Cover image for Instructure

70 Comments

Tech

467.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Instructure~582803
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits inside and outside of the work weeks.(in 88 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with!(in 73 reviews)
  • "The culture is great!(in 71 reviews)
  • "A fun place to work, great leadership, a product that is easy to be passionate about(in 23 reviews)
  • "The Benefits and all the free food(in 23 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Instructure and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, Great people, Great company

Oct 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

My managers always are looking out for my well being, the company is well balanced on its growth and my growth

Cons

Rapid growth can lead to fatigue

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent Culture and Growth

Sep 29, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I will always be grateful to Instructure of several awesome years for my career growth. There were many opportunities available, excellent culture, and fantastic people to work with, and the product is one I could get behind and be excited about. I enjoyed many years with the company

Cons

There were some changes in the culture over time. Nothing overly difficult, just changes as a company gets bigger and has to change with growth

3. Join the Instructure team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Not Great, But Not Terrible

Sep 17, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best reason is your not always working one delegation you swap between phones, live chats, and sometimes emails

Cons

- Metrics are tough to manage, sometimes you will get a caller whos case takes 5 seconds or someone who will take several hours and it will kill your ticket/hour metrics alongside other variables. - You are the frontman and take the blame for other departments failing the customer if you are an L1 - Company does not allow you to make edits or changes to Courses for teaching resulting in cases that will take several hours because the teacher calling does not know how to copy and paste

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent Work, Immune to Tech Bro Culture

Oct 18, 2022 - Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meaningful work, pretty okay perks, opportunities to work independently under most management for contact center work

Cons

Weird undertones of sexism, homophobia, and tons of harassment in slack channels. Company will be great to work with you on some things but is ultimately there to avoid liability, not care about your needs. Pay was low considering the value we generated.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Still a great place to work

Sep 6, 2022 - Vice President in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Instructure is a very customer-oriented company that balances company needs with customer needs. They aim to provide the best software available on a global scale. It's also a very enjoyable place to work, and it's exciting to be surrounded by people smarter than you.

Cons

R&D throughput is frustrating for customers and employees, as we've set a high bar for quality and frequency of improvements that we can't seem to sustain (ongoing hiring challenges, product leadership, etc).

7. 4.0

Great place to work!

Oct 21, 2022 - Email Marketing Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company, publicly traded, good benefits

Cons

Growing pains such as turnover, org changes, etc

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I've worked for!

Aug 12, 2022 - Sr. Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bias to action culture No Micro Management Competitive Pay and Benefits Unlimited PTO (and they mean it) Minimal "red tape" Easy to get things done - everyone is always willing to jump in and help Feels like family and friends at work Remote, Hybrid or In-Office options Employee Stock Purchase Program rocks! Lots of room to promote or move to another team/department to work on something new. Work/Life balance is SOLID. They want you to have a life outside of work.

Cons

401k plan is less than industry standard (although I don't personally use it, and prefer to use the Employee Stock Purchase Program)

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not meant to stay longer than a year

Oct 2, 2022 - L1 Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its easy work Some people are cool You can learn a few things Good for people who need a transitional job or are a student

Cons

Multiple managers Only certain people get promoted Training is only 3 weeks long You have to support 2 different platforms yet are only trained for 1 of them so when you get a question about portfolium, you cant help anyone Turnover is very high so if you ask any question in the team chat, you won't get an answer since everyone is too new. You are also limited as to how much you can actually help someone. Mandatory overtime for 6 months out of the year, only for support. Everyone else follows a regular schedule

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great to Good

Nov 2, 2022 -  in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Training Education focused

Cons

Inexperienced middle management Unrealistic expectations Disconnected Sr leadership team

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company

Sep 27, 2022 - Sales Development Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good flexibility -Solid pay structure for entry level job

Cons

-Limited growth opportunities -Lots of process change

Viewing 1 - 10 of 378 Reviews
</>Embed

Instructure Reviews FAQs

Instructure has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 651 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Instructure to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Instructure employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Instructure. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

60% of Instructure employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Instructure 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Instructure to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Instructure Job Seekers