Inspectorate Reviews | Glassdoor

Inspectorate Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2019

Found 43 reviews

2.6
Inspectorate CEO Didier Michaud-Daniel (no image)
Didier Michaud-Daniel
  1. "Great Company"

Shift Supervisor in Port Neches, TX

I worked at Inspectorate

Pros

Great place to work and the people are really friendly.

Cons

Biggest problem is that there is no training program in place but that can be solved.

Advice to Management

If you offer someone a promotion follow through instead of holding over said employee.

Inspectorate2016-02-05

"if you want family time don't work here"

I have been working at Inspectorate

Pros

Lots of OT so you make a lot of money. Phone expensing y food expensing.

Cons

No life, hectic environment, you will be here more than in your own home. No days off

Inspectorate2015-10-20

"Poorly Managed Laboratory"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Inspectorate full-time for less than a year

Pros

This laboratory is brand new, so you have room working in their spacious new facility. You will also obtain a ridiculous amount of overtime at this job. If you have no life, family, hobbies, or ambitions outside of work, than this is the place for you as you will spend every waking hour at this lab working even when you are not on call...you also get experience working on call 24-7.

Cons

After my first day I saw numerous red flags which caused me to contact another job I turned down earlier to accept their job offer, which they accepted and I am currently with thank GOODNESS. The first red flag I realized was that they had ZERO experienced employees. All their techs have all quit due to issues in the lab. The second red flag was the visiting lab techs from other corporate offices who helped us... move from the old lab to the new lab directly told me this particular lab was horribly managed and as a result a disaster. When I see no happy employees, lab turnover so high that they cannot keep even keep bodies in the lab, and a chain smoking manager who doesnt know when to just go home, I know that this is not a healthy place to work. This lab was the most poorly managed place I have ever seen.....Out of any company I have ever worked for....When you work on-call, or not, you will be expected to work 12-15 hours a day even when it is not necessary. Just remember when you go there for an interview...Look around in the lab..actually talk to the lab techs when the manager is not around and ask how long they have been there and how many hours a week they average when they are on call and not on call....that is if there are any lab techs left. When I left there was one tech left who already put in his notice to quit due to the ridiculous amount of stress and hours placed on him in the lab. Also, this lab needs 4-5 lab techs working on two shifts like every other Inspectorate lab in the United States, not 1 lab tech working 12-15 hours a day 7 days a week. My last day of work, after working 13 hours, the manager stated that she was missing her 7 year old sons birthday AGAIN due to the demands of work...That is horrible, and who would want to work in a lab where that sort of work ethic is expected.

Advice to Management

Hire 5 techs all at once and train them all. There seems to be no sense of urgency to bring in people which blows my mind. Bring in 3-4 experienced techs from other labs and have them work there while the new employees are being trained to keep the stress low. Also have senior management interview the lab techs after they work in this lab to get their opinions on how well this lab is managed. For a multi-billion... dollar corporation this lab is an embarrassment.

Inspectorate2015-08-24
  4. "Petrochemical Inspector"

I have been working at Inspectorate full-time

Pros

Real easy laid back job, takes a little while to catch on

Cons

lots of hours, 24 hours on call.

Inspectorate2015-07-20

"Coworkers are great. But management needs work."

Administrative Assistant in Corpus Christi, TX

I have been working at Inspectorate

Pros

Set hours. Great coworkers. Okay benefits. There are always other offices you can transfer to if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

Management needs lots of work. Issues are never resolved. HR needs to take discrimination complaints much more seriously.

Advice to Management

Same as cons

Inspectorate2015-08-21
  6. "The Grass Isn't Always Greener"

Metals & Minerals Inspector in Marrero, LA

I worked at Inspectorate for more than 3 years

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hour work week

Cons

Guaranteed 40 hour work week. No Overtime. Poor Management. No C.O,L,A, No Yearly/Holiday bonuses. Uniforms. Poor Communication.

Advice to Management

Try to better appreciate work staff.

Inspectorate2015-08-10
  7. "Good Company"

Inspector in Port Arthur, TX

I have been working at Inspectorate for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, nice people, good training, company provides plenty of equipment and uniforms, company listens to employees and keeps inspectors busy, plenty of yearly bonuses

Cons

Can be on-call and work back to back jobs pushing through more than 24 hours

Advice to Management

Get more trailers in more facilities to help inspectors

Inspectorate2015-05-19
  8. "Day after Day"

I have been working at Inspectorate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company stands behind their employees decisions.

Cons

Pay appears to be Below industry standards

Advice to Management

Notice the people that excel at their job. Promote from within

Inspectorate2015-03-19
  9. "Non-ethical and extremely bias"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Inspectorate full-time

Pros

None since acquired by Bureau Veritas

Cons

Zero loyalty towards employees, low salary, extremely political - do not attempt to work for this company unless you are a good politician. President has his inner circle of incompetent VP's with low management and HR skills. Lots of back-stabbing and hidden agendas. Being a Brit is a definitive advantage.

Advice to Management

Get help - you need it. Stop lying to employees and pursuing/conducting business thru unethical approach.

Inspectorate2014-10-21

"Fun and interesting work but grueling work hours and relatively low pay (somewhat compensated by the overtime)"

Former Employee - Chemist in Martinez, CA

I worked at Inspectorate full-time for more than a year

Pros

The small offices within a large company allow for an interesting dynamic. Each office feels like a small entity that is close knit while still having the stability of an international corporation. The work was varied and a good experience builder.

Cons

The oil industry never sleeps, and neither do it's workers. Long shifts, on-call requirements and quick results all add to a the stress level.

Inspectorate2012-09-19