Insperity Reviews in Kingwood, TX | Glassdoor

Insperity Chairman and CEO Paul J. Sarvadi
Paul J. Sarvadi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lacks work/life balance during a huge chunk of year (in 14 reviews)

• It can be challenging and a long-term sales cycle to educate business owners (in 13 reviews)

"Great Organization"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've always heard great things about Insperity and now that I am employed here I see why. The company culture is great and they really do cherish their employees.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Better organized training from the beginning.

2. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping small business grow the staff

Cons

No work life balance. Company need to understand the needs of others

Advice to Management

Please be more helpful

3. "Business Analyst Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Kingwood, TX
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible, appreciative and supportive

Cons

Cannot think of anything, but the AC is a little cold.

"Product Analyst"

Former Employee - Product Analyst in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Product Analyst in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong company and healthy benefits

Cons

Isolated campus and patched systems

5. "Insperity"

Current Employee - Escalation Specialist in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Escalation Specialist in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't say the benefits are great but they are far from bad

Cons

compensation for my department is low

"Steady, Safe Work, But....."

Former Employee - Product Owner in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Product Owner in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

While it is difficult to get into the company, once you get in it is very difficult to get fired. The company is loyal to employees, almost to a fault. That situation is great for employees. The benefits are great. You really aren't asked to do much in comparison to other places I have been.

Cons

During my interview process, I was told by a senior manager that this is not the place to think you are going to change the world. You just stay under the radar and get paid. This is the best way to describe the company. Sales works extremely hard, but every other department never breaks a sweat. This can be frustrating if you are working with other groups to get something done because there is zero urgency. No one is really held accountable for what doesn't get done. If you are the type to just go into the office, then go home without caring much about work then none of this will matter to you and may be seen as a positive.

Most people who work at Insperity have been there 15-20 years. There are alot of married couples and children of employees working there. This creates uncomfortable situations. The reality is that many employees grew up together there. Their kids all went to school together. So you have decade long bonds and conflicts. This definitely effects business at times. You have times when one employee hates the other for something that happened years ago and you have situations where opinions are that employees can do no wrong.

It also creates a sense of "us vs them" when it comes to newer employees.

Advice to Management

Put some "outsiders" in management. Having 90% of all director-level employees there for 18+ years stifles growth and new ideas. It also creates a situation where the only people who get promoted are people who have been there 15+ years. Examples of newcomers entering the company and immediately having a large impact are numerous, but those people leave quickly because employees with longer tenure are shown favoritism at every turn. That brain drain cannot continue for long. There have processes in place that are obsolete but remain because the creators are long-term employees.

"Insperity: Treating Humans Like a Resource."

I worked at Insperity full-time

Pros

Great health and wellness benefits. Flexible work schedule. They invest in personal development. There are a lot of great people that work there, that probably should be managers but aren't. You could have a great career depending on working in the right department under qualified leadership.

Cons

Depends on what department you work in. There are good and bad ones. The department I was in the culture was one of fear, control, incompetence, and nepotism. Oh, and high-turnover. It was a bit embarrassing that an HR company could be so terrible at, well, HR related issues. Most of the cons fall under these categories:

- TOP DOWN CULTURE OF FEAR: You heard all the time "oh, don't let XYZ executive hear you pitch that you'll be fired." Our boss seemed to have an unhealthy fear of guy.

- CONTROLLING AND INCOMPETENT MANAGEMENT: Insperity is brilliant at running talented people off, at least in the department I worked. I witnessed a director lose 3 people at one time because of decisions he made. I know a lot of great people there that take jobs in other departments just to get away from some managers.

- IT'S NOT WHAT YOU DO BUT WHO YOU KNOW: The good ole boy club is alive and well. I never heard the word nepotism until I started working here. Falling up the corporate ladder is an art form. Learn it if you want to advance here. Relationships beat great ideas almost every time.

- LACK of INTEGRITY: You wouldn't believe the crap that goes on to climb or maintain the corporate ladder. I saw sedition and throwing each other under the bus between management. Hell, some managers hated each other and tried to ruin the other person's career. This is the culture in our department.

Advice to Management

Simple. Spend some time reading Glassdoor "Insperity Advice to Management." What you'll notice is some common denominators, themes that are consistently reoccur that never get fixed. Themes like:

1. LISTEN. Management seems to be in, according to gallup, the 83% category of having no idea how to lead and manage people.

I know of a director there who was demoted 3 times from managing human beings, yet has fallen up the ladder to Director of the entire company. Another director comes to mind that has the nickname "the department killer" yet in the Insperity culture they get a promotion, all the while upper management overlooks their track record of threatening people and throwing her/his team under the bus.

I suggest an outside consultant to perform a management audit. I know of two different VPs of their department that have no background in that field.

I really hope this helps because Insperity has a ton of great people that work there but who have been so beaten down that they have settled to just pick up a paycheck.

8. "payroll specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Insperity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company keeps you in the loop on what's going on

Cons

lower management could be more involved and supportive.

Advice to Management

be more involved and caring to employees. conduct fewer meetings

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work Life/Balance, Solid Benefits, Great company culture

Cons

promotions seem to be very few

10. "Project Specialist"

Current Employee - Project Specialist in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Insperity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very family oriented. lots of career opportunities and great people

Cons

pay could be better.