Insurance Office of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Insurance Office of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good opportunity to gain knowledge of the insurance industry

Cons

Lack on Training and Direction

Advice to Management

Foster a training and development program if you want to retain young aspiring producers

"Risk Services"

Current Employee - Risk Services in Longwood, FL
    Current Employee - Risk Services in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitely family oriented and they look out for their employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons

3. "Great company for those that want to work hard and make a difference!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

I have been working at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IOA is a great place for those that want to work hard, take on additional responsibility and realize that great things come to those that are patient and stay on course. IOA supports local and national charitable organizations. Additionally, IOA has a Helping Hands Committee that can provide financial support to employees that hit hard times. IOA does their best to create a family-like atmosphere.

Cons

I choose to look on the bright side and turn a perceived negative into an opportunity for me to make a difference.

Advice to Management

We need more opportunities for fun and for various departments to interact with each other.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can not think of any pros for this company...

Cons

Most employees are out for themselves, gossip & backbiting are king. No real management in office that are not afraid of the producers and the havoc they can cause them. 98% of producers have no ethics and everything that goes wrong with an account is blamed on the account managers, extremely heavy workload with out real support. The less experience you have the better that way you do not know that the producers are unethical liars. I was with this company 6 years, that was six years of total misery due to the economic downturn in 2008 there was no agencies hiring in Atlanta. IOA took advantage of that and no pay increases were given for four years. I took the first job available to get out....best move of my life.

Advice to Management

Get a clue as to what is actually going on in the branch offices. Is the income worth the risk of the E&O exposure not to mention the harassment that goes on between the producers and staff. They will lie, cheat and steal to get what they want done.

"No growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Pay, flexibility, location, paid continuing education

Cons

No management so no feedback. Report to person in office 2 hours away. You work for 1099 employees. Seasoned employee is competitive and refuses to share knowledge or train new employees. You feel like you are in a "typing pool" and "dismissed" from meetings when leader feels that sales information doesn't apply to you. Sales people acts as independent agencies under the IOA umbrella and all do things differently.

Advice to Management

Put management into place in each branch location. Have training plan in place for new employees that provides training for more than just the agency management system. Put better tracking in place to evaluate employees' performance. Make things more structured. Keep functions within job descriptions vs having all do the same work with different titles and different pay. Give consistent feedback on performance and goals to achieve.

6. "Account Coordinator"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Jupiter, FL
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at IOA for 2 years. I love my job and the people I work with. I feel respected and appreciated by the Account Executive that I assist and the Producer whos team I am on. I feel that IOA is a company that truly cares about their employees. They value family. They offer good benefits. I feel blessed to be a member of the IOA family!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say

"Too many chiefs .... not enough Indians!"

Former Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Longwood, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Account Representative in Longwood, FL

I worked at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Insurance is a great profession and everyone needs help with their policies.

Location is central

Pay and benefits are average

Cons

There is not ample management or Human Resources representation and as an employee, you really work and report to individual 1099's that don't work even for the company.

If they have a large book .... they can act anyway they want because it's all about the bottom line and the money! Some actually even fire employees and/or cause employees to get fired or demoted. It happens all too often.

Advice to Management

Support the employees that are really doing the job for the customers.

"Wonderful experience years ago"

Former Employee - Commercial Lines Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Commercial Lines Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co invested in me, opportunity for growth and advancement. Quickly promoted with pay raises, rewarded for outstanding work. Fun, social environment.

Cons

As co grew, took on larger corps practices like capping raises and lack of communication between management and staff. Increasing employee turnover.

Advice to Management

work from home days (2-6 per mo)

"There are better places"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

I worked at Insurance Office of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very few if any. There are some good hard working employees there.

Cons

No commitment to it's employees. Everything is about the producers, bottom line and acquisition of other agencies. Management is non-existent. The company is run by it's 1099 producers. There are no growth opportunities for its employees.

Advice to Management

Stop catering solely to the producers and start caring more about the staff.

"Commercial Lines CSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Pros

Christian based company with high standards, expectations, and a true passion for their clients. They actively and generously give back to the community and the world. The owners live by the company mission statement and encourage the staff to be the best in the field. They care. We have the best technology and a great IT support staff to keep us current and quickly resolve any technical issues. The staff they have selected work great together and the atmosphere is positive. The pay is good and the company encourages a healthy work-life balance and healthy lifestyles. I am blessed to work for IOA. If you are a team player, hard worker, and serious about your career in insurance, then you will fit right in!

Cons

I could use a processor for the administrative functions to free up more time for more detailed responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep being encouraging and grateful for the work the people do...your positive feedback makes the hard work rewarding.