IntaPeople Reviews | Glassdoor

Phil Handley
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at IntaPeople full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We were bought food sometimes. Despite issues, Phil Handley is lovely and Some members of the team were very supportive.

Cons

Long working hours under the delusion hard work will pay off, and there is an expectation that you will work past 5:45 every night- if anything if you don't they doubt your commitment. And you are expected to be in early too. In fairness they do tell you it won't be a 9-5 job, but you will have absolutely no work life balance.

Rather than investing in people, after a bit of time they decide to let you go with no notice, and then hire new people even though apparently they can't afford to keep you.

Disorganised training scheme and a lack of training in really important matters such as visas which can lead to some very awkward conversations.

Unrealistic expectations for finding candidates and if candidates don't take jobs, you are made to feel like a failure and that you hadn't done enough.

Still expected to cold call a number of companies even though we are told time and time again that cold calling doesn't work and that companies were sick of us.

Expected to mislead candidates in order to secure a contract, misleading them of the process.

I now know why they have such a high turnover rate, and when you join some members of the team will make you feel uncomfortable and be rude to you as they know its an ever revolving door.

Literally no benefits. Basic pay

Advice to Management

Sort out the training scheme, be realistic with expectations. Be honest if someone is underperforming rather than just getting rid of them.

May 11, 2017 – Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your constructive feedback.

Our new Emerging Talent Manager has recently updated our training and development programme to ensure... More

2. "People are the key to a good business and it's the team culture that retained me for more than 10 years"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at IntaPeople full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

IntaPeople operate a unique set up for a recruitment consultancy which allows people to work collaboratively. Although commission is paid individually, additional incentives are often based on company mile stones which creates a great team culture. As an SME you also have access to the Directors and the leadership team, who will listen to your ideas.

Graduate training programme is very well thought out with continuous support from mentors and team leaders. They also heavily invest in online training platforms and external training. All leaders within the business have undertaken external management training to give them a foundation of knowledge and I personally was supported and funded to undertake several industry course.

In the 11 years I was with the business they invested heavily in all the right search platforms to allow you to maximise your return on your desk. The commission structure was very competitive. There was no minimum monthly threshold before you can start earning commission and no cap on earning. The more you bill, the higher your reward. There was also no restrictions on your desk, where or how you should work etc.

Cons

You do work long hours (that's recruitment) but the leadership team appreciate the importance of time off and will often hand out holiday vouchers as rewards.

Nov 4, 2016 – Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to see you enjoyed your time at IntaPeople and we wish you all the best in the future.

3. "You are rewarded for the effort & commitment you put in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at IntaPeople (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training and mentoring programme, good team environment. Work within an open office that promotes team work and helping each other. All staff are encouraged to celebrate individual and company wide success. Good commission structure, benefits and rewards for going the extra mile. Regular social nights out with a close-knit team spirit

Cons

The recruitment sector is not for everyone. It is long hours with a degree of client/candidate rejection, however, with hard work, commitment, passion and a good understanding of your chosen market sector, the rewards far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to train, mentor and allow everyone to grow.

Nov 4, 2016 – Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoy the working environment, as well as the training and mentoring programme. We will definitely continue to ensure that... More

4. "Employment Review"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at IntaPeople full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IntaPeople provide a professional, fun and competitive working environment. Providing that you put the effort in IntaPeople are a company that truly take care of their staff, the, y not only provide a generous commission scheme but additional rewards such as extra days leave, electrical gifts, team nights out, vouchers and a chance to win a trip on their annual snowboarding holiday.

Cons

This job is not for the fainthearted and can sometimes involve long hours within a pressurised environment.

Sep 27, 2016 – Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoyed your time working with us and appreciate your positive comments about the working environment and benefits package.

5. "A recruitment agency I'm proud to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I have been working at IntaPeople full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work, team work well together and senior management listen and take on board all suggestions.

The set up makes sure you learn from the moment you join, with personal development plans in place, off site training & qualifications available to you.

Hard work is noticed by all!

Cons

The only cons is down to the industry itself, recruitment is not a 9-5 role, thank god the people make the hours fly by!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to staff who continue to make IntaPeople what it is!

Sep 27, 2016 – Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and positive comments about how IntaPeople is a great place to work.

6. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Pros

Self Development
    Fantastic Industry knowledge

Cons

none that I can think of

Sep 27, 2016 – Marketing Executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your positive comments.