Instart Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

Instart Logic Reviews

Updated January 3, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've been working at Instart Logic for over a year now and I continue to be impressed by the dynamic work culture (in 18 reviews)

• Instart Logic is one of the few companies that demonstrates work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product (in 7 reviews)

• Lacks some organizational structure (typical start up growing pains) (in 9 reviews)

"IL Review"

I worked at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Great people, cool office, great perks

Cons

Poor communication, for a startup born in 2008, we are no way near the IPO track, need to focus more on how money is spent.

Advice to Management

Look at how your spending money. When an employee states something of concern, take it seriously- don't brush it off.

2. "new review, old employee"

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Normal start up highs and lows. People don't always have the stomach for it and can't always look at the longer term perspective. Great team. Taken care of with benefits and food, etc.

Cons

We're in a low right now, but I'm hopeful.

Advice to Management

Get the right leaders in place - that's key!

"A review on the company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch 3x a week, flexible schedule to work from home. Dog-friendly.

Cons

Communication is limited, the company is currently restructuring and doesn't spend money efficiently. They ask employees to write positive reviews on glassdoor and then pay them for doing so with a gift card.

Advice to Management

Communication in the company needs to improve along with spending/finances.

Sep 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback.
    I hope employees can see how much we're trying to work on communication - both quantity and quality of communication, and we will continue to do more.

I've been with... More

"Worst Company I've Ever worked for, keep your sanity!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with mostly.

Cons

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! RUN!

Management continues to use the same business strategies over and over and they continue to fail. Huge turnover in sales and marketing, not unusual for start-ups but in this case due to poor management decisions.

In addition Poor HR management- has no backbone or merit.

Advice to Management

Replace CEO and management team with more experienced personal. Transparency is key, keep your employees informed and treat them as investors in your company.

Sales needs new leadership with proven closers.

"Best Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Instart Logic for over a year now and I continue to be impressed by the dynamic work culture. The company has grown significantly over the year, which means, even more, fun work events such as attending athletic games, summer cookouts, themed weekly happy hours, etc. Instart Logic is one of the few companies that demonstrates work-life balance. No matter where you work, there will be times of intensity but there is something to be said for a company who understands there is a life outside of work. I feel so lucky to be part of such a fast-paced work environment that is continuing to outshine competitors and who has proved itself to the market.

Cons

I have not one complaint yet!

Advice to Management

The senior management team does a great job in communicating and including everyone in company updates and exciting news to keep everyone onboard. We have a strong management team who have proven how important it is to have an enthusiastic and motivated group of people working together to create one cohesive work environment.

"Exceptional company with exceptional people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Opportunity to work with some of the most talented engineers in the valley
    - Creativity, Smarts and Persistence is valued and rewarded
    - Sr Leadership team is very approachable and humble. This starts with the CEO and permeates the culture of the company

Cons

None despite racking my brain- Instart has been really good to me!

Advice to Management

Reward high performing employees as they have many choices in the valley and it's hard to secure and retain good talent.

Jun 19, 2017 – Head of HR

I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying your career at Instart Logic so far.
    We are really proud of the caliber of people we've been able to attract, and they're nice and humble too! We've got the... More

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The development process is of high standard, almost aligned to the big names like Google, Facebook.
    It's flexible and fast. No boring meetings. Everyone knows what to do.
    You can learn a lot technologies. The components are well segregated, it's easy to understand.

Cons

No annual bonus, which is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Keep going, make it!

"Sales Operations"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

Outstanding leadership and teaming across departments. Really proud to be on this team.

Cons

We're small, every day you will be asked to do multiple things at the same time. You should have experience with this sort of thing.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication open, it will take us far

"Awesome upside here!"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Instart Logic and read all of the former reviews during my decision process of whether to accept a position or not. What these reviews suggested were: 1. Great technology. 2. Really smart people without egos. 3. Defined marketplace using old technology. What I have found so far is exactly this combination and I'm excited about my future at this company. The one surprise - employees really care for each other and for the company's overall success.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter you might struggle at first since the on-boarding process is not clearly defined. However everyone is more than willing to help - just ask.

Advice to Management

Stay on course with the message - it is resonating with customers and prospects

"A gem of a startup to work for"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- @ Instart, you'll get to interact and learn from co-workers who are smart as well as "very very approachable". My team has x-google, x-FB, x-Qualcomm, x-Amazon, x-Yahoo folks who are very level-headed and easy to work with.
    - Management allows for a good ramp up time. If you come in with the right "Frame of mind", there is a lot of support for you to get up to speed and succeed.
    - The technology my team is building at Instart is very unique and is the first of the kind in industry, so the quality of work - in terms of technologies I get to learn is top class.
    - Free lunches and loads of snacks, juices, etc.

Cons

- Again, free food. If you do not watch your eating, you'll put some pounds on in the first two months :-)
    - some kind of a decent gym facility or a good discount at a near by gym would be great.

Advice to Management

None at this point.

Jun 19, 2017 – Head of HR

Yes, the variety of snacks and drinks is great, but a problem for those of us lacking self control! ;-)
    We have an Equinox next to us in Palo Alto ($200/month fee), and we have a corporate rate at... More