Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 22 reviews)

• There was no work life balance and although the word was thrown around sometimes, it was always lip service (in 9 reviews)

"6 years in and still happy"

Current Employee - Global Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Global Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance in addition to supportive culture

Cons

frequent changes to mid level managers.

Jun 29, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're very happy to hear that you have great work/life balance. We couldn't agree more, with programs like the In It Together Foundation, Insight has a very supportive culture. Thank you for your... More

"Growing pains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The seasoned people are the best professionals around. Lots of training to keep you up to date on the latest and greatest.

Cons

The recent change in management has been short of inspiring. The Management has hired most of their former employees and friends which seem to have left a negative vibration across the floor. The atmosphere is mimicking what they left which seems to be not a very encouraging one for success unless you are in the circle of management friends. Its not one size fits all. They've brought a black cloud to what was an enjoyable family unit.
    The headquarters has the best client accounts, certain managers seem to be ok if AEs only make less than 20calls per day which is unacceptable for a typical sales floor. Not a place I'd recommend professional sales people to work at. Not the best healthcare and dental package. Bonus structure changes frequently.
    This WAS a great place to thrive.

Advice to Management

Management should not be allowed to hire your former employees.

3. "recuiter"

Pros

it was fun and i liked the people

Cons

not enough pay for me

Advice to Management

none

"Great company and great team"

Current Employee - Markteting in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Markteting in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lifting up employees with potential
    Allowing for a self starting environment
    Marketing team has a great culture and our leadership is always looking for great ways to grow.

Cons

It is pretty far from my house

"Great company - Experience is mostly dependent on direct manager"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company is healthy, and is expanding by acquisition.
    - Virtual teams allows for flexibility of work hours and work from home. Good work/life balance.

Cons

- Employee perks are shrinking, as with most public companies.
    - Brain drain, as top performers look for places they will get recognized and compensated for the value they are bringing.
    - Sales Training is non-existent or ineffective. Top performers are successful due to past experience. Average and underperformers are given no coaching or training to drive improvement.

Advice to Management

- The sales people need to have their sales calls shadowed on occasion to get feedback.
    - Find your top performers, and ask them what will make them want to stick around.

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you have found good work/life balance. Regarding training programs, continual learning and professional development is very important to us. In... More

"Senior Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mid-level and Executive Management are hands-off as long as you are performing above average. Must be self-driven and have the ability to travel and work from home. Most people in my position do not need to be micro-managed as we are all self-driven and coin-operated.

Cons

Compared to competition: Commission percentage is in line with competition IF you exceed quota , BUT considerably lower if you do not hit quota. Sliding payscale based on quota. Management applies annual quota increase even if you closed one time larger deals in prior year (Example: close $10M 3-Year Oracle deal in 2016, but 2017 quota is $10M++ makes no sense and is not fair)

Advice to Management

Need to protect top salespeople from a pay standpoint. Make sure top sales people do not leave because of competition paying more. Introduce a much larger base salary to retain top sales people.

Jun 29, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Great insight and we appreciate your review. Regarding pay, w e do review and adjust our compensation levels across roles and geographies to ensure they are competitive. We strive to ensure we are... More

7. "Warehouse Associate"

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Good Overtime throught the year

Cons

Overtime goes down in winter time

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Glad you were able to find overtime when you needed it most. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best.

8. "Inside Sales Managr"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company values and good working environment

Cons

Needs a more strategic approach to marketing to the SMB market

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We agree, our teammates live our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. This then creates an amazing culture and work environment. Thank you for recognizing this. Regarding a stronger SMB approach... More

"Insight employment"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I cant think of any. Way too top heavy with management. if you have no life outside of work this may be a good fit.

Cons

Poor processes. Expect a 10 to 12 hour work day.

Advice to Management

Consider that your employees have a life also. Not always about the bottom line. What happened to companies that care?

"Glorified Data Entry Position"

Former Employee - Sales Solutions Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Solutions Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's really easy work. Everyone seems to think it's rocket science though. Your paycheck is on time. The company does have a vision. You can contribute to helping employees in need, so there's a great amount of generosity. There's a nurse on site. So you don't have to take time off work to go to the doctor. There's a cafeteria. Vendors are always bringing in food and freebies. Most people are friendly. It is really a fun atmosphere. You can bring your dog to work once a quarter.

Cons

- It's funny watching the women walk around here looking like they are going to a club. They think it's because they look professional. You don't work that professional of a job, and stiletto's with short skirts is never professional attire. And just because your wearing your clubbing outfit, doesn't mean you're better than everyone else.
    - Most managers are really cool. However, some will call you out in front of the whole building!
    - Don't call out of work, they will shun you for a few days.
    - Nobody is paid the same and most people's skill sets, are extremely underutilized.
    - You only get paid well if you come from a competitor.
    - There is certainly some discrimination among employees. It's kind of like being in high school again, you have to belong to a click.
    - The employees that suck up the most, get the most.
    - You only get bonuses if you're in sales.
    - Insurance sucks. Only have options of deductible plans. $3000 and $6000.
    - No stock options.
    - Cannot take time off during the end of the quarter. None... 0... unless you're dead.

Advice to Management

This is a hard one. It's really a cool place to work. If half of the people didn't work here. Most managers are awesome. Maybe just see the skill sets your working with and use it to your advantage. AND, if you're going to bust one person on something, you should ensure you do that to everyone. I left because of the favoritism in the IPS department.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for recognizing our positive culture, atmosphere, teammates and vision. In fact the majority of teammates recommend Insight as a place to work. As for taking time off at the end of the... More