Inspired Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Inspired Promotions Reviews

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The opportunity is there!"

I have been working at Inspired Promotions full-time

Pros

That is, if you’re willing to work for it. You’re mentored by leaders who break everything down for you. The president really gets involved by setting goals for each of us, and helps anyone who isn’t doing so well either. She helps each of us where we need the most help. It's great to see how much dedication she puts into her team and company. You obviously have to prove yourself in order to be considered for a promotion, but if you have great work ethic and are just as dedicated as the president is then you’ve got a good chance!

Cons

You will have to work extremely hard if you want that opportunity to present itself, but by the management team being so supportive, they really help you get to the level you need to be at.

Advice to Management

Continue to push everyone, and be a part of the team. It a good feeling to see our management team cares.

2. "Not So Inspired"

Pros

Training?
    Meetings
    Ability to change working locations

Cons

I felt that they were not paying enough for the amount of effort that you were required to put in.

3. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Inspired Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a few things about marketing and sales, were very nice and helpful

Cons

standing in a sams club all day going up to customers asking to check out the product i was selling got a little tedious, only made minimum wage if i didnt sell enough

"do NOT Work here. beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL

I worked at Inspired Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none none none there were no pros working here at all

Cons

no such thing as salary. youll make 8 dollars an hour thats it. i can think of a million other places id rather work. i could work part time and make more money and benefits than this place.

Advice to Management

stop trying to act like this has a serious business model and tht your employees are paid even remotely enough

"Fun people. HORRIBLE PAY"

I have been working at Inspired Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

Well,most of the people were nice. That is all.

Cons

If your not a "cool kid" you will not get much attention. Plus, they force you into "team nights", sorry I'd rather sleep and spend time with my family. They promise you trips which turn into sleepless stays at a hotel "networking". All the fancy talk is short for, you will go sell this crap and like it

Advice to Management

BE HONEST!

Inspired Promotions Response

Mar 19, 2015 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback about your experience with Inspired Promotions. We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. Our goal is to provide a work environment with... More

"The team environment at Inspired Promotions is phenomenal!"

Current Employee - Marketing Trainer in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Trainer in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Inspired Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The relationships I’ve been able to build with my fellow team members and superiors at Inspired

Promotions have been really valuable. Aside from personal connections, our team is able to

accomplish even greater successes due to this strong bond. We maintain a collaborative feel and

always benefit from each other’s expertise. It’s nice to know that I can count on my fellow team

members for support and advice.

Cons

It would be tough for me to come up with a con of working for Inspired Promotions. I’ve had only good

experiences since starting with the firm.

Advice to Management

No advice to management, they do a great job leading the team.

"Inspired Promotions gives me incredible travel opportunities!"

Pros

I’ve been thrilled with the travel opportunities Inspired Promotions has provided for me. I love seeing and experiencing new places, and I also get to make networking contacts I never would have otherwise. If you want to expand your cultural horizons and professional communication skills, I can think of no better way to do it than by traveling. Inspired Promotions gives you that chance.

Cons

My efforts have always been appreciated and I feel like a valued member of the team. While it takes hard work to rise to the top, the efforts you put in pay off.

Advice to Management

We appreciate everything you do to support us.

"Great Review from a FORMER Employee"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador

I worked at Inspired Promotions full-time

Pros

Pros- business development, resume builder, sales expereince, recruiting expereince, great introduction to the business world at an entry level.

Most companies won't hire someone without at least 3 years expereince. I worked here straight out of college and it was a great expereince. I eventually decided it wasn't the path for me, however in a market where no one would give me a chance, this company did. They also helped coach and mentor me with core business skills that have transferred in to my current role as a Sales Manager.

Cons

Cons - some travel required, some off hour work ( but that could be fine depending on someone's flexibility)

"#inspired(NOT)"

I worked at Inspired Promotions full-time

Pros

I get to write this highly entertaining review. Also, I would also like to premise this review by stating how funny I find it that this company has blatantly made their employees write good things recently on this site to contradict everything that has been said for months.

