Instart Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 164 reviews

3.7
Instart CEO Sumit Dhawan
Sumit Dhawan
Pros
  • "It's rare to find a place where work/life balance is valued and actually enforced(in 9 reviews)

• "Free lunch 3x a week, flexible schedule to work from home(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Usual start-up growing pains such as innovating at pace while consolidating the product(in 7 reviews)

• "We have the usual startup company growing pains(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the very beginning, I've felt welcomed among my peers at Instart. There's definitely a culture of inclusion and really easy going people who are pleasant to work with. It's rare to find a place where work/life balance is valued and actually enforced.

Cons

There are a few kinks to work out (typical of any growing company) in terms of org structure and process, but I feel optimistic about the growth and future of Instart.

2. "Great team, exciting technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

From the day I set foot in the office, the people have been outstanding. For me, this is a top factor in my work happiness. It is also fun to be part of a dynamic company that is going through a lot of change and I enjoy being part of that. No day is like the previous and it is great to be able to work on multiple things. Finally, I find the benefits to be top notch!

Cons

With change comes a lot of work. But, the teams support each other and we all get through it together as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

3. "Great Technology, great company with experienced leadership"

• Overall

I have been working at Instart full-time

Pros

- great technology to address next generation web performance, tags, ads and security needs - great talent to work with - experienced leadership, very action and results oriented - focused with right strategy

Cons

- Need effort on Self serviceability

4. "Change is good!"

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

There has been a lot of changes in the organization over the past year, and now we have a great team, striving towards success! Great collaborative colleagues, no politics- which is very rare! and lots of enthusiasm and energy!

Cons

Not everything is clear as yet, executive team are working on alignment and strategic plans and goals, once this has been defined, everyone will be able to go full steam ahead!

Advice to Management

Be open and communicate clear goals and direction.

"Challenges"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Experienced, stable and mature executive management team Great visibility and accuracy to the business (results and outlook) by CFO and VP of Sales.....these guys are telling it the way it is.... Great benefits with matching 401K Free lunches Happy hour on Thursdays helps with morale Not jerks and large egos anymore here

Cons

Service and product stability continues which is impact customers renewing From what I see there is no brand awareness and partnerships to help sales team

Advice to Management

Fix the product stability issues then focus on innovation

6. "It's great! Busy, but great."

Current Employee - Private in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

I'm pretty new to Instart. I like the people I get to work with every day. There's plenty to do! You won't get bored. All the creature comforts you could ask for. It's just a nice, busy place to be.

Cons

I can't think of any. If I were to nit-pick, there's more work than I can get to constantly, but that provides me with job security so I can't call it a con.

Advice to Management

Doesn't look like our CEO and CFO need advice from me!

"It's too late to turn the ship around..."

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people thru company. Not too many jerks Great company benefits including matching 401k Free food, drinks and snacks Kind of cool technology Great investors with lots of money raised New CEO has nice energy but seems to rely on alot of people who got us to this situation

Cons

Pretty much no brand in the market..hard to get meetings or calls set-up Zero partnerships that bring value to the company- getting killed by competitors on this side of the business Many employees who should have been fired or left as their time spent is useless..if you've been at a start-up more then 4 years, time to go (unless it turns out to be a huge success). Otherwise make same mistakes over and over and over...

"Full Time Employee"

Current Employee - Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Instart has made significant strides recently in every meaningful metric, from revenue generation to employee engagement. This is largely attributable to a shift in strategy and a lot of hard work being done by all teams. The recent additions of new leadership appears to also have been a catalyst for reinvigorating enthusiasm and engagement. In my experience, I would describe the company culture as, "Intelligent"....

Cons

The main thing to keep in mind here is that winning takes work. The faint of heart need not apply. Most everyone has too much on their plate and this is even more true among the leaders in every business unit. Trying to make significant pivots takes a lot of work and the current pace is not sustainable. The good news is that this is fixable by bringing in key team members that are motivated to win.

Advice to Management

Keep driving in the new direction. Continue to play to win. Moving the flywheel can feel slow at first, but the momentum will compound. I think two years from now, a lot of people will be wishing they had joined at this point in the company's growth.

"Innovate tech, nice people, new energy"

Current Employee - Product in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Instart has some really great technology and IP, good people and a no jerks policy make for a nice working environment. Big name customers that love the service. Recent outside CEO coming in to help with growth has been really positive.

Cons

It's a smaller company so you should be prepared to do multiple jobs and feel stretched from time to time.

Advice to Management

Think about more focus as we have a lot going on

"So glad I'm at Instart"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Instart full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

We are making the Internet better for hundreds of millions of people Great technology, scalable platform, challenging problems to solve We work with amazing customers - you've heard of most of them Good smart leadership, open communication. Nice smart people in the office. Free lunch three days a week, amazing snacks and drinks in kitchen

Cons

Always too much to do - you have to prioritize. Not always a ton of structure - you need to be comfortable "figuring it out" on your own. Still need the source code for the coffee machine to make sure it's GDPR compliant.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - this company is going to change the world. And hire faster - I heard there are 30 open jobs!

Found 164 reviews