Institute of Reading Development Enrolment Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Enrolment Coordinator

Create your profile to get personalized information

Institute of Reading Development Enrollment Coordinator Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

3.2
Institute of Reading Development CEO Doug Evans (no image)
Doug Evans
  1. "Great Company and Program."

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Troy, MI

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Institute of Reading Development is a remarkable company to be employed by. They offer effective training and support throughout your employment and not just at the offset. They are an honest and caring organization that have lasted as long as they have as an institution due to their scruples and mission to help people. You get a genuine sense that they seek to do good by their employees and in turn you... naturally feel a duty to do good by them. The work itself is very rewarding for anyone with an innate streak of altruism looking to help others in their quest for literacy. I enjoy my remote seasonal position with the institute. It allows me to work in solitude, do something positive for others, avoid the burdens and frustrations of commuting, and live in privacy while still maintaining contact with other people. The pay is very fair with a commission structure that allows for a living wage for those that produce results. I have a background in sales but this position feels nothing like a sales position. This is truly the best "job" I've ever had.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Maintain the positive momentum, core values, and mission of the institute. Salud.

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-31
  2. "Enrollment Coordinator (Seasonal)"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Novato, CA

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling, easy to request time off, solid training, work from home, the only item I needed to purchase (besides computer and internet) was a quality head set/microphone, you reap what you sow, if you do well it opens doors for additional projects and extended employment, supervisors are readily available to discuss concerns, friendly and supportive staff, very fair pay schedule, free classes earned for... self and one family member, ability to help children who are struggling to succeed and provide a challenge for the advanced students, variety of programs (especially the self-paced program for students who are years behind in reading).

Cons

seasonal employment, no benefits, expect to be hung up on for no reason, be able to deal with customer behavior/demeanor without taking anything personally.

Advice to Management

continue the solid training

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-31
  3. "Enrollment Coordinator"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator

Pros

Working from home. Great conversations with parents. Good money for what it is. Excellent training. Reading the whiny reviews on here is entertainment in itself.

Cons

Seasonal work. Sales app still needs work. Would love a reliable dashboard.

Advice to Management

The training meetings are really helpful. I benefit from hearing the best coordinators tell us what they're doing in their calls.

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-30
  4. "Great Place to Work"

Former Contractor - Enrollment Coordinator in Novato, CA

I worked at Institute of Reading Development for more than a year

Pros

The Institute is a fantastic place to work. It is seasonal work as they sell reading programs to children for the summer. I think the sales season goes from about March to August. I have worked for them twice as an Enrollment Coordinator and enjoyed it both times. It is scripted sales and can be challenging, but the pay is decent, they provide great training and support, and it feels really good to be helping... parents and children to read better. It is work from home with very flexible hours. Good incentives and commissions.

Cons

Biggest con is the the fact that it is seasonal. They have core full time employees, but the EC position is seasonal so it cannot be a year round job.

Advice to Management

Continue handling things as you have, it is organized, friendly and effective

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-30
  5. "Enrollment Coordinator"

Former Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Arlington, TX

I worked at Institute of Reading Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reasonable salary and commission based on requirements

Cons

This is hard: I had a position there that I truly loved and woke up each day with enthusiasm and ultimate goal of helping others. I thought I finally found the job of my dreams and had a purpose. One day I accidentally hung up on a caller. I did not realize I had hearing loss from a violent incident/concussion. I misunderstood what the caller said to me. It was only after listening to the recorded call at a... higher volume that I realized what I has done in not hearing what that caller said and was able to recognize my hearing loss. Because that caller escalated to partner level, no one even offered me chance to explain or make amends. I felt they needed scapegoat--big business.

Advice to Management

none--big business and your overall income more important than one really dedicated and proven employee

Institute of Reading Development2017-09-06

"Mediocre Job- Good for the right kind of person"

Former Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good if you are pretty desperate for income. Not for most.

Cons

As a teacher and tutor for the last 7 years, I was intrigued by this work from home opportunity. Overall, this job ended up being disappointing to me. I did not enjoy being chained to my computer as you are with this job. Your stats are negatively effected when you do not answer an incoming call, so I experienced many days where I was too nervous to even run to the restroom for fear of missing a call. The breaks... that you are scheduled are too short and too infrequent. I was one of the last to be let go for the summer sales season and my supervisor let me know that I had a great first selling season. My closing ratio was consistently in the top quarter and top half, but my hours were frequently cut due to slow call volumes. The second my numbers began to drop, my supervisor would come into my headset wanting to discuss every detail/reason my numbers were dropping. I do understand that some could view this as a good thing, but as I stated, I performed pretty well, so many times these meeting were much to premature. I thought the job was extremely monotonous and pushy in terms of sales. Just not for certain types of people who don't love pushing people to buy something they clearly cannot afford at the moment. The pay is nothing like what is stated, even when you are selling. Too many families refund or too many classes end up cancelling so this takes away dramatically from the money that you make ( or your hours get cut).

Advice to Management

Be more realistic and not so narrow minded in your ways. Give more encouragement to employees. Also, be more upfront with how the company works. Let employees know how cutthroat everything is so that they aren't having unrealistic expectations regarding the job.

Institute of Reading Development2017-08-28

"IRD asks you to submit a positive review when the conduct their re-hire interview"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in San Diego, CA

Pros

It's an okay job. You can make decent money working from home.

Cons

Managers play favorites. Seasoned employees cheat and transfer calls that they don't think will close. They will capture the customers information just in case you close the call, so that they get the commission. It will affect your performance stats.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing experienced EC's to cheat the people behind them in the cue.

Institute of Reading Development2017-09-01
  8. "Dismissed at the end of training"

Former Contractor - Enrollment Coordinator

I worked at Institute of Reading Development

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

Expected to learn a great deal of technology and information in a very short time.

Institute of Reading Development2017-05-08

"Very thorough and professional!!"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the point of interview to training to work support, this company is legitimate and professional! Love it!!

Cons

Starts off seasonal. The program is promoted seasonally, so the position begins as a seasonal position. Based on your performance, you will be asked to stay on doing other tasks, or return next season.

Advice to Management

None. They are fantastic!!

Institute of Reading Development2017-03-25
  10. "Enrollment Coordinator"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training is top of the line - very thorough. The opportunity to make a very good income for a seasonal job is awesome. I like doing work that has meaning and purpose, that actually affects lives in a positive way. Also enjoy the interaction with people from all walks of life. Calls are inbound.

Cons

Don'the know whether this really belongs here, but it can get very hectic during the busy season. This though, is also an opportunity to increase income.

Institute of Reading Development2017-02-24