Institute of Reading Development Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Evans

Pros
  • A legitimate work from home job (in 86 reviews)

• This company offers a very worthwhile product you can be proud to offer, there is no cold calling, and the technology is great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a seasonal position from Feb-July each year (in 14 reviews)

• Full-time and advancement hard to come by (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The most intelligent and compassionate company I've ever had the privilege to work for."

Former Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Reading Teacher in Riverside, CA

I worked at Institute of Reading Development part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Warm and direct guidance on becoming an effective teacher, excellent pay, high standards, great co-workers, thorough training, exemplary support, and ground-breaking curriculums and materials

Cons

Challenging both intellectually and logistically. Sometimes it's hard to know how to best support all students' accessing and excelling at various levels of reading development.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work you do!

2. "Enrollment Coordinator"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training is top of the line - very thorough. The opportunity to make a very good income for a seasonal job is awesome. I like doing work that has meaning and purpose, that actually affects lives in a positive way. Also enjoy the interaction with people from all walks of life. Calls are inbound.

Cons

Don'the know whether this really belongs here, but it can get very hectic during the busy season. This though, is also an opportunity to increase income.

3. "Enrollment Coordinator"

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time

Pros

Excellent work from home opportunity. I have been with the Institute now going on my fourth year, and couldn't be more satisfied. The company as a whole conducts business and treats their employees with the up most honesty and integrity. I am grateful for the opportunity to stand behind such an up standing company.

Cons

Maybe more career opportunities other than the seasonal employment, if that is something you are looking for.

5. "Returning Employee, Happily."

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A legitimate work from home job. The position is flexible in its schedule. This role is a genuine sales position that helps children and adults love reading! Training provides all the skills necessary and gives an accurate experience as to what the job will entail.

Cons

Working from home isn't for everyone; you have to self-aware, impassioned by the work you are doing, and determined to see yourself succeed.

6. "BEST WORK AT HOME JOB! REWARDING AND GREAT TEAM!"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great seasonal job with a wonderful and supportive upbeat team. The training works! The payment is rewarding and the work is fun and very rewarding as you know you are helping to positively shape lives!

Cons

It's seasonal job and you will want to keep going year round.

Advice to Management

What can you offer year round?

7. "Nice company--If you work hard, pay attention to feedback and care about education this is a great choice"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development part-time

Pros

You are helping parents who often need guidance when their child is struggling with reading/learning and offering them real options. Solid and engaged managers. Work from home. Flexible scheduling. Very decent people run this company.

Cons

I do wish it would evolve into a full-time position as while it is exhausting some days, you feel good about your efforts at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Keep respecting employees and improving software.

8. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home option. They have a fantastic training program to give you all the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

Most positions are seasonal. Other than that there really aren't many cons to this company

9. "Best Job EVER!!"

Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Weaverville, NC
    Current Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Weaverville, NC

I have been working at Institute of Reading Development full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home! Flexible hours! GREAT Pay!!! Amazing Training and Staff! Continued Training and Very Supportive staff!

Cons

Only seasonal work! Wish the initial season was longer!

Advice to Management

Your doing a Great Job! Keep up the good work! Best training program I've been through!

10. "A Great Place to Work Online from Home!"

Pros

There are many reasons that my experiences with the Institute of Reading Development proved to be rewarding. One of the top reasons for my success and positive attitude started with the training that I received that was very thorough, leaving no questions to ask. The trainers were very consistent in their training and sincere in their quest to help us develop our skills and knowledge. The training, group meetings, and support was a constant throughout my time as an Enrollment Coordinator. Another very rewarding part of this job was the interaction with people all over the USA that put their trust into the Institute of Reading Development staff concerning the needs of their children's' educational needs.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about my time with the Institute of Reading Development except that I wished it could have been longer. It was a seasonal position, so I will be applying again for this new 2017 Summer enrollment season.

11. "Great way to make extra seasonal Cash"

Former Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Enrollment Coordinator in Detroit, MI

Pros

Flexible Hours, Great Support Staff, Excellent Training, Wonderful Staff.
    Great way to supplement seasonal income.

Cons

No real cons - this company is a great way to supplement season income