Instart Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital
Manav Mital

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've been working at Instart Logic for over a year now and I continue to be impressed by the dynamic work culture (in 18 reviews)

• Instart Logic is one of the few companies that demonstrates work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product (in 7 reviews)

• Lacks some organizational structure (typical start up growing pains) (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Instart has provided me with awesome coworkers, a comfortable and great working environment, and the opportunity to learn and grow as I strengthen my skill set daily

Cons

Traffic and your typical start up growing pains.

2. "Review of the Company as a whole"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

- the people - Instart Logic is a great opportunity to work with very nice and very intelligent people
    - benefits package is great - 401k match is almost unheard of for a company of our size!
    - Palo Alto team does a good job of coordinating fun, interactive events and happy hours
    - communication is improving tremendously with company-wide meetings held 2x per month
    - the type of environment where you don't need to jump through multiple hoops to get things done
    - a small, nimble organization means the opportunity for ownership on A LOT of projects - this can be overwhelming, but also rewarding

Cons

As previous reviews will tell, the company has hit a recent rough patch but better times are ahead (and near). Company is still figuring out which direction to go in a lot of aspects, but most of the necessary changes are being made. I'd say this is a critical time for the company - employees will either be nervous about the changes and "jump ship", or see this thing through!

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the bigger picture and the end goal. Do whatever is necessary to retain the high-quality employees, and act quickly when things start taking a negative turn, rather than waiting until a situation may be too-far-gone.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super smart & diverse group of people, challenging business-relevant problems to solve for customers, great benefits including 401k match

Cons

No shower, too much free (and not super healthy) food, sometimes communication is not the best

Advice to Management

Continue to focus heavily on customer satisfaction & enablement, especially for customers in target markets; invest more in people and processes that will maintain & grow the business and help customers succeed; work on establishing regular communications internally and externally with a focus on transparency.

4. "Great people, great technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture with a no jerks policy, nice smart people with no big egos. If problems occur everyone jumps in to help. The technology is really cool and they keep building new things to keep it interesting. Engaged customers.

Cons

Need better communication across the company, Need to allow for more input from people on the front lines when making decisions.

Advice to Management

All hands are great but maybe do more email updates in between with smaller updates.

5. "Amazing story, great pipeline, great product"

Current Employee - Major Account Exe in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Major Account Exe in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our story is easy to tell and the value proposition is compelling. We help our prospect drive up their revenue by up to 10%. Who doesn't want that?
    Our competitors are all talking about technical metrics to IT, we show line of business how we help them make money. It's easy to sell.

Cons

It's really busy so it can be hard to focus - I have lots of accounts to juggle.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and building amazing products, and I'll keep selling!

"An exciting company with good people and product"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people who work here enjoy working here. At a small company like this, people have a sense of ownership in their work and the ability to make an impact is huge. There's a solid sense of community and you don't feel like you're just another cog in the machine.

Cons

There's a lack of process and communication because people are trying to do everything at once. Pretty typical issues for a company at this stage.

Advice to Management

Get employee feedback more often and don't make decisions feel like they're always coming from the top down.

Oct 2, 2017 – Head of HR

Having a sense of ownership and impact is the biggest reason why people like you and I choose to be at smaller companies like Instart Logic. It's not for everyone, but those who enjoy the dynamic... More

"Great individual contributors, very poor management"

I worked at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Great culture, technology and learning opportunities. The company has really smart engineers, who are unfortunately very poorly managed by the management team. Also very good benefits for a startup. the company is operating in a space ripe for disruption

Cons

Engineering management is horrible - neither are they technically sound, nor are they able managers. They are very micromanaging - they serve more as obstacles rather than as support systems for engineers. Product execution is driven entirely by engineers. Management does not seem to have any accountability for wrong decisions. There seem to be a lot of uninspiring and incompetent people in management and as PMs.

Advice to Management

Have good feedback mechanisms and ensure upper management is accountable for their decisions and execution.

"Product and culture"

Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A cool company to work for. Great technology and a diverse portfolio. I like working here. If you have a great idea people listen and the dev environment seems pretty agile. I had my doubts before joining but the tech is way ahead of Akamai and Cloudflare. Apart from one or two of the new managers the egos are not too high.

Cons

We need to make the product more stable. We also need to get better communication going on to improve our culture. This has come up a few times. If we all knew what was going on we could probably inject some cool ideas. I keep hearing about the culture in our London op. Can we learn more from those guys?

Advice to Management

It's really great technology. Don't get greedy though. Things could change. If it's the right time to sell and a good deal is on the table instead of an IPO then take the deal.

Sep 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Glad you decided to join us and even more glad to hear that you're enjoying it. I'd really like to hear your ideas on how to inject some cool ideas into our culture. Please drop me an email.

9. "Progress, Momentum & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Understood and defined market segment that is thirsting for an alternative to legacy solutions. Unique technical approach and value proposition that can address many uses cases (platform solution) which will allow the company to scale. Pleased to see the investment in marketing (long overdue).

Recently cleaned house of "dead wood" and non-performers in the organization (It is obvious many of the negative reviews are from those employees).

401K matching and above average benefits for a start-up of this size; work life balance is great however there is a culture of accountability (good thing)

Cons

Focus on a few things versus many given that will yield the best results; Too slow on the investment in marketing however it appears it is getting the attention now.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on core competencies and avoid being distracted with short-term opportunities. Communicate to the employees with full transparency on the business (good and bad).

Oct 2, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback. According to a recent benefit benchmarking survey provided by Sequoia Consulting Group, not only is our benefits package above average for companies of our size with the... More

"IL Review"

I worked at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Great people, cool office, great perks

Cons

Poor communication, for a startup born in 2008, we are no way near the IPO track, need to focus more on how money is spent.

Advice to Management

Look at how your spending money. When an employee states something of concern, take it seriously- don't brush it off.