Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 6, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 23 reviews)

• Very low pay led to very talented techs leaving for better positions, while Insight wouldn't even consider trying to match (in 17 reviews)

"Senior Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mid-level and Executive Management are hands-off as long as you are performing above average. Must be self-driven and have the ability to travel and work from home. Most people in my position do not need to be micro-managed as we are all self-driven and coin-operated.

Cons

Compared to competition: Commission percentage is in line with competition IF you exceed quota , BUT considerably lower if you do not hit quota. Sliding payscale based on quota. Management applies annual quota increase even if you closed one time larger deals in prior year (Example: close $10M 3-Year Oracle deal in 2016, but 2017 quota is $10M++ makes no sense and is not fair)

Advice to Management

Need to protect top salespeople from a pay standpoint. Make sure top sales people do not leave because of competition paying more. Introduce a much larger base salary to retain top sales people.

Jun 29, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Great insight and we appreciate your review. Regarding pay, w e do review and adjust our compensation levels across roles and geographies to ensure they are competitive. We strive to ensure we are... More

2. "Warehouse Associate"

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Good Overtime throught the year

Cons

Overtime goes down in winter time

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Glad you were able to find overtime when you needed it most. Thank you for your review and we wish you the best.

"Glorified Data Entry Position"

Former Employee - Sales Solutions Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Solutions Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's really easy work. Everyone seems to think it's rocket science though. Your paycheck is on time. The company does have a vision. You can contribute to helping employees in need, so there's a great amount of generosity. There's a nurse on site. So you don't have to take time off work to go to the doctor. There's a cafeteria. Vendors are always bringing in food and freebies. Most people are friendly. It is really a fun atmosphere. You can bring your dog to work once a quarter.

Cons

- It's funny watching the women walk around here looking like they are going to a club. They think it's because they look professional. You don't work that professional of a job, and stiletto's with short skirts is never professional attire. And just because your wearing your clubbing outfit, doesn't mean you're better than everyone else.
    - Most managers are really cool. However, some will call you out in front of the whole building!
    - Don't call out of work, they will shun you for a few days.
    - Nobody is paid the same and most people's skill sets, are extremely underutilized.
    - You only get paid well if you come from a competitor.
    - There is certainly some discrimination among employees. It's kind of like being in high school again, you have to belong to a click.
    - The employees that suck up the most, get the most.
    - You only get bonuses if you're in sales.
    - Insurance sucks. Only have options of deductible plans. $3000 and $6000.
    - No stock options.
    - Cannot take time off during the end of the quarter. None... 0... unless you're dead.

Advice to Management

This is a hard one. It's really a cool place to work. If half of the people didn't work here. Most managers are awesome. Maybe just see the skill sets your working with and use it to your advantage. AND, if you're going to bust one person on something, you should ensure you do that to everyone. I left because of the favoritism in the IPS department.

Jul 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for recognizing our positive culture, atmosphere, teammates and vision. In fact the majority of teammates recommend Insight as a place to work. As for taking time off at the end of the... More

"Insight employment"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I cant think of any. Way too top heavy with management. if you have no life outside of work this may be a good fit.

Cons

Poor processes. Expect a 10 to 12 hour work day.

Advice to Management

Consider that your employees have a life also. Not always about the bottom line. What happened to companies that care?

5. "Inside Sales Managr"

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company values and good working environment

Cons

Needs a more strategic approach to marketing to the SMB market

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We agree, our teammates live our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony. This then creates an amazing culture and work environment. Thank you for recognizing this. Regarding a stronger SMB approach... More

"pre-sales SA"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Solutions Architect in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Life work balance is great, very good management for my division

Cons

The Benefits can be improved ......

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're happy to hear work/life balance is good! Also, great management helps the team thrive. Thank you for this feedback. Regarding our benefits, have a Health Savings Account that Insight... More

"Don't care about customers or employees just their bonuses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunity if your willing to be underpaid

Cons

Company lies about you pay compared in the market with fake studies. They find ways to rate you as "underachieving" . Manager even identified that having more than one person rated as achieving would require an essay about why more than one per group is possible. If your not a yes person you cant get an appropriate raise. They even find ways to get out of contractual annual raises.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and stop lining your pockets. Your employees are the reason you have customers!!

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We're sorry you had this experience at Insight. We want everyone to have a positive experience here. We appreciate your feedback and if you want to discuss this further, please email us at... More

"Co-Workers"

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Great Atmosphere, really responsive, great co-workers and smart people to work with. Great Benefits. Work hard and get noticed for all your efforts.

Cons

None at the moment. Will add if there is in the future.

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We love this feedback! Yes, working with amazing teammates makes work life happier. Also, glad to hear that the benefits are great! Our team works hard to make sure they work for everyone. Thank you... More

"Work in operations"

Current Employee - Work In Operations in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Work In Operations in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company historically, there are some processes but some a re very outdated.

Cons

Very outdated environment and management, no way to grow.

Advice to Management

It's a shame how you can be VAR and solutions provider. If clients knew how Insight manages their orders and how slow Insight is and how many unprofessional people work there nobody would do business with Insight. It is just very old and unprofessional environment.

Jul 20, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We do not want you unhappy at work. Please reach out to your HRBP and together you can find ways to improve your situation.

"Boys club"

Former Employee - Business Development in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, most people were friendly, lenient vacation time

Cons

Despite having won awards for women in tech, advancement and development is reserved for the male employees. Employees who have been with the company for 20+ years get away with serious HR misconduct and inappropriate comments. Communication is seriously lacking when it comes to manager/employee conversations. Marketing team has no urgency or guidance due to inadequate leaders.

Advice to Management

Recognize hard work better. Open communication lines when it comes to serious issues. Value loyalty over monetary gain.