KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Instructure

Engaged Employer

Instructure

Add a Review

Instructure Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated Jul 7, 2021

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great Benefits inside and outside of the work weeks.(in 84 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with!(in 71 reviews)
  • "The culture is great!(in 66 reviews)
  • "A fun place to work, great leadership, a product that is easy to be passionate about(in 24 reviews)
  • "Good coworkers(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Instructure and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture is very open and friendly. I felt welcomed from the first day, and had little to no trouble getting accustomed to Instructure's overall atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes the work was a little tedious, but that just comes with being an intern. I have really no bad things to say.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great times

Aug 13, 2022 - Customer Support in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good at the begining with great team members and culture

Cons

Too Many managers Not enough Pay Support seen as the worst department by managment Not caring enough about employees

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sales Director

Feb 4, 2016 - Account Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best benefits around! This company wants to be an employer of choice and it shows by all of what they do for employees. They provide you with all of the tools necessary to succeed because they want you to win and want the company to win. The culture here is open and talk about their core values a lot. Overall great company.

Cons

There are growing pains now that they have entered into the corporate LMS space but are working diligently to fix problems as they come up. Company needs to focus more on getting communication out to the field as soon as possible.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

CSM

Oct 24, 2017 - Market Development Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, smart, capable team members. Open and transparent company culture. All of the benefits and perks you can think of!

Cons

Not as much upward potential as I would like

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Instucture is Double Plus Awesome

Sep 14, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Instructure, you will find a lot of really talented and creative individuals who are tenacious problem solvers. The culture has a bias towards action and provides their employees with a ton of autonomy.

Cons

It is a fast growing company, so for some people the rate of change is overwhelming and uncomfortable. But as for me, I like it. I like it a lot.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Great Culture but room for improvement

Oct 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Start up that has done really well and put in place a fantastic work culture. Awesome staff and a fun place to work. The product is great too.

Cons

In the satellite offices senior management have been quickly promoted and lack management skills. Ageism is also a problem within the company

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture with moderate progress

Feb 15, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has great culture with keeping people informed and making sure that they feel valued

Cons

Strategic directions are somewhat unclear which makes it difficult to deal with long term planning

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Employer Yet

Mar 29, 2017 - Senior Software Engineer In Test
    Business Outlook

Pros

My two favorite things about working for Instructure: Company culture and Opportunities for advancement. The culture is exceptional---and not just the industry culture, e.g. emphasis on automated testing and SOLID software engineering principles. They proclaim a 'tell us if we're doing something stupid' policy, and they actually listen to feedback and take it seriously. I've seen multiple standards/processes improve as a direct result of feedback from non-management employees. Also, the company not only says they care about work/life balance, but I've gotten called out by my supervisors for not maintaining a healthy work/life balance (!!!). I've also felt everyone is very inclusive and appreciative of diversity. Regarding opportunities for advancement, the company does performance reviews every six months with potential for pay increase. I work hard and I've seen pay substantial pay increases every six months with one exceptionally nice raise. I've also shifted into a role I didn't expect but one which I enjoy immensely. The company emphasizes promoting within.

Cons

This one depends on the individual but I think it's worth mentioning. Numerous Instructure employees work remotely, so if you prefer to work in person with your coworkers you may not like it here. That being said, the company does its best to co-locate teams as much as possible while still supporting remote employees.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

Feb 25, 2016 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing and great company which places a high value on engineering along with the emphasis on growth. There are a lot of very talented engineers and a lot of great people overall. It's the best company culture I've worked in because they screen pretty heavily to try to avoid caustic hires. They also place a lot of trust in their employees. Since I've been a part of the company, no one has ever told me my working hours. :) They trust us to be adults and to do our job well.

Cons

There aren't too many downsides. There are trade-offs with having some of our co-workers being remote. It's great because the company is really flexible about remote employees, but I find I learn and accomplish the most when I'm rubbing shoulders with people. That being said, technology is totally integrated into our culture to minimize the distance (screenhero for pair programming, video conferencing in every meeting, etc).

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

ADM/SDR, Market Development and Marketing need to get it together

Dec 28, 2017 - Account Development Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are fantastic - 100% employer paid health and dental insurance, employee stock purchase plans, wellness programs, AAA membership, free lunches, free food in kitchens. Overall the company itself and the culture is fantastic.

Cons

There are some serious organizational flaws on the Market Development team. Commission structure changed multiple times while I was there, mostly to the detriment of my own commission bonuses. There are nearly nonexistent opportunities to advance in the department, or outside. It was a dead-end department. The team I was on had fairly low morale and hitting monthly commission goals was not easily attainable. There was also a lack of training provided by managers for the team to develop and be successful at their roles. Promotions seemed to happen arbitrarily where clearly qualified candidates would lose to clearly under qualified candidates. There is also a high negative attrition on the team due to above mentioned reasons.

3 people found this review helpful