Instart Logic Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital
Manav Mital

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've been working at Instart Logic for over a year now and I continue to be impressed by the dynamic work culture (in 18 reviews)

• Instart Logic is one of the few companies that demonstrates work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product (in 7 reviews)

• Lacks some organizational structure (typical start up growing pains) (in 9 reviews)

1. "Progress, Momentum & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Understood and defined market segment that is thirsting for an alternative to legacy solutions. Unique technical approach and value proposition that can address many uses cases (platform solution) which will allow the company to scale. Pleased to see the investment in marketing (long overdue).

Recently cleaned house of "dead wood" and non-performers in the organization (It is obvious many of the negative reviews are from those employees).

401K matching and above average benefits for a start-up of this size; work life balance is great however there is a culture of accountability (good thing)

Cons

Focus on a few things versus many given that will yield the best results; Too slow on the investment in marketing however it appears it is getting the attention now.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on core competencies and avoid being distracted with short-term opportunities. Communicate to the employees with full transparency on the business (good and bad).

Oct 2, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback. According to a recent benefit benchmarking survey provided by Sequoia Consulting Group, not only is our benefits package above average for companies of our size with the... More

"Product and culture"

Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A cool company to work for. Great technology and a diverse portfolio. I like working here. If you have a great idea people listen and the dev environment seems pretty agile. I had my doubts before joining but the tech is way ahead of Akamai and Cloudflare. Apart from one or two of the new managers the egos are not too high.

Cons

We need to make the product more stable. We also need to get better communication going on to improve our culture. This has come up a few times. If we all knew what was going on we could probably inject some cool ideas. I keep hearing about the culture in our London op. Can we learn more from those guys?

Advice to Management

It's really great technology. Don't get greedy though. Things could change. If it's the right time to sell and a good deal is on the table instead of an IPO then take the deal.

Sep 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Glad you decided to join us and even more glad to hear that you're enjoying it. I'd really like to hear your ideas on how to inject some cool ideas into our culture. Please drop me an email.

"A review on the company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch 3x a week, flexible schedule to work from home. Dog-friendly.

Cons

Communication is limited, the company is currently restructuring and doesn't spend money efficiently. They ask employees to write positive reviews on glassdoor and then pay them for doing so with a gift card.

Advice to Management

Communication in the company needs to improve along with spending/finances.

Sep 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback.
    I hope employees can see how much we're trying to work on communication - both quantity and quality of communication, and we will continue to do more.

I've been with... More

"Worst Company I've Ever worked for, keep your sanity!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with mostly.

Cons

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! RUN!

Management continues to use the same business strategies over and over and they continue to fail. Huge turnover in sales and marketing, not unusual for start-ups but in this case due to poor management decisions.

In addition Poor HR management- has no backbone or merit.

Advice to Management

Replace CEO and management team with more experienced personal. Transparency is key, keep your employees informed and treat them as investors in your company.

Sales needs new leadership with proven closers.

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The development process is of high standard, almost aligned to the big names like Google, Facebook.
    It's flexible and fast. No boring meetings. Everyone knows what to do.
    You can learn a lot technologies. The components are well segregated, it's easy to understand.

Cons

No annual bonus, which is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Keep going, make it!

"A gem of a startup to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- @ Instart, you'll get to interact and learn from co-workers who are smart as well as "very very approachable". My team has x-google, x-FB, x-Qualcomm, x-Amazon, x-Yahoo folks who are very level-headed and easy to work with.
    - Management allows for a good ramp up time. If you come in with the right "Frame of mind", there is a lot of support for you to get up to speed and succeed.
    - The technology my team is building at Instart is very unique and is the first of the kind in industry, so the quality of work - in terms of technologies I get to learn is top class.
    - Free lunches and loads of snacks, juices, etc.

Cons

- Again, free food. If you do not watch your eating, you'll put some pounds on in the first two months :-)
    - some kind of a decent gym facility or a good discount at a near by gym would be great.

Advice to Management

None at this point.

Jun 19, 2017 – Head of HR

Yes, the variety of snacks and drinks is great, but a problem for those of us lacking self control! ;-)
    We have an Equinox next to us in Palo Alto ($200/month fee), and we have a corporate rate at... More

"Luck to be here!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

Pros

Having worked at more than a handful of tech companies to compare, Instart Logic has the right blend of vision, technology, product, market timing, leadership and execution to make it a once in a lifetime opportunity. The success rate we're having with large and enterprise customers is phenomenal. I'm looking forward to the ride and if you're A+ talent that really makes a difference to a companies success - jump on board as fast as you can!

Cons

This is not so much a "con' as an opportunity to excel. We have the usual startup company growing pains. Not all the processes, procedures, tools are 100% in place or fully baked. If you have the flexibility or initiative to work on stuff like this, you can make a difference - and get recognized for your extra credit effort.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! More analysts involvement and more name recognition would be great.

"Full of energy, fast pacing company"

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

People are brilliant here, I always enjoy working with them, learning from them, hanging out with them.
    Management is strategic, constantly makes investments in new technologies, that brings more challenge and fun to routine work.
    Flexible schedule for engineers, lots of our folks are remote, covering multiple timezones.
    Open policy for self-education programs.

Cons

HQ location is in the center of Palo Alto, making commute painful for 90% of employees. Would be great to have a secondary location on East Bay.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, don't let them go.

"Truly Great Experience"

Current Employee - Support Engineer
    Current Employee - Support Engineer

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really Stellar Management
    Great Environment / Culture
    Very Flexible
    Work From Home
    Competitive Compensation
    Good Benefits
    Exciting and Revolutionary Products
    Generally Good Work/Life Balance

Cons

As with any startup, sometimes you'll have to put in extra time/effort to meet goals and bring success.

"Awesome place to work"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Instart Logic (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and great corporate environment. I learned a lot.

Cons

No cons; I loved working at Instart Logic.

Advice to Management

Management is doing an awesome job!