Instacart "flexible schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor

Instacart Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Dec 3, 2019

3.1
Instacart CEO Apoorva Mehta
Apoorva Mehta
Pros
Cons
  • "I wish my shoppers were paid a bit more(in 285 reviews)

• "Too many batches fill the fridges(in 104 reviews)

Reviews by divisions

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Great Experience"

Current Freelancer - In Store Shopper in Austin, TX

I have been working at Instacart for more than 3 years

Pros

*Flexible schedule and easy to modify. *Great team and store partners

Cons

*Always changing metrics , complicated to understand sometimes

Instacart2019-06-19
  2. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Great part time"

Current Freelancer - In Store Shopper in Oldsmar, FL

I have been working at Instacart for less than a year

Pros

Do not have to drive / deliver Flexible schedule Hourly wage

Cons

Poor management Drunk co workers App issues

Advice to Management

Stop chastising the team for one players default. Happy hours of the people who are not functioning not the dedicated people

Instacart2019-11-22
  3. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Priorities are not straight"

Current Freelancer - In Store Shopper in New York, NY

I have been working at Instacart for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule Consistent schedule Decent pay Helpful staff

Cons

Management doesn't listen to employees

Advice to Management

Management need to stop worrying about numbers on a screen and actually listen to their workers, my store in particular has been dubbed the hardest in the area and even knowing that, we have tons of issues, full service almost never knows what their doing if they are brand new, they dont respect the shift leads in the store but always beg for help and expect everything to be handed to them, in store customers are... rude and delay our process, we have only 1 register that we are allowed to use all shift and it is always being used as the register to train new cashiers and once those cashier got the hang of the system they are pulled and we get left waiting even after we make it known that we need to check out due to being timed. Shoppers voice their issues everyday to higher management about our constant struggles and they always claim their going to do something and never do. All they care about is what their screens say and that isn't going to help anyone improve all it does it add additional pressure and cause us to start basically running through our store, annoy customers that don't want to be contacted with spam messages, and constant app issues and lack of decent internet connection ruins the entire experience, management need to listen to their workers, nothing ruins a company more then bad management. I love working for Instacart but management alone makes me want to leave, we want our voices heard thats all we ask.

Instacart2019-12-04
  4. "Flexible, but always changeing"

Current Freelancer - Instore Shopper in Miami, FL

I have been working at Instacart for less than a year

Pros

Semi-flexible schedule. You must be open alternating sundays/weekends, and schedule 3 days to always work. Minimum 15 hours. You work primarily by yourself, but coworkers are willing to help. Fast pace work environment. Laid back work enviornment.

Cons

30 hours per week max. No benefits. Little to no movement in the company. Revolving door for new hires. Income is constantly in flux, and trends down. NO TIPS! New base pay model to start Jan. 2020 that removes batch bonuses, so the only pay recieved is the hourly pay, which starts at $11.25 per hour, and will be capped at $13.25 per hour. Raises are based on tenure (time worked), not work ethic. The app is... very buggy.

Advice to Management

Value your workers! Allow the customers to tip their drivers and shoppers separately. Acknowledge that different stores/zones/pods have different completion rates. Busier stores, the ones that generate the most revenue, and move the most product thus accept more batches, should be compensated appropriately. Offer benefits, or bonuses, or some sort of incentive to workers that consistently perform well. Train your... Full Service workers (aside from the app introduction)! Many issues stem from FS not knowing what to do; Lost/wrong bags & damaged items, etc. Offer pay transparency that is simple to understand. Train the call center. Most times, they don't know how to help resolve a problem.

Instacart2019-11-11
  5. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Easy money, poor communication"

Current Freelancer - In Store Shopper

I have been working at Instacart for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible schedule -Super easy money These are literally the only reasons I drag myself to work everyday.

Cons

-Management (shift leads, site managers) feel entitled and like to talk down to you. There's no open door policy so whenever I email upper management, they CC my direct supervisor, leading to further issues -Rules constantly change. There's always a new rule and/or metric to be judged by . Don't expect any leeway to meet these new requirements either. You either get it right away or they threaten to terminate you.... -Poor communication between management and shoppers. Also, their help center is trash. -Literally no work benefits. We don't even get a discount for using the platform as a customer.

Advice to Management

-Allow your employees to communicate frustrations without fear of retaliation. Have some sort of system in place so that we can hold our supervisors accountable for the way they talk down to us.

Instacart2019-11-05

"They do not appreciate or respect the shoppers"

Current Employee - Full Service Shopper in Verona, PA

I have been working at Instacart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. Changing environments. Some batches pay good but they are few and far between

Cons

Inconsistent pay. Unfair pay. Ridiculous payouts for items shopped and distance traveled. I arrived to a customers house for delivery on 10-21 and there was another shopper in the driveway delivering a separate batch. Ridiculous

Advice to Management

ITS OBVIOUS YOU ONLY APPRECIATE THE CUSTOMERS. WHAT ABOUT US WITH BOOTS ON THE GROUND DOING THE WORK!? Too many shoppers per area waters down batch availability.

Instacart2019-10-22
  7. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Beginner"

Current Freelancer - In Store Shopper

I have been working at Instacart

Pros

I was told that they give good pay, based on time and dedication. And of course they give a very flexible schedule

Cons

I heard they do not provide PTO which is a problem for employees who simply want to go on vacation and still be able to pay bills.

Advice to Management

The PTO is my only concern. If there is a way to help fulltime shoppers to be able to pay bills and rent when they come back home from vacation, then that would be awsome

Instacart2019-10-02
  8. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Not Fair on Distro of Batches"

Current Freelancer - Personal Shopper

I have been working at Instacart

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy second job

Cons

-Sends bigger batches to men in my area, not the women -Sends the same batch order out to multiple shoppers at the same time, making it more competitive and not fun -No accountable customer support for the shoppers -The app sends batches to shoppers not even close or living in my county

Advice to Management

Make this more fair so shoppers, good shoppers will stay, please.

Instacart2019-09-19
  9. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Shopper"

Current Freelancer - Full Service Shopper in Newnan, GA

I have been working at Instacart for less than a year

Pros

The pay is fair and the flexible schedule is great!

Cons

Hours are not always available.

Instacart2019-09-03
  10. Instacart - Shopper | Division of Instacart

"Occasionally worth the money"

Current Freelancer - Personal Shopper in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Instacart for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, no reprimanding if you do something wrong, can take breaks, able to complete trips on your time

Cons

Bad pay, larger amounts of work for little reward, picky customers, poor tips, slow shopping days, shopper app issues and glitches, poor IT support when having problems

Advice to Management

Pay your shoppers more than $7 per FULL service shopping trips. A full delivery often takes an hour or more between driving and shopping. Only being guaranteed $7 is pretty measly.

Instacart2019-09-07