Insight Sourcing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Beaty

1. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, responsibility, exposure, balance. The people here are crazy smart yet have a ton of fun.

Cons

Not as well known as the bigger consulting firms, but is growing very quickly.

2. "Truly one of a kind consulting firm"

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most people don't believe you can have work-life balance, a collaborative environment and a vibrant culture in the challenging and competitive field of consulting, but ISG manages to do just that while maintaining a rapid growth rate and an impressive client roster. It all starts with the ISG leadership team which is accessible and truly cares about the happiness and long-term success of each employee. Many reviews cite the incredible team events and office perks, but what's more important is the opportunity to truly make an impact in a constantly evolving firm.

Cons

If your dream is to have a hotel receptionist know your name, ISG may not be for you - the "smart travel model" typically limits travel to key meetings and presentations. Also, if you want to be buried in a massive "team" then ISG is a bad choice - you'll be expected to contribute from day one.

3. "The grass is greener at ISG"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked at ISG for several years in the consulting practice and continue to be highly satisfied with the experience. Client work is challenging and supports the opportunity to learn and grow through more complex projects, as well as considerable interaction with ISG's senior leaders. The environment is very collaborative and as a result, advancement is based on individual merit, not a bell curve or up or out mentality. Leadership is strong, with the President continuing to innovate and develop the business while still maintaining the foundation needed to support our growth. Team culture is second to none - you feel it when you walk in the door. Talented people and a 'no jerks' policy makes for a fun place to be. Work/life balance is real, with routine surveys to monitor burnout and more importantly, realistic expectations are set of what can be accomplished (so ghosting of hours doesn't occur either). As a recent new parent, I really value the flexibility they've given me. Overall, I'm very happy with the company and its growth, my ability to elevate in the organization and the opportunity to work with such a strong group of colleagues (many of whom I call friends).

Cons

We are a growing firm with an entrepreneurial spirit so not everything is as formalized as it probably is at a large firm. For instance, IP is not documented as well as it could be.

5. "Great firm, awesome culture, great clients."

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group full-time

Pros

I have worked at one of the big consulting firms and ISG is such a refreshing change. No politics and a true merit-based environment. It is hard to describe how great it is to work for a firm where the leadership's primary goals are to deliver great results for clients, to be the best at what they do, and to create a great environment for its people. Work-life balance is a real deal priority. ISG has by far the best team I have ever worked with-- smart yet humble, ambitious but collaborative.

Cons

As with most client service organizations, the work can be intense at times.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture as we grow (the firm is growing over 25% a year).

6. "Best decision I've ever made"

Current Employee - Associate in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ISG excels at pushing you to your limits. There's is not a week that goes by where I don't feel like I'm growing.

Cons

Location is not the best. Sourcing in and of itself is not the best. But the colleagues and challenges make it worth it.

7. "Great Place To Work"

I worked at Insight Sourcing Group full-time

Pros

Great culture
    Collegial atmosphere
    High expectations
    Intelligent and hard-working team

Cons

Limited focus (procurement)
    Steep learning curve
    Occasional close-minded mentality seen among tenured staff

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage diversity in thought from tenured managers

8. "Associate"

I worked at Insight Sourcing Group full-time

Pros

Great culture - fun activities, parties, and happy hours. Good hours. Interesting work. Management of company is very open about performance of the firm. Well thought-out feedback.

Cons

The firm is located in Norcross, and it takes approximately 30-45 min to get there and back if you live within the city (Buckhead, Highlands, etc.).

9. "Great company with strong future"

Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ISG offers an alternative model for those interested in joining the world of business consulting. Rather than carrying your laptop with you across the country to stare at it, ISG allows their employees to work remotely for their clients, from the ISG office in Norcross. The leadership is innovative and the company culture is unparalleled.

Cons

Work is all but exclusively focused on procurement and sourcing (as the name would imply). 45 - 60 hour work weeks are the norm, and upward advancement is challenging with the current review cycles.

Advice to Management

Continue to evaluate alternative service offerings, outside of traditional sourcing and procurement work.

"Small, entrepreneurial firm that drives big results for some of the best companies in the world"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Insight Sourcing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fast-paced, collegial environment coupled with challenging and meaningful work makes ISG the best place I've worked period. There is an amazing amount of intelligence and passion in this boutique firm which make me excited to see where the journey takes us!

Cons

Continue to be creative and innovative in finding ways to limit travel. The smart travel model works (~25% travel on average) but travel can get heavy at times.

Advice to Management

The journey has only just begun, continue to build and grow in a way that provides opportunity to the endless intellectual curiosity available at the firm.

11. "Great company, but be prepared to work (and have fun)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Insight Sourcing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture - everyone works hard, and sometimes the hours are long, but the company also emphasizes the importance of having fun and work/life balance
    Recruiting - strong emphasis on hiring people who are both qualified and a good fit for the culture. There are a lot of really smart people, though, surprisingly, egos rarely get in the way
    Career growth and advancement - ISG expects people to advance within the organization and provides plenty of opportunities to tackle new challenges or take on more responsibility. They also have a well defined and consistently followed career development program that every employee takes part in

Cons

Because the company will not sacrifice its recruiting standards, they can't simply add more people when the workload gets really heavy. As a result, there are periods when everyone has to work late. Because of the great atmosphere, however, and management's genuine concern for the employees, it's bearable.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on hiring the right people for the culture