Inspirage Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Srini Subramanian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work-life balance may get a hit, be ready to attend calls even during weekends (in 11 reviews)

• No work life balance - expect to take calls 24 /7 (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great potential with growing company"

I have been working at Inspirage full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule including ability to work from home. CEO believes in work / life balance and the culture encourages it. Training opportunities and career growth.

Cons

Growing pains that come with a young company.

Advice to Management

Accountability needs to be for everyone including high level. Trust but verify.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company with amazing employees. With growth in all these years, still has the startup culture which is astounding.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

None

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Inspirage full-time

Pros

Good company, pay, flexibility. Overall a great company to work for.

Cons

lacking some back office support.

Advice to Management

focus on supporting your infrastructure so they can support the company.

4. "Bad Choice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made a bad choice of joining this company - no respect for the employees, highly overworked and underpaid. Managers openly threaten employees to work on multiple projects and book time only for 1 project.

Cons

No work-life balance at all, expected to work 60 -70 hrs every week and if you cant due to personal reasons management will treat you horribly. You will never get your bonus, all increments, promotions and bonus goes to select handful people. HR is a joke, if you bring anything to their notice you will never hear back.

Advice to Management

NA

5. "You can make a career here"

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

there are too many negative reviews of Inspirage. I wanted to tell you my perspective. I have been with Inspirage for 6 years. The founding partners and now executives truly do care. Some middle managers are under par, I must admit, but the senior leaders do listen and do try their very best to direct the Inspirage ship towards the right direction.

The pivot to the cloud is evidence of our leadership's focus and the vision for the future. All of us know that this is absolutely true and we have to adopt quickly.

Cons

I truly don't have anything bad to say. Direct Managers' management of employees are overall great, but I am sure there are cases where current employees are not happy with his or her manager. But that's pretty much common across every company on this planet.

Advice to Management

Recommend we invest into Hyperion / EPM Cloud.

6. "Working for 4+ year now"

Current Employee - Manager, Consulting
    Current Employee - Manager, Consulting

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Inspirage mostly does short term implementation (3-6 months), though they have some clients for whom employees are working for 2+ years. Short term projects means higher billing rates for the company and great learning opportunity for the employee. All employees works like top-tier consultants – they go in, understand the requirement, find and implement the solution and come out. Since billing rates are high, companies typically do not employ Inspirage for support (which again is good for employees, as they do not get stagnant). And many of the projects Inspirage takes up are re-implementations – which means some other company tried the implementation before, but failed. In short, these are not vanilla implementations – these are complex projects for which Oracle itself recommends Inspirage to clients. Majority of the employees in US are MBAs with Engineering backgrounds, who have moved to Inspirage after working for many years in other consulting firms. That explains the respect Inspirage consultants get: both in front of their clients, as well as in the industry.

Cons

You do not get the experience of managing large project teams, since most Inspirage projects have a handful of employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Its a sweat shop"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that I can think of, pretty much a sweat shop

Cons

The owners treat all employees horribly, frequently throw their employees under the bus in front of customers, slave like culture, no project management, set unmanagable expectations with customers and then make employees sweat 80-90 hour weeks with no appreciation or financial benefit. Complete waste of time to work here, better to work for desi companies for slightly less money - atleast you will have a personal life.

Advice to Management

Just sell the company to somebody who knows how to run business. Because you dont !

"Really enjoy it here"

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can really have an impact here. People care about the work they do and they are collaborative. i see these negative reviews and i really wonder if we're working for the same company. My experience is nothing like that.

Cons

nothing glaring comes to mind

"Join if u want to be programmer for ever"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the CEO and the partners use unethical ways to win business and use extreme manipulative tactics with employees and high pressure techniques to force employees to work 80-90 hr weeks.

Cons

You will be a programmer for ever and no other skill will either be appreciated or training be provided to grow up. Waste of time.

Advice to Management

NA

"Startup culture, without the startup attitude"

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Inspirage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Inspirage is celebrating its 10 year anniversary, but it feels like a startup as there are lots of opportunities to use one's talent and expertise in ways that can have huge impact on the company. We are in the middle of a big transformation in the marketplace (supply chain technology moving to Cloud), which is exciting for those of us who love change, but difficult for others who have been working on the same technology for 15 years to move to (this may explain why there are many negative comments on this site). Despite what the negative ninnies on this site may say, I personally really like and respect our CEO and all the senior leadership team.

Cons

Very thin back office support services (i.e., IT, HR, Admin).

Advice to Management

Above-mentioned lack of non-billable personnel has large impact on people's abilities to get their jobs done.