KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,141 of over 5K reviews

3.8
Instacart CEO Fidji Simo
Fidji Simo

What people are saying about Instacart

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Instacart pay can be low and relies on tips to make the pay as generous as needed(in 323 reviews)
  • "No management to call(in 89 reviews)
  • "Also there is literally no benefits to working here and for all this I deduct 3 stars.(in 82 reviews)
  • "Bad (no) training(in 42 reviews)
  • "Expect to spend enough money on your car that you end up making less than minimum wage.(in 41 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Instacart and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

good

Aug 11, 2022 - Student Worker in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

lenient, easy to start, and simple siude job

Cons

The batches or way to earn money is not guaranteed. Need to be in a good location

Continue reading
  2. 5.0

Aug 10, 2022 - Working Student
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the flexibility. I am able to set my own hours and work whenever I want. Also with gas prices, I can remain within a certain mileage.

Cons

A lot of competition with other shoppers.

3. 4.0

Recruiter

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture and people to work with

Cons

pay can be more aligned to market

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Aug 8, 2022 - Retail Merchandiser
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work on my own time

Cons

Wish I could get paid more

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good

Aug 8, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Orders pay people shopping time

Cons

Rude Customers, Not enough pay

6. 5.0
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Aug 6, 2022 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Instacart is inclusive and warm. In a virtual world these days, it can be weird to start and work anywhere, but Instacart did a good job in bringing me on board Instacart has regular meetings with the executive level team and everyone is encouraged to ask questions. It’s very transparent and open. I love this. Fidji also seems very genuine. I trust the board Instacart does a good job by its users and I feel like the company’s mission is noble and one I agree with. I’m excited to see how we can change the grocery industry

Cons

Some of the employees at Instacart seem to be there only for the pay check or stock options

Continue reading
  7. 5.0

Best as a Second Job

Aug 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can choose your own hours, you can choose different areas to work

Cons

Amount of orders to choose from is never consistent, negative customer reviews effect orders seen

8. 5.0

Great Company!

Aug 4, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great S-Team and leadership structure. Very optimistic and energetic

Cons

There are some discrepancies in titles and commiserate experience

9. 5.0

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working Independently that works

Cons

Not enough batches for me to get

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

N/a

Aug 3, 2022 - Remote Tax Expert in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

None nothing worked for me

Cons

Everything sucks I mean everything

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,141 Reviews
</>Embed

Instacart Reviews FAQs

Instacart has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 5,494 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Instacart to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Instacart employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Instacart. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

73% of Instacart employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Instacart 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Instacart to be benefits, coworkers, culture and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Instacart Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Instacart? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

51 days ago

To celebrate Juneteenth and honor our commitment to address food insecurity – an issue that disproportionately impacts the Black community – yesterday our team participated in a company-wide Day of Action. We rolled up our sleeves and served generously by volunteering at several Feeding America local food banks, including SF-Marin Food Bank, Atlanta Community Food Bank, City Harvest, Three Square Food Bank. Our teams also packed backpacks for kids with Hamilton Families and volunteered with SF City Impact to cook meals and create hygiene kits, among other activities. Together we packed and distributed over 70,000 pounds of food for 20,000 families! We believe that we have a shared responsibility to lean into the opportunities where we can make an impact, and for us, that’s focusing on combating food insecurity in the communities we live and work in.
Shared image

92 days ago

Company News
We're celebrating our 10-year anniversary! As much as we’ve accomplished over our first decade — including delivering 859 million bananas! — we’re even more excited for what’s to come: helping retailers and brand partners grow their businesses, building a more connected online and offline consumer experience, and making grocery shopping less transactional and more inspirational and personal. As part of this milestone, our CEO Fidji Simo penned a blog post reflecting on Instacart's growth and momentum to-date and the our ambitious vision for the next 10 years. The piece chronicles major moments in grocery history and highlights the important role technology has to play in grocery’s continued evolution. It’s been quite a decade - here’s to the next 10!
Shared image - 10 Years of Instacart: Celebrating our First Decade and Setting the Table for What's Next
www.instacart.com