Cons

Where do I even start? Let’s see, first I was really excited to get this job because the interview process was very quick and they kept their promise on being in touch with me on my running for the job (little did I know they just love making phone calls and keeping in touch with me and all their employees, that’s their thing). Anyways, I got the job and was told that I'd be making about $100 dollars a day, but in a few short weeks/months I could be making $200 a day. This is all a vicious lie. Inspired Promotions was not honest about my pay and quite honestly they weren’t honest about a lot of things before I took the job. Other lies they feed you include gas compensation (you get none or maybe $10 big whoop), that they’re promoters (they’re salespeople come on now), you are not required to go to optional meetings (optional to them is a synonym for mandatory). Your typical day at inspired promotions starts with a morning meeting, teaching you things you’ve more than likely already learned from college then going out and “promoting” your product. Going out to “promote” could be close by or it could be say an hour or more to get to your location. Once you’re done “promoting” and you’ve had a long tiring day and can’t wait to just go home and eat dinner and watch your favorite tv show your mentor will call you up. They’ll ask you about your day, your goals, your life’s dreams and ambitions, how to do better tomorrow, what your goals are for tomorrow, what your goals are for the day after, and for the rest of the year. This is a daily process: same meetings, same sales, same phone calls talking about the same things. If you don’t meet your goals or don’t show the same enthusiasm as the golden ones it’ll be pointed out to you that you’re not as good as the others. So there’s that.

In terms of the atmosphere of this place, if you like scripted delusional robots then maybe this is the place for you. The employees here act like big shot CEO’s but really they’re just salespeople, you’ll get invited to team nights (which just like the job itself aren’t fun), and if you don’t go just like you if you don’t go to a meeting or conference that was also optional you’ll be made to feel like you’re not worthy and don’t work hard enough. Also, if you don’t dare to dream to be a millionaire and have 7 cars you’re also made to feel like you’re not worthy.

All in all this job tricks you into thinking it’s a really cool young on the rise promising career path, but in reality you’re better off staying at your part time job or unemployed. Trust me it’ll save you loads of regret and a headache. #inspired(not)

"Big Goals, Big rewards"

Pros

Great position for someone fresh out of college looking to gain experience in both business and marketing. I was instantly excited to learn how to do interviews and as well as help develop other individuals achieve success. Extremely team-oriented atmosphere where all the trainers are willing to take time out of their day to teach others succeed with lessons that can help with someone in both their personal and professional life. Never a dull moment with the crew in the office. Some of the most fun/sharp individuals I am fortunate to know.

Time management and organization are skills that are demanded to be successful in any business regardless of context. Initially, most individuals (including myself) do not fully understand how these things have an long-lasting effects. Which is why the positions instantly challenges individuals to think bigger in order to take more control over their own development. Individuals are essentially financially compensated to hone their own skills to make themselves more marketable through things such as the morning meetings. More responsibilities are given to individuals who consistently apply the lessons to be learned and along with that there is always the ability for advancement.

All the rewards/benefits/travel opportunity are offered to individuals who have a clear understanding the great rewards are met with great work ethic. The ideals that are taught with the position extend to all facets of life (sports, music, entertainment, business, etc.) where people look to be recognized for their relentless working habits. Almost always this requires an entrepreneurial type person to go above and beyond the usual standards to reach their goals. This positions rewards those individuals by sending them to national conferences such as Dallas to expand their own business mindset. They can also send a couple individuals on a fully-paid business vacations to places such as Puerto Rico and Jamaica. Amazing opportunities that are insane to pass up.

Cons

Definitely wouldn't consider this a con but individuals are sometimes surprised they can be tested on their character and working habits. Those individuals with the inability to have an open-mindset to constructive feedback will be least satisfied. Often times the feedback for individuals is given so that despite what they choose to pursue, they can utilize the advice to make themselves stronger entrepreneurs.

This is not a position for people looking to clock in and clock out of work and just leave it at that. This provides the opportunity where anyone who has the passion to be successful can showcase their efforts to go beyond regular standards of a typical "job". It is hard to imagine a highly desired position of any type that wasn't attained through above average work ethic. Individuals wanting to constantly learn more about the business need only ask their trainers and/or manager.

Advice to Management

So fortunate to have the opportunity to have stumbled across this opportunity. I can't say enough how much it is the people that makes everything worthwhile. If you want hit personal milestones with people that love to care about you then there is really nothing else to question.