KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Instacart

Engaged Employer

Instacart

Add a Review

Instacart Employee Reviews about "batches"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

Found 218 of over 3,947 reviews

3.6
Instacart CEO Fidji Simo
Fidji Simo
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, can listen to music during job(in 223 reviews)

• "Flexible hours working for Instacart while I build up my videography/photography business(in 208 reviews)

• Cons
  • "First come first serve in getting batches so you have to consistently check your app(in 203 reviews)

• "Rating system, wear and tear on vehicle(in 88 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Instacart

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Instacart and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "batches"

Return to all Reviews
    1. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Love It!

Jan 15, 2021 - Shopper in New Hartford, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. I love to grocery shop, so it's fun for me. You get to know the stores in your area really well so you can improve on your accuracy and speed. It provides a great service to people who can't always get out to do their own grocery shopping. most of it is a no-contact delivery, so you don't see people very often. When I do see the people I deliver to, they are always very nice and appreciative. I wasn't really expecting to make a lot of money doing this, but I can actually make $100 or more in a day just when I'm doing it part-time in the evenings or on weekends. That's decent extra money to have. I just put it away and save it. It's also a great workout, especially if you get heavy batches. If you do a full day of Instacart, it can really wipe you out, but you're getting some good exercise in. Anytime I have had an issue with anything related to Instacart, I've called their helpline and they are super responsive and very friendly people.

Cons

Sometimes the batches disappear quickly or there might not be many to choose from. Some of the batches that pop up on my app are 20 or 30 mi away from home, so that is not something I'm able to do. For the most part, the batch earnings are fair, but there are times where the tip is very low. I have seen a few that are a no tip. I don't really go after those batches because if we're providing that service I feel they should tip. The app can also be glitchy at times, but for the most part if you shut it down and open it back up it works fine. I would like to see some perks or bonuses for shoppers who do consistently well.

2. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

Good as a par time gig

Jan 14, 2021 - Full Time Shopper
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helps if you need emergency cash

Cons

Limited batches Sign in difficulty Account can be deleted by false reports

3. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

Flexibility

Jan 12, 2021 - Independent Contractor/Driver in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Choose your own hours, a good job to help those who may not be able to shop for groceries in these times

Cons

Difficult to contact support, issues that occur during your batches are your responsibility and reaching someone to help isn't always possible

4. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Very Impressed Honestly

Jan 7, 2021 - Instacart Full Service Shopper in Clarksville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am able to set my own schedule and be with my kids whenever I need to be but it does drastically reduce my earnings if I don’t stay on the app and watch for batches. I typically work at least five days a week and anywhere from 40-55hrs depending on my own personal need and goals on earnings. I love that I have the ability to get paid up to five times a day and can let it build up and cash out less if wanted too. I needed to feed seven people during the pandemic and it has for sure exceeded that at a time when I needed it most!

Cons

It’s not easy money! It’s wearing on you to lift heavy orders all day and drive to deliver in between. I really don’t like that we have to wait 24hrs for tips either because I would never have to wait for tips in any other situation where I deliver goods.

Continue reading
    5. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Humble shopper and driver

Jan 7, 2021 - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have your own hours, you can pick your own order, take time off without having to let anyone know, be able to shop in different states when you want to make extra cash on your trips, cash out even when you need just a little bit of gas money, you can make up to 300 if you start early and get the big batches

Cons

Store lines due to covid, not being able to go in to shop because some stores don’t see instacart as a first responder, only Costco, the system acts slow, when I get don’t with a batch I don’t see anymore and I have to drive home to see a couple batches, when i grab a big batch and swipe it says that it’s already taken.

6. 4.0

Short Review Title

Jan 6, 2021 - Personal Shoper
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work for yourself, drive your own car

Cons

There are not always batches available

7. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Great Job for College Students

Dec 29, 2020 - Full Service Shopper in State College, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible shift times competitive pay and tips

Cons

Availability of batches Requirements for bonus

8. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

Great company

Dec 25, 2020 - Instacart Shopper in Muskegon, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid fast and easy no problems

Cons

Not having a lot of batches pop up in my area

9. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

Excellent independent contractor job

Dec 25, 2020 - Full Service Shopper in Toms River, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay Flexible Hours Own Boss No uniforms

Cons

Few Batches available sometimes Too many items to shop for Too heavy

10. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer

Instacart is what you make of it

Dec 20, 2020 - Shopper
      Business Outlook

Pros

When batches are available they can pay well

Cons

The best batches disappear quickly and it’s discouraging sometimes

Viewing 1 - 10 of 218 Reviews