Instart Logic Technical Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Instart Logic CEO and Founder Manav Mital
Manav Mital

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I've been working at Instart Logic for over a year now and I continue to be impressed by the dynamic work culture (in 18 reviews)

• Instart Logic is one of the few companies that demonstrates work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product (in 7 reviews)

• Lacks some organizational structure (typical start up growing pains) (in 9 reviews)

"Product and culture"

Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A cool company to work for. Great technology and a diverse portfolio. I like working here. If you have a great idea people listen and the dev environment seems pretty agile. I had my doubts before joining but the tech is way ahead of Akamai and Cloudflare. Apart from one or two of the new managers the egos are not too high.

Cons

We need to make the product more stable. We also need to get better communication going on to improve our culture. This has come up a few times. If we all knew what was going on we could probably inject some cool ideas. I keep hearing about the culture in our London op. Can we learn more from those guys?

Advice to Management

It's really great technology. Don't get greedy though. Things could change. If it's the right time to sell and a good deal is on the table instead of an IPO then take the deal.

Instart Logic Response

Sep 12, 2017 – Head of HR

Glad you decided to join us and even more glad to hear that you're enjoying it. I'd really like to hear your ideas on how to inject some cool ideas into our culture. Please drop me an email.

"Right product + right timing + focused leadership"

Current Employee - Vice President of Technical Services in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Technical Services in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have the right set of products with the right timing in the marketplace to truly disrupt the legacy CDN space. They are positioned as a premium product--let all those other competitors bash their brains out on the do-it-yourself portion of the market which is a race to the bottom. In a world where legacy CDN features are commoditized and tomorrow is all about the interconnected world/Internet-of-things/etc., Instart has great positioning and is at the right growth stage to really win this part of the market.

Cons

It all comes down to execution. Spending the money on the right things in the right order to win the best accounts that create a virtuous cycle. That results in a lot of chaos, and a lot of connecting-the-dots afterwards, so communication isn't the best but it's getting better as more seasoned people join.

Advice to Management

Very good at setting clear direction. Do less and make sure the things we are doing are the most critical to the top most important customers we need to win.

3. "Instart Logic: a terrific place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Instart Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a classic start-up environment but with the best execution I've ever seen. The developers are heavy on the technical chops but there's no egomania. The exec team is great, the network operations team is amazing. They are fielding a potentially game-changing technology to deliver websites with better performance, and getting great customer traction. Never before been in a start-up that within a year of emerging from stealth not only has paying customers, but has had a five-fold increase in the customer list in that time. The combination of something truly new in the space, the quality of the staff, and the attention we're getting keeps working here exciting and promising. Pay is good, benefits are good.

Cons

Some of the classic downsides - always too much work to do and not enough people to do it - but that could apply to any tech company of any size, not just a startup. The current office has also kind of reached its handling capacity, which makes it a little hard, especially when you need a conference room or need to use the bathroom -- but the management is actively seeking new quarters.