Instart Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

Instart Logic Reviews

Updated November 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've been working at Instart Logic for over a year now and I continue to be impressed by the dynamic work culture (in 18 reviews)

• Instart Logic is one of the few companies that demonstrates work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product (in 7 reviews)

• Lacks some organizational structure (typical start up growing pains) (in 9 reviews)

"Dishonest"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology? They were always coming up with a new bell and whistle.

Cons

They always tried to push the 20% faster story, but many times it was contrived. They tended not to pay the reps their full commission on larger deals. They touted their "best place to work" story from Glassdoor in presentations but it's an old story. They have had sold so much stock that there *must be a huge dilution of shares. Ask anyone how many outstanding shares there are and you'll get shown the door. No one but highest management knows, and rest are too afraid to ask. I never asked~ Tough to make number too. Very few reps did but a couple blew out their numbers.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Apr 14, 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer

Thank you for your comments. Not sure what you mean by contrived - we absolutely guarantee 20% faster performance than existing systems - not only do we fully stand behind it, we exceed it. Our... More

"Solid Company w/ Big Potential"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The word “understated” comes to mind when I think about Instart Logic. The company has a ton of potential and is backed by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley, but there is no overspending, overselling by recruiting team, or inflated egos like you might see at other promising tech companies. Decisions are made thoughtfully. The culture is great, but not shoved down your throat in an inauthentic way. The CEO cares a lot about the culture, and I think genuinely wants everyone to enjoy their work and have fun. People are super smart but humble.

Cons

The biggest challenge is differentiating itself among companies in the same space. It’s easily a better platform, with technology that does what other companies don’t do, but the name recognition isn’t there yet. Sales, marketing and every other department has a lot of work to do to get the company to an IPO. All the right pieces are in place and I think it’ll get there. The leadership team is still building and with the right hiring, I think this company will be big.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture. Continue to hire leaders who care about people and don't have big egos.

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

We're glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Instart Logic! Being surrounded by highly intelligent, ego-free people is a big part of what makes our culture great. Please feel free to reach out to... More

"Growing steadily, with a very promising future"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. a steadily growing customer base, some are quite established in their industries
    2. work culture is laid-back
    3. diverse and kind environment
    4. steadily expanding company size

Cons

constantly changing management structure, which is not uncommon for startups

Advice to Management

keep improving brand recognition

Mar 22, 2017 – Head of HR

We are incredibly lucky to have such a "diverse and kind" work culture. Thank you for acknowledging this unique and defining aspect of our culture! Sometimes you don't realize just how... More

"Growing startup beginning to hit its stride"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Unbelievably smart people.

- A product and roadmap that the entire company believes in.

- A growing list of top enterprise customers.

- Diverse workplace

- Management is taking steps to hear employee feedback and address concerns, which is nice.

- Very flexible, open work culture. There is a high standard of work, but you are trusted to get it done in your own way.

Overall, this is a great company with a very promising future.

Cons

- Employees skew a bit more on the senior side (10+ years of experience). Could be a pro or con.
    - Workplace can be a bit quiet / laid back.

Most other cons I would have listed have been addressed over the last year.

Advice to Management

Take the recent employee survey to heart and continue to execute on the promises you have made about where we can improve.

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

The leadership team took the Engagement Survey feedback very seriously and I hope everyone notices our commitment to continuous improvement. We will continue to run surveys so that we can make... More

"Great company, bright future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership earns your respect, customers love our groundbreaking technology and everyone is excited about the future. What's great is that our products deliver as advertised. It's a good feeling coming into work every day.

Cons

Everything runs fast and change is constant. We're an obscure company right now. Of course everyone is here because they like to run fast and no one thinks we're going to be obscure for long.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. We like the vision, we like the customer focus and we like the caliber and quality of people that are being hired.

"A Rewarding and Kind Place to Work"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great technology, challenging problems to solve, excellent growth path and a bright future. I have worked for many start ups, and Instart Logic has been by far the best experience I have had. The also seem to value hiring for diversity.

Cons

It is hard to think of anything to complain about ... no hot tub, no onsite massage, no onsite car washes, no free pedicures?

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Feb 8, 2017 – Head of HR

Thank you for your review. It is refreshing to work at a company where the leadership team truly values diversity. Don't get your hopes up on the hot tub though. ;-)

"Company with great potential"

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time

Pros

* Get to work with the best engineers in the industry
    * Company has made tremendous effort to make decision making more transparent
    * Cutting edge technology, way ahead of competitors by at least 2 years.
    * Honors and respects its female employees.
    * Free food!

Cons

* Company is moving too fast at times giving an illusion that it has lost focus (it has not!)

Advice to Management

* Management needs to respect opinions of engineers from time to time. They are right sometimes.
    * Speed up the hiring process please. We need more people.

8. "Awesome place to work"

Pros

Awesome People. Well Defined Strategies.

Cons

Nothing much to say as of now.

"Luck to be here!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer

Pros

Having worked at more than a handful of tech companies to compare, Instart Logic has the right blend of vision, technology, product, market timing, leadership and execution to make it a once in a lifetime opportunity. The success rate we're having with large and enterprise customers is phenomenal. I'm looking forward to the ride and if you're A+ talent that really makes a difference to a companies success - jump on board as fast as you can!

Cons

This is not so much a "con' as an opportunity to excel. We have the usual startup company growing pains. Not all the processes, procedures, tools are 100% in place or fully baked. If you have the flexibility or initiative to work on stuff like this, you can make a difference - and get recognized for your extra credit effort.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! More analysts involvement and more name recognition would be great.

10. "Sales"

Pros

Innovative company with their eyes on the ball.

Cons

Lots of transition but expected for a company at this stage of growth.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, continue transparency.