KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Instacart

Engaged Employer

Instacart

Add a Review

Instacart Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 206 of over 3,991 reviews

3.6
Instacart CEO Fidji Simo
Fidji Simo
Pros
  • "flexible schedule, can listen to music during job(in 223 reviews)

• "Flexible hours working for Instacart while I build up my videography/photography business(in 208 reviews)

• Cons
  • "First come first serve in getting batches so you have to consistently check your app(in 203 reviews)

• "Rating system, wear and tear on vehicle(in 88 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Instacart

What people are saying about Instacart

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Instacart and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      5.0
      Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Love It!

Jan 15, 2021 - Shopper in New Hartford, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. I love to grocery shop, so it's fun for me. You get to know the stores in your area really well so you can improve on your accuracy and speed. It provides a great service to people who can't always get out to do their own grocery shopping. most of it is a no-contact delivery, so you don't see people very often. When I do see the people I deliver to, they are always very nice and appreciative. I wasn't really expecting to make a lot of money doing this, but I can actually make $100 or more in a day just when I'm doing it part-time in the evenings or on weekends. That's decent extra money to have. I just put it away and save it. It's also a great workout, especially if you get heavy batches. If you do a full day of Instacart, it can really wipe you out, but you're getting some good exercise in. Anytime I have had an issue with anything related to Instacart, I've called their helpline and they are super responsive and very friendly people.

Cons

Sometimes the batches disappear quickly or there might not be many to choose from. Some of the batches that pop up on my app are 20 or 30 mi away from home, so that is not something I'm able to do. For the most part, the batch earnings are fair, but there are times where the tip is very low. I have seen a few that are a no tip. I don't really go after those batches because if we're providing that service I feel they should tip. The app can also be glitchy at times, but for the most part if you shut it down and open it back up it works fine. I would like to see some perks or bonuses for shoppers who do consistently well.

2. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer

Good

Jan 21, 2021 - Instacart In Store Shopper in Lake Worth, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, good part-time job, very independent.

Cons

No tips, minor inconveniences, confusing.

3. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Job

Jan 18, 2021 - Shopper in Springfield, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to make money in this pandemic. Flexible hours

Cons

I would like a job with more to offer.

4. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart
      Current Employee

Instacart Review

Jan 15, 2021 - MBA Student in Boca Raton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours, Easy access to earnings

Cons

Flawed Rating system gives too much power to customers deterring employees interest in working