KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Inspire Fitness Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2021

Found 6 of over 6 reviews

2.9

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-former

Quick Synopsis

Oct 5, 2020 - Nursing in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work, great management

Cons

working at any start-up is hard

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work that operates as a tight nit group.

Sep 4, 2012 - Warehouse Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is highly trained and experienced which leads to a more productive and enjoyable work setting.

Cons

They are not always hiring and there are not a lot of available promotions.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

SOSO

Jan 30, 2017 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good entry level gig to get some experience under your belt. Low stress level job.

Cons

Unorganized senior management. Bonuses are hard to reach

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tech team turnover and burnout

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The option to work remotely/WFH.

Cons

I would not recommend taking a job with this company’s tech team. What other reviewers have said is true. The company leadership does not know how to manage a tech team or create a valuable tech product in a market that is only becoming more saturated and more competitive. This might not be a problem if leadership didn’t micromanage the people they hire to lead and to contribute. Unfortunately, while the tech team tries to operate as autonomously as they can, company leadership will not let go of the reins. All you need to do is look at the reviews on the app stores to confirm that this is true and to see the kind of product this environment creates. If a company does not allow for talented people to perform the jobs they are hired to do, they will leave. That is exactly what has happened with this team. Not to mention, the pay and benefits are far below industry standard and the work/life balance is nonexistent. The turnover for the tech team is higher than any company I’ve worked for, and it’s because everything mentioned above leads to one outcome—burnout.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Competent tech team, incompetent ownership

May 14, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tech team was managed well and got along. Very low stress job, there were no deadlines of sprints while I was employed.

Cons

Ownership of this company is stuck in the draconian era. They didn't even give their employees health insurance until the beginning of 2021... How cheap can you be... Not only are the benefits below market standard the pay is as well. The backend team is writing Clojure which luckily is so rare people will take an underpaying job just to work with the language.. It's honestly amazing how large the company has grown with how incompetent upper management is. Corporate likes to micromanage to an insane degree as well which is why they want senior positions "hired near hq" so that the owner can micromanage even more.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tech department will fall due to poor technical vision lead by "Architect" without mobile or Golang experience

Jul 5, 2020 - Mobile Software Architect and Lead Android Developer in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learning about serial communications was fun! Running our remote tech team was fun and challenging as well.

Cons

The tech team consists of an "architect" without mobile knowledge or golang experience which is the majority of the code base. The architect is attempting to change the programming language that the backend is written in to clojure, as opposed to actually learn the language that the two full-time backend developers are invested in. The architect has been with this company with a golang backend for over a year. There is no buy-in from the backend developers to add the tech debt of changing backend languages. The architect will throw other projects under the bus if he cannot take credit for those successes. The architect argued against the team using our project management tool(Pivotal) any chance he could get. Retrospectives, standups, and every interaction ended up being toxic. The CEO, who is not a tech person, unfortunately doesn't see the that the architect is a big reason why the last 4 full-time employees left.

1 person found this review helpful

Inspire Fitness Response

Marketing Manager

I am truly sorry that things didn’t work out for you here at Inspire Fitness. Thank you for bringing up some of the changes that have taken place since you left the team, namely the move from Go to Clojure. The move from Go to Clojure is more of a business decision than a technical one. Our backend devs have been working really hard to both maintain and improve the existing Go codebase. Between a long, bug ridden migration process and slow delivery of new API endpoints holding up every other project it was apparent that a change had to be made. The team was working really hard but the devs weren’t able to make adequate progress. With deadlines looming and a new senior developer added to the team (with more Go experience than Clojure) we looked at our options and determined that we could deliver much faster working in Clojure. Not only have we been delivering endpoints much faster, we put CI/CD in place so every endpoint is covered by integration tests, tested with CircleCI, and automatically deployed to a beta environment. I think you’d be happy with the system we have in place now on the backend. Although our team at Inspire Fitness was not a good fit for you I have no doubt that you will find a place where you are able to do your best work. Best of luck with your future endeavors. Sincerely, Daniel Glauser - Software Architect/Dev Manager

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews