Inspectorate Chemist Reviews | Glassdoor

Inspectorate Chemist Reviews

Updated 29 de Jul 2019

Found 5 reviews

2.4
Inspectorate CEO Didier Michaud-Daniel (no image)
Didier Michaud-Daniel

"Fun and interesting work but grueling work hours and relatively low pay (somewhat compensated by the overtime)"

Former Employee - Chemist in Martinez, CA

I worked at Inspectorate full-time for more than a year

Pros

The small offices within a large company allow for an interesting dynamic. Each office feels like a small entity that is close knit while still having the stability of an international corporation. The work was varied and a good experience builder.

Cons

The oil industry never sleeps, and neither do it's workers. Long shifts, on-call requirements and quick results all add to a the stress level.

Inspectorate2012-09-19
  2. "Not a very good work environment"

Former Employee - Chemist

I worked at Inspectorate full-time

Pros

You aren't unemployed. That is the only positive.

Cons

This place is a mad house. Management is horrible . If you worked with them in the past, you are great. If not you won't see pay increases, promotions, or fairness. The people that work here aren't too normal. They found the worst of the worst and mixed them in with hard workers so balance doesn't exist here. Let this place be your last resort.

Advice to Management

Quit. You all are awful.

Inspectorate2019-07-24
  3. "Gotta love inspectorate"

Former Employee - Chemist in Witham, England

I worked at Inspectorate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

To be fair, it is a good starting point for young people. I was lucky enough to gain a lot of varied training which really helps and looks good on the CV and for that I am grateful. I also made some great friends there. *Free coffee *Lot's of cake

Cons

*The management is appalling, and it didn't change in the 4.5 years I was there. *The lab is always understaffed and the quality of staff is really going down hill, due to management just wanting to increase numbers. *They do not look after their employees, they over work them and expect too much from them. *Expect your shifts to change regularly, and if you don't vote for what they want, you'll be punished for... it. *Poorly paid *There is a lot of bullying, from employers and employees *In regards to progression, do not expect your hard work and loyalty to be recognized or appreciated. A lesser qualified, less experienced "child" will more likely get the role of "team leader" than you, especially if they turn on the tears. Have no fear though, this won't bother you after a while, as you will feel dead inside.

Advice to Management

Value your company and your employees.

Inspectorate2019-07-29
  4. "Good company to start"

Current Employee - Analytical Chemist in Klaipėda

I have been working at Inspectorate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible time planning. Friendly management.

Cons

Low salary. Often do not know when the work will start and end.

Inspectorate2019-03-22
  5. "Chemist"

Former Employee - Chemist in Antwerp

I worked at Inspectorate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at the Antwerp site you will learn all the tools of any lab in the business. I didn't know that at the time, but trust me, it has been and still is one of the strongest assets on my CV. Working there is very demanding, but if you have the mindset of going forward, this will make the difference. Also the teamspirit is unseen. Amazing if you like a real drive ! If you bite the bullet you will get skills... in a couple of years that will glow on your CV forever. You might find what you like, here are endless possibilities !

Cons

When I was working there (2011), seriously underpaid. BUT the experience/skills/etc.....you will get there backs it up BIGTIME. This one will stick on your CV for life. So for those like me who love to bite the bullet !!!

Advice to Management

Real vision ! Upgrade your CHEMISTS ! They are what runs your business ! Flat management - everyone same benefits

Inspectorate2015-09-18