Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight Reviews

Updated February 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work/life balance is exceptional depending on dept (in 19 reviews)

• This place is a good place to start your career (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No long term vision from upper management (in 21 reviews)

• s a high premium, high deductible, low coverage HSA (in 13 reviews)

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management, product and technical services

Cons

high demand for technical services

Advice to Management

Keep adding A players

Jul 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We will continue to add talented teammates to Insight. Glad to have you part of the team!

"HR"

Pros

Flexible Schedule is really great

Cons

Things at Insight are always changing

Aug 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Glad you are able to take advantage of a flexible schedule! While it can feel that objectives are changing, we are very strategic about change. Additionally, we hope that Inside.Insight is a great ... More

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is great and people are awesome. Partners bring in free food and treats for employees every few weeks so beware of the Insight 15. :) The overall company lives by the three main values: hunger, heart, and harmony. You are also surrounded by some of the smartest and most hard working people ever. Great culture!

Cons

Lately, there have been some cuts to help save money. (But I guess it's better to make cuts than layoffs.) The 401k package is dreadful. The vacation package is something from the stone ages and definitely not competitive.

Advice to Management

The benefits need an overhaul if you want great talent sticking around for the long haul.

Aug 30, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Yes, our values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony runs through all teammates. We offer vacation, holiday and sick time to help with work/life balance. Our 401K plan has great options for those who want ... More

"medical coder"

Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Bellflower, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Medical Coder in Bellflower, CA

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, growing, excellent organization.

Cons

On Sepulveda blvd. LAX bad traffic.

Advice to Management

Great Manager.

Aug 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Thank you for the review! Glad you are finding Insight a great place to grow your career. Keep up the amazing work.

"Hunger Heart and Harmony"

Pros

The project I was on they allowed many people to have a flexible work life balance.

Cons

Project/Program Management Office needs to work on their Hunger, Heart and Harmony. As well as project stability. Understood that a project needs to start by storming, but there comes a time it needs to become norming (stable) and the project I was on never got to stable.

Advice to Management

Project Management Office needs to remember the company motto Hunger, Heart and Harmony.

Aug 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We wish you had a better experience with our Project Management Office. While we feel strongly this is not the norm, if there is something specific we should address, please email us at ... More

"Great Place To Get IT Sales Training"

Pros

They hire almost anyone for sales with or without sales experience. You do not need a background in computers they will teach you everything that you need to know.

Cons

Everyone thinks its not their job pass it to this person and it keeps getting passed and nobody does anything. They hire the good ol boys for management and if you are not part of the Good Ol Boy club you fall into the sheep category according to middle management. HR says the Good Ol Boy Club has been a problem for years and they just dont see that changing sorry. Exact words expressed to me :-)

Advice to Management

Hire those based on their ability to do the job. Hopefully a person with a proven sales performance within your own company. Hire someone for management that has actually done the job.

Aug 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

While the number one way to find a job is through a referral, at Insight we treat all candidates the same. For each role we review performance and experience. We are in the process of re-defining ... More

"SALES REP"

Current Employee - Global Account Executive in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Global Account Executive in Conway, AR

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are at the center of corporate decisions. Policies make sense. Employees have unlimited sick days. Friendly sales, operations, and HR teams. Very nice and clean facility with gym and onsite lunch vendors daily at Conway, AR facility. Upper management is very friendly and engaged.

Cons

Health benefits could be better. HSA card is provided to each employee with $500 loaded so this does help to offset some of the high health care costs.

Jul 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying Insight. We value our teammates across the country. Welcome to the team! Thank you for your review and taking time to write one. We wish you continued ... More

"Africa..."

Former Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Partner Champion in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight (More than a year)

Pros

Often times, I have compared Insight to Africa.
    Africa is one of the largest continents in the world. Insight is one of the largest VARs in the world
    Like Africa, Insight has vast amount of natural resources... However, Africa is filled with a vast jungle of rainforest. Lots of the paths are covered and often times, there is not an easy way to get from point A to point B....The compensation is average... The path to career growth is average...Many use Insight as a stepping stone to get into a better spot with a different company...

Cons

New hire sales training is a joke. The company actively recruits individuals who work for other resellers, like CDW because CDW has such a good new hire training program There is no accountability (Hi, marketing)
    Nobody uses Salesforce CRM. Everyone keeps individual spreadsheets and files of accounts...No collaboration between internal teams and channel partners... No continuity within the sales focus... I found the culture to be extremely laid back and I observed lots of apathy from within my peer group....
    THERE IS A SEVERE LACK OF LEADERSHIP HERE.... too many chiefs, not enough Indians... LOTS OF FUNDAMENTAL PROBLEMS that are preventing revenue growth

Advice to Management

Stop looking for sales leaders outside the organization and start promoting from within!
    Start holding employees - management and inside sales reps accountable
    Create standards and practices for the entire company. Set realistic expectations with marketing. Fix what is broken and stop filtering the cash cache towards superflous marketing campaigns.

Aug 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We are disappointed to hear this experience with Insight. If you would like to discuss anything specific, please email us at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com. We hope that your next venture is a ... More

"Inside sales"

Pros

Competitive wages, excellent benefits, positive work environment. Frequent opportunities to win money and prizes.

Cons

The only downfall to working here is that it is a 35minute drive from where I live.

Jul 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

We love hearing you are enjoying life at Insight. Thank you for you review and we wish you continued success!

"Just moved over to Insight - amazing experience so far!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Leadership team
    - Company agility
    - Competitive salary

Cons

- Massive number of competitors
    - Complicated portfolio of products
    - Steep learning curve

Advice to Management

Truly embrace the values! Hunger, Heart, & Harmony!

Jul 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Leader

Welcome to the Insight team! We are happy to have you as a teammate and glad to hear that you finding success with our leadership team and competitive pay. Yes, there is a lot to learn at Insight ... More