KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Chegg
Is this your company?

InstaEDU

Add a Review

InstaEDU Employee Reviews about "instaedu"

Updated Mar 5, 2017

Found 4 of over 84 reviews

3.1
InstaEDU CEO Dan Rosensweig (no image)
Dan Rosensweig

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and flexibile hours(in 19 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours(in 9 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "instaedu"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Flexible Schedule and High Hourly Rate

May 26, 2016 - Online Tutor in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best things about working at InstaEDU are that you choose your own hours, work within your field of expertise, and receive high hourly wages for part-time work.

Cons

Students/customers frequently expect you to answer questions or rewrite papers, neither of which are you supposed to do. It is important that you regulate the types of support you offer and agree to perform.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Discriminatory Policies

Jul 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay is one of the reasons i started to work with InstaEdu. Also you are able to choose your assignments.

Cons

InstaEdu follows a policy discriminating against Indian tutors. It recently shut down most Indian tutors giving a variety of bogus reasons and has stopped accepting applications from Indian tutors. The crackdown was highly unethical in practice and made many people lose out on the time invested in building up a student base. Also, support treats tutors like garbage and doesn't respond to their needs. Once you get shut down your case is closed and that's it- even for no fault of your own.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Startup with a great social mission

Jun 11, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined InstaEDU about a year ago because I was looking to work for a tech startup that had something of a social mission. I love that working at InstaEDU is about more than tech for tech's sake -- we're building a product makes people's lives better. The group of employees here is incredibly dedicated to the product and to our 'cause' -- making online tutoring accessible and available to anyone with an Internet connection and a desire to learn.

Cons

Since we're a growing startup, there's a lot of work to be done (which can sometimes mean long hours). Luckily, we have a good group of employees/company culture, so it's not so bad :)

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great product, great team, exciting environment

Apr 8, 2014 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I left a large tech company to join InstaEDU because I really believe in the product and the mission of the company. We help connect students with tutors and provide affordable one-on-one help to high school and college students. The management structure is flat, communication and decision making is transparent. The company leadership is a group of really talented and incredibly smart Stanford grads. I am really excited to be part of the team here and work in such a tight-knit and collaborative environment.

Cons

As a start-up we have limited people-power and resources. This means that I have to constantly stretch myself to learn more skills and work slightly outside of my comfort zone. Overall, not really a con -- I am learning a lot, but it's definitely a challenging environment where everyone is constantly pushing themselves and growing.

Continue reading