66% would recommend to a friend
(1514 total reviews)
64% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Instacart
2 years ago
Is anyone willing to refer people to Microsoft, Amazon, Netflix, Meta and other tech companies? I started a site to refer people to their dream job. I have referrers at Instacart, Google, and Fox. But people would like to be connected to other companies. If you work at a company that allows employees to refer other people, especially if they'll give you a referral bonus, please get in touch with me at YourFriendAt.com and I'll add you to the list of referrers.
2 months ago
Would this offer be worth it? I am starting to feel unhappy with amazon's culture and the potential, forced relocation coming up in a few months. I got a remote offer from a smaller tech company (think instacart, affirm, hubspot, zendesk, etc.) but at a paycut of 10k base (30k paycut for total compensation including stocks per year). Idk if I should hold off cause it's pretty difficult to find a remote role.
2 months ago
Hi All, 👋🏼 anyone here familiar with the culture or feel comfortable sharing any information on their experience with Instacart as any form of in-house counsel? I would appreciate any feedback (as a 7th year associate at a top law firm considering making the move in-house) any referrral opportunities would also be appreciated. Feel free to contact me directly for additional information. Thank you!
Got a burning question about Instacart? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Instacart employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible Hours; no one looking over you shoulder; scavenger hunt and I love scavenger hunts; very easy going; nice pay" (in 449 reviews)
- "Good money when you get hours persistent work when there is work keeps you moving keeps you going very little dead time" (in 335 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule You accept the orders you feel are worth it Freedom Work individually You’re your own boss" (in 267 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule, easy job, somewhat rewarding" (in 221 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and learn from!" (in 108 reviews)
- "Instacart pay can be low and relies on tips to make the pay as generous as needed" (in 455 reviews)
- "No management to call" (in 94 reviews)
- "Also there is literally no benefits to working here and for all this I deduct 3 stars." (in 93 reviews)
- "I have not shopped in a year bc the pay comes out to less than minimum wage now AND you're using your own vehicle!" (in 53 reviews)
- "Bad (no) training" (in 50 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Instacart and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,514 of over 7K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Jul 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Incredible benfits. Due to the nature of most jobs, there are things that I cannot specify about Instacart benefits, but I can tell you of all the jobs I have ever held, this is the best in terms of benefits. They offer so much support such as travel, compensation for any services that are asked of them for services you already pay for yourself. Your coworkers are all incredibly positive and excellent. I can honestly say that this is the most positive staff I have ever worked for. Everyone is happy to be there, and everyone is happy to help. Great pay
For some, the metrics might be daunting to achieve, but I can assure you if you are willing to put your best foot forward always, you can achieve great things. At all times you will be told how you can improve further. I would say this has been one of the most challenging roles I have been in. You must be a competitive person in order to perform well. This is a luxury call center environment is the best way I can describe it. You are paid well in dollars per hour as well as incredible benefits considering a lot of factors in my tenure in general call center work.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Product ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Opportunity to work on challenging real world problems.
Grocery is a challenging business.
- 4.0Nov 12, 2023DirectorCurrent EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Incredibly smart, hardworking colleagues, proud of the product, pay/benefits are in line with top tech companies in Bay Area.
Growth has stagnated over the last year and a half leading to low morale and resource constraints, lack of experience among executive team is sometimes reflected in decision-making and ways of operating.
- 4.0Nov 3, 2023Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Decent benefits Good team members Room to grow
- Compensation can be better - Some projects are completely useless - The focus seems to be everywhere at times.
- 3.0May 30, 2023Retail Support SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAtlanta, GA
Great Benefits, Met a lot of good people along the way. Went from working in office to being WFH.
The company as a whole use to be very diverse and inclusive. There were way more people of color in senior level positions but now there’s probably a handful. Sad to say things are becoming more white washed. This means there’s a lack of representation for people of color now. Chaotic Management Style and lack of transparency. Agents get switched to different managers and teams at least once a year. You’re required to participate in shift bids twice a year. Very few opportunities for advancement within CARE (customer service department ). Hardly any opportunity to get out of the CARE department. We get a new director every year. When a new director starts they tend to make sporadic/ unnecessary changes. This causes agent burnout and kills the overall morale. Around the one year mark the director mysteriously resigns and a new person comes in and does it all over again. Work conditions at this time are very stressful and I worry about my mental health.3
- 1.0Nov 27, 2023Shift LeadFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPhiladelphia, PA
Independent Room for advancement Wonderful co-workers
Dangerous working conditions Not OSHA compliant No support from Upper management Must work all weekends No vacation Days
Instacart Reviews FAQs
Instacart has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 6,735 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Instacart to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
66% of Instacart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Instacart 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.