made while in training. I went on vacation, and had a 55 dollat tax levy because I forgot to pay my tax, and Insight screwed it up so my whole check is gone. Almost two weeks without pay, ruined my vacation. I then come back from vacation to get pulled in an office to gey fired.

My advice to managment: restructure your higher up management to not be so greedy to the point of ruining peoples lives. This place makes me sick.

Nov 3, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We feel strongly that this is not the type of work environment we foster. If there is specifics, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com.

"I would never suggest for anyone to work at Insight"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Some of the people are cool depending on what team you are on.
    -Work/life balance.
    -401K match

Cons

-Demotivating work environment.
    -Poor leadership throughout all departments of the company all stemming from C-level
    -Poor training across all departments
    -Terrible benefits ($$$)
    -Pay is FAR below industry average across all departments (Glassdoor salaries don't lie)
    -Company culture is Hunger, Heart, Harmony which is the opposite of how Insight runs in every way possible.

Advice to Management

Come up with a plan and stick to it. Do not keep people around just because they have been there for 10+ years, you are only hurting yourselves as a company in the long run. Hire managers who actually want to "manage" people as well as help them develop.

Pay your employees at least industry average or more.

Put more emphasis on new employees walking in the door of how they can help Insight grow - stop demotivating due to age.

Nov 3, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We don't want this experience for anyone at Insight. Sorry yours was not optimal. Please let us know any specifics and email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com.

"Not Family Friendly"

Former Contractor - Information Technology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Information Technology Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Insight as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They'll get you lots of overtime, pay mileage, well organized in deployment. Great at calling you with any complaints, even personal issues.

Cons

They will not let you take time off for childrens graduation, sick or dying relatives, training. They're are always late in getting you your deployment packet; this usually gives you one evening to disseminate hundreds of pages of procedures.

Advice to Management

The only thing saving your company is the H1B visa.

Nov 8, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your contract assignment at Insight was seemingly so busy that you felt you could not take time off. This is certainly not typical of our culture... More

"IT services teams are led by weak leadership who blame others for their shortcomings."

Former Employee - Senior IT Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior IT Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to new technology from vendors who use insight. Bonuses are quarterly. Lots of in company training. Vendors bring in breakfasts often.

Cons

Many. Leadership in the managed services division is awful from the VPs and directors. They will lie to you on hiring in and then avoid that discussion all together. In manager meetings, defending against litigation is discussed regularly. I was shocked to learn this. And now I know why. Insight does not treat their employees well and they treat those who leave even worse. Read the legal documents upon hiring. That ought to give you an idea.

Advice to Management

Clean out the VPs and directors who don't take care of their staff or enable them to succeed.

Oct 18, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

On going training and continued professional development are very important to us. Over the last few years, we have created additional leadership training programs and opportunities for sales, sales... More