Instart Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital
Manav Mital

Pros
  • I recently joined Instart Logic and read all of the former reviews during my decision process of whether to accept a position or not (in 17 reviews)

• Generally Good Work/Life Balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any new company, growing pains are there (in 8 reviews)

• Sales, marketing and every other department has a lot of work to do to get the company to an IPO (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing steadily, with a very promising future"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. a steadily growing customer base, some are quite established in their industries
    2. work culture is laid-back
    3. diverse and kind environment
    4. steadily expanding company size

Cons

constantly changing management structure, which is not uncommon for startups

Advice to Management

keep improving brand recognition

Mar 22, 2017 – Head of HR

We are incredibly lucky to have such a "diverse and kind" work culture. Thank you for acknowledging this unique and defining aspect of our culture! Sometimes you don't realize just how important ... More

2. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The development process is of high standard, almost aligned to the big names like Google, Facebook.
    It's flexible and fast. No boring meetings. Everyone knows what to do.
    You can learn a lot technologies. The components are well segregated, it's easy to understand.

Cons

No annual bonus, which is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Keep going, make it!

3. "A gem of a startup to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- @ Instart, you'll get to interact and learn from co-workers who are smart as well as "very very approachable". My team has x-google, x-FB, x-Qualcomm, x-Amazon, x-Yahoo folks who are very level-headed and easy to work with.
    - Management allows for a good ramp up time. If you come in with the right "Frame of mind", there is a lot of support for you to get up to speed and succeed.
    - The technology my team is building at Instart is very unique and is the first of the kind in industry, so the quality of work - in terms of technologies I get to learn is top class.
    - Free lunches and loads of snacks, juices, etc.

Cons

- Again, free food. If you do not watch your eating, you'll put some pounds on in the first two months :-)
    - some kind of a decent gym facility or a good discount at a near by gym would be great.

Advice to Management

None at this point.

5. "On the IPO Track"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is doing to Akamai and the CDN market what Palo Alto Networks did to the Checkpoint and the Firewall market - that is we are turning the existing CDN systems into a commodity, and building a platform of value added applications on top.

Our sales people use this to sell business value into line of business - whereas existing CDNs are no value added infrastructure sold tactically into operations. We can literally walk in and have a discussion with a CFO, CMO, CRO or CIO about driving a 10% increase in digital revenue for a client - in weeks. What other technology firms have a story like this...

Cons

The company is rapidly growing - so lots of new people and lots of processes to work out to take the sand out of the gears.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - lots of focus on communications during this period of hyper growth.

"Full of professional, nice people"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great people, clear vision

Cons

lunch served only a few days a week

7. "Dishonest"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology? They were always coming up with a new bell and whistle.

Cons

They always tried to push the 20% faster story, but many times it was contrived. They tended not to pay the reps their full commission on larger deals. They touted their "best place to work" story from Glassdoor in presentations but it's an old story. They have had sold so much stock that there *must be a huge dilution of shares. Ask anyone how many outstanding shares there are and you'll get shown the door. No one but highest management knows, and rest are too afraid to ask. I never asked~ Tough to make number too. Very few reps did but a couple blew out their numbers.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Apr 14, 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for your comments. Not sure what you mean by contrived - we absolutely guarantee 20% faster performance than existing systems - not only do we fully stand behind it, we exceed it. Our ... More

"Solid Company w/ Big Potential"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The word “understated” comes to mind when I think about Instart Logic. The company has a ton of potential and is backed by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, but there is no overspending, overselling by recruiting team, or inflated egos like you might see at other promising tech companies. Decisions are made thoughtfully. The culture is great, but not shoved down your throat in an inauthentic way. The CEO cares a lot about the culture, and I think genuinely wants everyone to enjoy their work and have fun. People are super smart but humble.

Cons

The biggest challenge is differentiating itself among companies in the same space. It’s easily a better platform, with technology that does what other companies don’t do, but the name recognition isn’t there yet. Sales, marketing and every other department has a lot of work to do to get the company to an IPO. All the right pieces are in place and I think it’ll get there. The leadership team is still building and with the right hiring, I think this company will be big.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture. Continue to hire leaders who care about people and don't have big egos.

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

We're glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Instart Logic! Being surrounded by highly intelligent, ego-free people is a big part of what makes our culture great. Please feel free to reach out to ... More

9. "Fantastic Company!!!"

Current Employee - Worker Bee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Worker Bee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Instart Logic is on the brink of something HUGE!!!! You feel it in the air, and hear it in our meetings. We're onto something! Even our investors think we are the next big thing.
    We also have a nice collection of employees. Bright, sharp engineers, good leadership team, as well as support folk.

Cons

It may be end of the year madness, or because business is taking off at a rapid clip, but things are chaotic at times. I'm no sure it's any more drastic than other startups, but there seems to be a lack of planning at leadership level and it causes confusion and frustration at the lower levels. Sometimes it feels like we're on a roller coaster, going this way and that, but one thing I can say is that leadership has always been right in which direction to turn. Whether it's shifting focus on a particular product or hiring plans....they have not misstepped yet. So you have to embrace the ride! It's part of the fun.

Advice to Management

Instill some good planning process even if it's 6 months at a time. It will make things easier and less chaotic if we have at least a 6 month vision.

Mar 15, 2017 – Head of HR

There is definitely a buzz of excitement about Instart Logic! I'm glad you're enjoying "the ride." This year will be an important year for us. We hope to continue to improve in our ability to ... More

10. "Growing startup beginning to hit its stride"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Unbelievably smart people.

- A product and roadmap that the entire company believes in.

- A growing list of top enterprise customers.

- Diverse workplace

- Management is taking steps to hear employee feedback and address concerns, which is nice.

- Very flexible, open work culture. There is a high standard of work, but you are trusted to get it done in your own way.

Overall, this is a great company with a very promising future.

Cons

- Employees skew a bit more on the senior side (10+ years of experience). Could be a pro or con.
    - Workplace can be a bit quiet / laid back.

Most other cons I would have listed have been addressed over the last year.

Advice to Management

Take the recent employee survey to heart and continue to execute on the promises you have made about where we can improve.

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

The leadership team took the Engagement Survey feedback very seriously and I hope everyone notices our commitment to continuous improvement. We will continue to run surveys so that we can make ... More

11. "A Rewarding and Kind Place to Work"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great technology, challenging problems to solve, excellent growth path and a bright future. I have worked for many start ups, and Instart Logic has been by far the best experience I have had. The also seem to value hiring for diversity.

Cons

It is hard to think of anything to complain about ... no hot tub, no onsite massage, no onsite car washes, no free pedicures?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is refreshing to work at a company where the leadership team truly values diversity. Don't get your hopes up on the hot tub though. ;-)