Instart Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

Instart Logic Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • I recently joined Instart Logic and read all of the former reviews during my decision process of whether to accept a position or not (in 17 reviews)

• Generally Good Work/Life Balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any new company, growing pains are there (in 8 reviews)

• Sales, marketing and every other department has a lot of work to do to get the company to an IPO (in 3 reviews)

1. "A Rewarding and Kind Place to Work"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great technology, challenging problems to solve, excellent growth path and a bright future. I have worked for many start ups, and Instart Logic has been by far the best experience I have had. The also seem to value hiring for diversity.

Cons

It is hard to think of anything to complain about ... no hot tub, no onsite massage, no onsite car washes, no free pedicures?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Instart Logic Response

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is refreshing to work at a company where the leadership team truly values diversity. Don't get your hopes up on the hot tub though. ;-)

"High and low!"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very much a typical startup, which is a good thing! They offer free meals and a fully stocked kitchen with both healthy and non-healthy options to snack on. There are happy hours and company events that everyone is encouraged to participate in. You get to work with really smart people. It’s a cool office with an open floor plan. And it’s a great product!

Cons

So much attrition. Once you start to successfully work with someone and feel like progress is being made, it changes. Or you’ll hear about how we are changing our strategy and focus, and then it changes. Not a lot of consistency. It’s hard to form any work relationships because of this or trust in what the management team is telling you.

Advice to Management

It’s apparent that the management team struggles with successful hiring. We hire what seem to be very talented individuals and are told how important of an impact they will make, but then they disappear. A few people have brought to my attention that it’s once they near their one year anniversary, so not sure if that’s their way of keeping them from vesting their first year of stock, or we just don’t know how to hire. My guess is it’s a mixture of both. I think the CEO needs to take some ownership of these decisions since he's a big part of them.

Instart Logic Response

Nov 20, 2016 – Head of HR

Thank you for sharing this review. I agree, hiring and keeping the right people is absolutely key to growing an organization! I've only been here 4 months so I can't speak to past hiring behavior or ... More

3. "Employee Review"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Burlington, MA

Pros

The company has great work culture and dynamic relationship between all employees across all office spaces. The environment is fast past and requires an ambitious mentality among all employees. In terms of success, there is nothing like it the market now. No matter what your level expertise is, the company is a great place to work! New challenges arise everyday so it is essential that all employees are self-dedicated and determined to tackle anything.

Cons

No complaints about the company. If you are not a start-up person, this might not be the place for you right now. However, this does not mean that there is no future for you at Instart Logic.

"Full of energy, fast pacing company"

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

People are brilliant here, I always enjoy working with them, learning from them, hanging out with them.
    Management is strategic, constantly makes investments in new technologies, that brings more challenge and fun to routine work.
    Flexible schedule for engineers, lots of our folks are remote, covering multiple timezones.
    Open policy for self-education programs.

Cons

HQ location is in the center of Palo Alto, making commute painful for 90% of employees. Would be great to have a secondary location on East Bay.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, don't let them go.

6. "Instart Logic is second to none!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Instart Logic (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture & phenomenal leadership team. The company is shooting for the stars, and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be apart of the journey. Our technology is truly changing application delivery. From top to bottom the entire company is on a mission to succeed. Management is personable and available, and they are assessable to anyone at the company. Specifically in the Northeast, the team feels like a family, and our AVP sincerely cares about our success. "Burn the boats!"

Cons

I can't think of any cons - my experience has been great!

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing; I can't even begin to describe how much I admire our management team & our focus on success. As management has said, for a business to succeed you need to have a huge market opportunity, best in class products, and a world class team - from what I can tell you've built all three. Continue to build on our past victories, and I know we are headed for great things!

7. "Fantastic Market, People, Product, and Culture!"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think the title says it all. Instart is going after a very large fast growing market and taking it by storm. The people are top quality and have a lot of experience. The product is innovative, it works, and it adds real value. Lastly, the culture is the best of any startup I have worked for in my career. Great senior leadership who help to build a culture of positivity, high expectations, and big rewards.

Cons

Fast moving startup, so be adaptable to change; however, that is no different than any other startup out there.

Advice to Management

Continue building a culture of excellence!

8. "Awesome place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced technology leaders in a great market with great people

Cons

none that come to mind

9. "Right product + right timing + focused leadership"

Current Employee - Vice President of Technical Services in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Technical Services in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have the right set of products with the right timing in the marketplace to truly disrupt the legacy CDN space. They are positioned as a premium product--let all those other competitors bash their brains out on the do-it-yourself portion of the market which is a race to the bottom. In a world where legacy CDN features are commoditized and tomorrow is all about the interconnected world/Internet-of-things/etc., Instart has great positioning and is at the right growth stage to really win this part of the market.

Cons

It all comes down to execution. Spending the money on the right things in the right order to win the best accounts that create a virtuous cycle. That results in a lot of chaos, and a lot of connecting-the-dots afterwards, so communication isn't the best but it's getting better as more seasoned people join.

Advice to Management

Very good at setting clear direction. Do less and make sure the things we are doing are the most critical to the top most important customers we need to win.

10. "Beginning of the hockey stick"

Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Major Account Executive in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have a great product and market opportunity, great office, pays well, and huge opportunity to make good money and make history

Cons

It has the challenges of any start up, which is not for everyone, but the leadership team knows what needs to change and it's just a matter of time before we are firing on all cylinders

Advice to Management

I'd advise to continue to build out business development to grow top of the funnel and market penetration, as well as post sales so we can continue to support the large enterprises we are signing

"Good Company, Great People"

Former Employee - SDR - Sales Ops - Business Development in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - SDR - Sales Ops - Business Development in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was extremely happy when I left Instart, and left only to enter a different career path. I highly recommend the company to anyone considering working there.

- The upside of the product is very, very high. They are working on some huge things that could be very disruptive. Honestly the product is already good, but what I found exciting was the upside of what it can really become.
    - The people who work there are fun to be around, kind, and incredibly smart. The company has undergone a pretty thorough personnel revamp in the last year or so and I highly respect the people that have been brought in. I will miss my co-workers, they made it enjoyable to go to work everyday.
    - Free lunch at least 3 days a week. It's good too.
    - Flexible management was always understanding when I had to miss time. At the end of the day, they just care that you get the job done.
    - Management was very accessible, despite being absurdly busy all the time. I think a company usually reflects the people at the top make the larger decisions, and I have great respect and faith in Instart's management.
    - There is room for growth within the company. If you prove that you're smart and capable, the company will do what it can to figure out where you will be both happy and valuable.

Cons

- It's a startup, so for better or worse things change quickly. This should fall under the pro category as well, but there were certainly times when I disagreed with the changes or didn't approve of how they were handled.
    - Collaboration between departments needs to improve. This has been made a priority recently and I think it will help, but for a time it caused problems.
    - Location had some downsides. Because a lot of people live up in the city or down in San Jose, it was hard to get people to stick around after work. For this reason, most of the friendships I made were contained to the office.
    - There are a couple parts of the product that would benefit from further development or a greater sales/marketing push, but it's a startup so the company has to choose what to prioritize. Instart is competing with an enormous, well-established company that has far greater resources, and that makes things tough sometimes (even though Instart's product is better).

Advice to Management

Continue down the path you're heading. The priorities set recently seem like the right ones, and I'm incredibly excited to see the company grow.