66% would recommend to a friend
(1518 total reviews)
63% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Flexible Hours; no one looking over you shoulder; scavenger hunt and I love scavenger hunts; very easy going; nice pay" (in 445 reviews)
- "Good money when you get hours persistent work when there is work keeps you moving keeps you going very little dead time" (in 328 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule You accept the orders you feel are worth it Freedom Work individually You’re your own boss" (in 289 reviews)
- "Good tips and flexible schedule." (in 206 reviews)
- "Great people to work with and learn from!" (in 114 reviews)
- "Instacart pay can be low and relies on tips to make the pay as generous as needed" (in 459 reviews)
- "No management to call" (in 97 reviews)
- "Also there is literally no benefits to working here and for all this I deduct 3 stars." (in 94 reviews)
- "I have not shopped in a year bc the pay comes out to less than minimum wage now AND you're using your own vehicle!" (in 52 reviews)
- "Bad (no) training" (in 51 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Instacart and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,518 of over 7K reviews
Updated Dec 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0Dec 3, 2023Senior IOS DeveloperFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
• Smart and hard-working people • Good name on your resume
• They will push you to ship as fast as possible • No product direction, but everyone is still scrambling
- 5.0Dec 3, 2023RecruiterFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Great benefits and good people
got laid off as jobs aren't always secure; I'd encourage people to diversify their income
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Associate Product Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Great culture and community on this team. And the benefits are excellent (unlimited paid PTO as long as you get all your work done, good health/dental/vision, 6 months mat leave for moms (~4 for dads I think), lots of other bennies too), stock options
Gotta be careful of blackout trading windows to ensure compliance with insider trading laws now that we're public
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Product ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Opportunity to work on challenging real world problems.
Grocery is a challenging business.
- 1.0Nov 27, 2023Shift LeadFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsPhiladelphia, PA
Independent Room for advancement Wonderful co-workers
Dangerous working conditions Not OSHA compliant No support from Upper management Must work all weekends No vacation Days
- 3.0Nov 24, 2023DriverCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Flexible, you can do it whenever you like, occasional promotions
Used to be better 4 years ago but now that there’s so many shoppers they don’t pay as high and it’s hard to make profit when factoring in gas, time and issues along the way.
- 1.0Nov 15, 2023Cart PusherFormer Employee
work your own hours. in store shopping is easy.
bad pay, dangerous locations, no seller support for common problems and constant app freezing and app issues
Instacart Reviews FAQs
Instacart has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 6,742 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Instacart to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
66% of Instacart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Instacart 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.