Insignia Technology Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Fred O'Brien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Project Analyst"

I have been working at Insignia Technology Services full-time

Pros

I am given an abundance of opportunities to learn from each and every day. The employees are more than willing to extend a helping hand whenever you need it, allowing you to grow into a well rounded professional.

Cons

The company is spread out across the country, so communication can be lost at times. I do not categorize this as a total con however, because it teaches you to be assertive and make sure you are asking the right questions.

"Unhealthy/Unprofessional Work Environment"

I worked at Insignia Technology Services full-time

Pros

The employees and team driven people. Most are very friendly and helpful.

Cons

The management team in unorganized and unprofessional. The CEO talks down to the employees and is an overall negative person. Prior to accepting a position with Insignia, I reviewed the reviews on here and on glassdoor.com In fact, during my interview, I asked why the reviews were so low and was it true that the company had an extremely high turn over rate. I was assured that the company was a great place to work and that people were only laid off when a contract ended. After accepting the position with Insignia, all of the negative reviews were 100% correct. During my very first day, I could hear the President and CEO of the company literally yelling and cursing employees out during a meeting. During the weeks to come, that behavior continued. He would curse, belittle and almost bully the employees. Within 2 weeks I heard people being laid off because "they wasn't a value add" or had been hired prematurely and there was simply no work for them to do. After only4 weeks of being employed, I overheard the CEO loudly referencing me and the fact that I needed to be laid off. I was hired and offered the opportunity to do one job and when I arrived, that was a complete lie. I was bounced from task to task, never trained on anything and not once did I touch anything related to what the offer letter stated. I would NEVER refer anyone to apply or work with this company.

3. "Great company, good people with good values"

Current Employee - Educational Technologist in Deland, FL
    Current Employee - Educational Technologist in Deland, FL

I have been working at Insignia Technology Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Insignia for over 2 years on various contracts. I feel the company values their employees more than most. Insignia helps you achieve your career goals through professional development.
    My time here has been great and I look forward to many more years.

Cons

Most of the work here is contract work, which in itself is not bad but when a contract reaches its end, if work has not been awarded good people may have to be let go.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

4. "People first"

Pros

Good holiday parties and special events in home offices

Cons

Poor morale for folks at remote sites

Advice to Management

Keep people first they are your most important asset

5. "Place to Work"

I have been working at Insignia Technology Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated and hard working teams. Cross-training and career building. They are interested in your short and long term goals and help with achieving them.

Cons

Not a negative of the company but contract life in general can be difficult to see folks leave.

6. "Thriving Company with Ample Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Pros

Company is thriving and providing lots of opportunity for its employees to grow and define their own career path. As with most government contracting firms there are ups and downs with workload. However, the company takes great strides to protect its employee's as much as possible. The company is continuing to grow and diversify with strategic goals in mind.

Cons

As with all companies, depending on what your position is the work life balance a little challenging. Though this is normally just for short periods of time and they are otherwise flexible.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus of your most valuable asset - your team.

"Good people to work with, questionable leadership"

I worked at Insignia Technology Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees were great to work with, supervisors and middle management really seemed to care for employees and their development. Though senior staff interaction with employees was limited, they were easy to work with. The work is contract work, so it changed frequently, but was always challenging and interesting.

Cons

Contract work by it's very nature is unstable, which is a negative. Contract work with poor leadership is even worse. Senior management often displayed aggressive, some would even say bullying, tactics with employees and customers. Customers almost inevitably enjoyed working with employees and middle management, but loathed senior leadership. Leadership attempted to micromanage everything, usurping supervisors at every turn. Guidance was very inconsistent, changing daily and the employees bore the brunt of never meeting the constantly changing expectations, creating a very stressful and negative atmosphere. Future business outlook seems to be trending downward due to focusing on a single customer, and poor management of that relationship.

Advice to Management

Slow down and listen to others... they often have valid opinions that never seem to be heard. Stop micromanaging, let your team do their job and empower them to do it as they see fit. Understand others can and should deal with customers because in most instances they are able to maintain a more positive relationship.

8. "Grateful for the Opportunity"

I worked at Insignia Technology Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The potential to learn and grow are limitless! The company employees are very skilled and knowledgeable which makes reach back and team work successful. Hard work is recognized, and appreciated. Colleagues become like an extended family.

Cons

Yes, there are challenges that you face working at Insignia, but that is true of any employer. The cons and the challenges are only opportunities in disguise. Luckily for the organization the staff really values the idea of continually improving the organization and frequently look for ways to make the company run smoother and the employees lives easier.
    When all else fails, laughter truly is the best medicine - laugh off the cons and focus on the opportunities.

Advice to Management

Thank you for believing in me. Please keep the company mission, vision and values at the forefront and keep believing in your people.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Tester in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Tester in Newport News, VA

Pros

Advancement opportunities. Encourage self-improvement through education. Not only for the company, but for the individual.

Cons

Nothing I can report for cons.

10. "The perils of being a smaller business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I worked at Insignia Technology Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people - both coworkers and management.
    Generous professional development benefit.
    Very flexible about telecommuting.

Cons

Because they rely on Federal contracts for their business, they are vulnerable to budget decisions made in the government. Because they are a small business, financial problems hit them harder than they would a large corporation.

Advice to Management

It's a catch-22. I love small businesses, because I feel that the group cohesion and the fact that most people know each other is an invaluable asset - in accomplishing the mission, and in internal company matters. However, a small business will generally lack some of the stability and security of a mega-corporation. There may not be a way to have the benefits of being a small business along with some of the benefits of being a major corporation. I do hope Insignia is able to turn things around and come out ahead again - for me personally, it was a great place to work.