Instacart Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 274 reviews

3.6
Instacart CEO Apoorva Mehta
Apoorva Mehta
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule meeting new people being a service to others(in 142 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and great pay for the type of job you perform(in 133 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Make a difference in people's lives and change the industry"

Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Instacart full-time

Pros

* Tremendous scope of responsibility- you can have as much impact as you're capable of generating * Colleagues are very humble and smart and well-intentioned * The opportunity we're pursuing is enormous and we are already the market leader with hundreds of millions still in our war chest and vast scope for expansion. We're solving a problem that affects nearly every human

Cons

* Teams have wide scope and hiring is behind schedule * Stock options in a pre-IPO company are probably money later, not definitely money now * Some lack of clarity on what management team will look like in 6-12 months

Advice to Management

We've hired too slowly but that beats erring in the other direction. Don't overcorrect too much, and be especially careful with the new management hires! Also, great to see much-increased focus on shopper experience lately.

2. "Hard work rewarded and continued development"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Instacart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Company genuinely cares about your progress and development. The company has a one team mentality, there are no aires put on from the CEO down. We are all equal in getting the job done.

Cons

We work very hard and a lot of time is put in personally. However; when you have support and enjoy the work, it's not that bad. I care about the work that I put in.

3. "Ambitious AND Supportive Company"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Instacart full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Brilliant management team with a ton of integrity - Early leader in a space that is about to explode - Company is willing to be bold and embraces smart growth - Authentically supportive of diversity - Female/family friendly tech company

Cons

- Has been conservative with hiring, and is now playing catch up for resources

Advice to Management

Keep being bold, focus on building out resources so we can continue to grow grow grow.

4. "Full Time Shopper"

Current Employee - Full Service Shopper in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Instacart part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you cancel your hours 6 hours before you are scheduled no RI.

Cons

The last pay structure pays too low for a lot of the batches. I have noticed also that Costco batches no longer have tips. These are large and sometimes heavy with all the water customers want and they do not tip!

Advice to Management

Rethink your pay structure and don’t ask Shoppers to do a batch 18 miles away for $7.00.

5. "Demanding"

Former Employee - In Store Shopper in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at Instacart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Quick cash, except that I haven't been paid, and my Shopper account has been deleted.

Cons

Better be super fast, or you're fired!

Advice to Management

I started working for Instacart a couple of weeks ago. I'm 62 yrs old, and have arthritis everywhere. I wasn't told you were on a timer, and if you don't keep up with the timer, you're fired. If I would have been told that BEFORE I was hired, I would have said "thanks, but no thanks." My speedy days are over.

6. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Instacart part-time for more than a year

Pros

We get paid hourly and with other bonuses

Cons

24 hour cancellation policy if you want to cancel hours

"Terrible leadership, good benefits"

Former Employee - Community Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Instacart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Good benefits, excluding parking and commuter -Free snacks and catered lunch once a week

Cons

-Not sure where they find some of the people in leadership and engineering, things are ridiculously disorganized and it appears that nobody knows who to report to. -The company is very poorly run. For instance, shoppers were paid retroactively, sent an email after they were paid breaking down the payment (of course we had already received an absurd number of inquiries before they got the email and nobody at Instacart...

Advice to Management

-Get on the same page with other members of management and make sure that everyone is given up to date information VERBALLY, each week. Remove old IKB articles with out of date information. -Including the support agents in the all-hands meetings. We are the department who has most to gain from those, yet we are never included. -Figure out workforce and quit arbitrarily assigning agents to chats, email, or phone without...

"Personal Shopper"

Current Employee - Personal Shopper in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Instacart part-time

Pros

- Make your own hours & be your own boss - Good tips - I worked 11 hours and made $148

Cons

- You have to drive quite a bit - Spend a lot of money on gas - Relies heavily on tips

Advice to Management

Make a better base pay for shoppers! If customers don’t tip well, you make very little money.

9. "Fun job -set your own hours"

I have been working at Instacart part-time

Pros

Make your own hours Very flexible Pay is good

Cons

Sometimes the app has issues

"Not great for In Store Shoppers"

Current Employee - In Store Shopper in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Instacart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Hours Paid hourly Weekly Pay Checks

Cons

No bonuses (not even during holidays) Tips aren't shared with shoppers, even though we are the ones fighting though the crowds on Saturdays and Sundays (peak times) No separate checkout lines for Instacart Shopper app has issues frequently Customers can be too demanding, especially with produce Batches are given to the fastest shoppers, even though there is a big push to talk to the customer, which ends up slowing...

Advice to Management

The same care you give to your drivers, perhaps give to your in store shoppers. Drivers get bonuses but not shoppers. Drivers get incentives but not shoppers. Put some effort into making your shoppers happy.

Found 274 reviews