Instart Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital
Manav Mital

Pros
  • I recently joined Instart Logic and read all of the former reviews during my decision process of whether to accept a position or not (in 17 reviews)

• Generally Good Work/Life Balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any new company, growing pains are there (in 8 reviews)

• Sales, marketing and every other department has a lot of work to do to get the company to an IPO (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Growing steadily, with a very promising future"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. a steadily growing customer base, some are quite established in their industries
    2. work culture is laid-back
    3. diverse and kind environment
    4. steadily expanding company size

Cons

constantly changing management structure, which is not uncommon for startups

Advice to Management

keep improving brand recognition

Instart Logic Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Head of HR

We are incredibly lucky to have such a "diverse and kind" work culture. Thank you for acknowledging this unique and defining aspect of our culture! Sometimes you don't realize just how important ... More

2. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The development process is of high standard, almost aligned to the big names like Google, Facebook.
    It's flexible and fast. No boring meetings. Everyone knows what to do.
    You can learn a lot technologies. The components are well segregated, it's easy to understand.

Cons

No annual bonus, which is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Keep going, make it!

3. "A gem of a startup to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- @ Instart, you'll get to interact and learn from co-workers who are smart as well as "very very approachable". My team has x-google, x-FB, x-Qualcomm, x-Amazon, x-Yahoo folks who are very level-headed and easy to work with.
    - Management allows for a good ramp up time. If you come in with the right "Frame of mind", there is a lot of support for you to get up to speed and succeed.
    - The technology my team is building at Instart is very unique and is the first of the kind in industry, so the quality of work - in terms of technologies I get to learn is top class.
    - Free lunches and loads of snacks, juices, etc.

Cons

- Again, free food. If you do not watch your eating, you'll put some pounds on in the first two months :-)
    - some kind of a decent gym facility or a good discount at a near by gym would be great.

Advice to Management

None at this point.

5. "On the IPO Track"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is doing to Akamai and the CDN market what Palo Alto Networks did to the Checkpoint and the Firewall market - that is we are turning the existing CDN systems into a commodity, and building a platform of value added applications on top.

Our sales people use this to sell business value into line of business - whereas existing CDNs are no value added infrastructure sold tactically into operations. We can literally walk in and have a discussion with a CFO, CMO, CRO or CIO about driving a 10% increase in digital revenue for a client - in weeks. What other technology firms have a story like this...

Cons

The company is rapidly growing - so lots of new people and lots of processes to work out to take the sand out of the gears.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - lots of focus on communications during this period of hyper growth.

"Awesome upside here!"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Instart Logic and read all of the former reviews during my decision process of whether to accept a position or not. What these reviews suggested were: 1. Great technology. 2. Really smart people without egos. 3. Defined marketplace using old technology. What I have found so far is exactly this combination and I'm excited about my future at this company. The one surprise - employees really care for each other and for the company's overall success.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter you might struggle at first since the on-boarding process is not clearly defined. However everyone is more than willing to help - just ask.

Advice to Management

Stay on course with the message - it is resonating with customers and prospects

"Sales Operations"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Outstanding leadership and teaming across departments. Really proud to be on this team.

Cons

We're small, every day you will be asked to do multiple things at the same time. You should have experience with this sort of thing.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication open, it will take us far

8. "Dishonest"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology? They were always coming up with a new bell and whistle.

Cons

They always tried to push the 20% faster story, but many times it was contrived. They tended not to pay the reps their full commission on larger deals. They touted their "best place to work" story from Glassdoor in presentations but it's an old story. They have had sold so much stock that there *must be a huge dilution of shares. Ask anyone how many outstanding shares there are and you'll get shown the door. No one but highest management knows, and rest are too afraid to ask. I never asked~ Tough to make number too. Very few reps did but a couple blew out their numbers.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Instart Logic Response

Apr 14, 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for your comments. Not sure what you mean by contrived - we absolutely guarantee 20% faster performance than existing systems - not only do we fully stand behind it, we exceed it. Our ... More

"Hang on to your hats, folks!"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative, cutting edge products
    People - talent, ethic and drive the best I've ever experienced in 20 yrs in the business
    Fast-paced, never boring
    Lots of room to grow, contribute, learn and earn

Cons

This is a start-up. That's not a con for me, but it may be for you. If you want career guidance and your hand held, keep looking. If you want to make your mark then this could be the place for you.

EMEA team is in growth mode and the time commitment can be very intense - you need to take care of yourself and know when to say no.

Typical EMEA >< US culture issues require maintenance - energy that could be better spent selling, implementing and growing business. Again, it's not something that needs solving, but it's a drain sometimes.

Advice to Management

Product, Product, Product. We very much hold the view that customer is king/queen, so get out there and get the customer feedback and keep the lines of communication open. We build trust when we delight, not when we surprise.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, product, leadership and definitely going places. An enjoyable place to work with professional and friendly people. Lots of energy for success.

Cons

Can not think of any.

"Full of professional, nice people"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, great people, clear vision

Cons

lunch served only a few days a week