Insurity Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Insurity CEO Jeffrey Glazer
Jeffrey Glazer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I know my contributions really make a difference internally and for my clients (in 4 reviews)

• Free parking in Hartford is a rarity but this place has it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The company no longer supports the idea of cost of living pay increases or across the board raises (in 5 reviews)

• Work/life balance is simply an HR marketing scheme (in 5 reviews)

1. "SVP Product and Sales Strategy"

I have been working at Insurity full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic, flexible, environment, room for personal expansion

Cons

Demanding workplace, requires self learning and motivation

2. "So far so good"

I have been working at Insurity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to shine if you are motivated to work hard.

Cons

No formal raise or bonus program.

3. "Developer point of view."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hartford, CT

I worked at Insurity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands on technology. Flexible hours. Great salary. Access to lots of software tools and current software technology. Great benefits. Opportunities for performers. Always looking to innovate in the insurance industry.

Cons

Insurance software is a tough business. Insurity is somewhat small shop competing against big players.

Advice to Management

Tie compensation and bonuses to success of teams rather than individual performers.

4. "Insurity - Review"

Current Employee - Senior Consulting Software Engineer/Solution Architect in Hartford, CT

Pros

Good environment and smart group of people to work with. Great benefit. Management are willing to take risks.

Cons

Tight deadlines. Resources are spread too thin. Because of that quality is suffering.

5. "Growing Pains"

I have been working at Insurity full-time

Pros

Great people willing to answer questions and help each other
    Great benefits
    Opportunities to volunteer in the community

Cons

Never enough staff for the work
    Not much process formality

Advice to Management

Commit to following defined processes
    Trust staff to make the right decisions

6. "Challenging, Fast Paced Work Environment"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hartford, CT

Pros

There is tremendous room for growth and plenty of opportunities if you are looking to be challenged, learn different areas of focus, or gain exposure to different types of work.

Cons

Because of resource constraints and growing business demands, employees are sometimes stretched too thin and work does not get the attention it should.

Company has gotten rid of annual raises. Small spot bonuses and yearly bonuses are not enough to keep up with increasing costs of living in the area.

Advice to Management

with constantly expanding roles & responsibilities, increasing work demands and higher expectations for quality & service should come increased salary & benefits. incentives should match those annually increasing expectations

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Things I appreciate about my experience at Insurity, and why I stay:
    - I love the work I do
    - My co-workers are experts in their fields, and a pleasure to work with - generous in sharing their knowledge
    - Our clients are large, reputable, diverse carriers who value partnership and the services we provide to further their business goals - proud to be supporting their business objectives
    - Our management team is committed to strengthening client focus and internal continuous improvement - encourage team members to have a voice, empower us to make changes, and support us when we need it

I enjoy the diversity, challenge, and energy I experience daily! I know my contributions really make a difference internally and for my clients!

Cons

No company is perfect, so yes there are some cons too - but I would rather not list them here - it would just be unnecessary noise, and they are greatly minimized by the pros already identified.

All I can offer to people looking at the negative comments is, the main thing to remember about Insurity, just like anything else is, you will get out of your experience at Insurity, what you put into it. I think some of the negative reviewers need to spend some time in the mirror.

Fit is key, so know what you are signing up for, ask questions. If you think this is the place for you, then be ready to be challenged, busy, and part of the solution. If the sound of this excites you - you will be fine!!!

Advice to Management

Don't settle - Raise the Bar!!! Your top performers will rise to the challenge; your steady team members will appreciate the opportunities; and the under performers... well, it might be better to allow them the opportunity to find something elsewhere they may be better suited for.

"I enjoy the fast paced environment, intelligent people and challenging work"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Insurity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging work, client facing opportunities, being able to see the results of your work, and being able to make a difference in a fast paced culture.

The people here really want to make a difference and believe in being challenged by their work.

Cons

The fast pace can be a con at times. Insurity will let you own your work and it can feel very important, but there is always the concern for maintaining a work life balance. The people that work many hours here believe in what they do and understand that it takes hard work sometimes to reach large goals.

Advice to Management

Recognize people openly and loudly. Others will be jealous, but will have a better understanding of what it takes to be successful. We work hard, let's celebrate hard too.