Integra LifeSciences "bagels on fridays" Reviews | Glassdoor

Integra LifeSciences Employee Reviews about "bagels on fridays"

Updated Jul 2, 2019

2.5
Integra LifeSciences President, CEO & Director Peter J. Arduini
Peter J. Arduini
Pros
  • "Free bagels on Fridays and coffee everyday is a definite plus(in 19 reviews)

• "Integra is a fast growing company with all the perks and pains that go along with that(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management, senior level stone cold and unauthentic(in 16 reviews)

• "lower than industry average on pay, somewhat high turnover(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "bagels on fridays"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company for entry-level engineers"

Current Employee - Engineer in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

• Great work life-balance • Great vacation and holiday benefits: 18 vacation days and 12 holidays • Free Bagels on Fridays • Fast career ladder growth: I have seen people get promoted left and right since I've been here. • Great stability: many of the people I work with have remained here several years with this being their first company to work with out of college. • Company is growing at a fast pace.

Cons

• Some sites have a lack of accountability and can be challenging to work with . • With the fast growth of the company some of the systems have not been updated and that unfortunately contributes to ineffeciencies with job-related tasks. • Sites seem to have their own systems as opposed to following a standardized system.

Advice to Management

•Implement standardization across all sites. •Hold sites accountable.

Integra LifeSciences2018-09-14

"Shady management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro Center, NJ

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time

Pros

Bagel Friday in the Plainsboro location.

Cons

They get rid of good employees to clear their bottom line to pay for bonuses! The jobs they eliminate are reposted 6 months later with a slight change. You will be just a number that they are willing to get rid of to pay for another party/event.

Advice to Management

Clean house! Get rid of the managers and directors that you have now. You are paying them a lot of money to do nothing!

Integra LifeSciences2019-07-02

"LOOK OUT!!ITS TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP..NEW BOSS IN TOWN!!"

Current Employee - Plainsboro NJ Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bagels on Friday (from a pathetic bagel company if you know what a real bagel tastes like) It's sad how many people find that the only PRO is the bagels on Friday.

Cons

LOW pay. They are currently attacking the already underpaid workers overtime. Extremely high turnover rate due to people getting fired or quitting. The company is run by women who make irrational, emotionally based decisions on a daily basis. UPDATE on this.. They just let go one of the leading ladies and brought in a new boss man to shake things up. If there is a way to screw you out of money they will find it and use it, like the brilliant idea to not allow any PTO to go towards overtime. For example if you have made some overtime and you have one more day in the pay week and get sick or have to take care of a family member, all your overtime turns into straight time pay. What a horrible way to treat your employees!! Once you have worked here for more than a few years is when you need to start watching your steps because they will be looking to replace you with a temp or anyone they can pay less. LEAN and GEMS are a gigantic laughable waste of time. Management is clueless and only out to better themselves. I have been with this company long enough to see that it is a revolving door of incompetence.

Advice to Management

To Upper Management, there is no advice as it will fall upon deaf ears. Middle Management is doing their part for their workers for the most part but they can only speak up so much because they don't want to lose their jobs.

Integra LifeSciences2018-04-17

"Good Place to Build Skills & Learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great starter company. You have the chance to be exposed to many different parts of the company and meet people across departments. Because it is so "lean" there are many opportunities for someone in a lower level role to get involved in different projects that you may not be included in at a larger company. The people there are generally nice and easy to work with. The schedule was flexible and you get a good amount of PTO to start with. Bagels on Friday were good, as long as you aren't the person ordering them. Overall, I enjoyed my time here and liked my team. I am still connected with the people I met and worked with. It was a good learning experience for me.

Cons

There is a lot of turnover, making it hard to keep projects on track and get the information needed in a timely manner. There are some departments that don't think they need to respond to emails or calls, even from clients and vendors. Or they will make you jump through hoops to get any answer. (Looking at you Accounts Payable.) Communication on products, acquisitions, new hires, etc. could be improved.

Advice to Management

Focus on training, retaining, and engaging employees. Re-vamp the company culture to be more inclusive and connected. Bagel Fridays are a great perk but at the end of the day you want people energized about what they do, not a freebie.

Integra LifeSciences2017-07-14

"This place is a joke"

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bagel Friday is the only thing

Cons

No room for advancement Low pay/ low bonuses Favoritism when it comes to management Gossip constantly No accountability Blackballed when speaking up

Integra LifeSciences2017-07-25

"Frustrating Work Environment"

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Bagel Friday. Ample Parking with plenty of spots.

Cons

Have a good team but culture varies across teams/departments and sometimes people are not treated with respect when mistakes are made Management has to stop pointing fingers and also do some of the work. Their direct reports cannot handle all the work if they are not fairly distributed. Recognition is only possible if you are part of upper management and they are too 'busy' to do that. Small mistakes are widely recognized whereas accomplishments are ignored. Upper Management attend to many meetings where no actions are defined. They sit in meetings all day doing absolutely no actual work. Forget about getting approvals for documents/projects. The managers are too busy in 'meetings' whole day to care about that. No room to grow if you are an entry level. There are no defined paths to tiers. Change of titles is rare. Upper Management do not care about their team career growth, only their own.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting your time in meetings where no decisions are made. Go do some work instead of passing all the work to other people who are already loaded with multiple projects.

Integra LifeSciences2017-04-07

"Not a Chemical Operator Translation: NOT a fake review."

Current Employee - Senior Motion Graphics Designer in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

I guess what every ither employee states. Sad but true....Free coffee and free bagels on Fridays. Sad for a Pro....but its the truth

Cons

The HR department is highly corrosive....contributing to the already weakened departmental structure, lazy management and overall horrid culture. WATCH OUT for the fake reviews HR posts on here. They stick out like mold.

Advice to Management

Sell to a. company that rewards its employees, places ethics in place and pursues a team culture. The culture there is ruined and greedy upper management and HR simply dont care. Everything there is a secret. Trash culture.

Integra LifeSciences2017-04-22

"Run for your life!!!"

I worked at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

Free bagels on Fridays. Nice laptops. Nice lobby.

Cons

If you're a decent person then run for your life and stay away from this place! People there don't have a basic manners, not to mention respect for other human being. Young employees will put you down and make you feel like you're nothing. The culture is toxic and very stressful.

Integra LifeSciences2017-03-17

"This is not a fake review!"

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free coffee, bagels on Friday, air conditioning and heating during the winter months, adequate paper towel in the bathrooms

Cons

Penny-pinching management; 1-1.5% yearly raises. Turnover rate at one point was like McDonalds. Watch out for possible fake reviews by either the company's HR Department or management. You won't find a "middle management needs revamping" con in this review. Very toxic environment. In essence, they implement for the workers stuck there a "10 year plan", where, with the 1-1.5% raises per year, it will take you 8-10 years to make market rate for your current position. Nice try executive-level management (I saw through that smoke screen) Stop spending thousands of dollars on renovating rental properties; put it into your people and technology. Running "lean" has nothing to do with the worker; it has everything to do with investors and executive portfolios. I don't know about you, but if I am not getting market rates for my current job, I am certainly NOT interested in doing the work of 2-3 people who quit, after finding greener pastures. I'm going to work slower. You folks need to get a piece of reality pie. There's a saying that rings true for this quasi-medical device palace: no matter how much you dress-up a hamburger, it will always be a hamburger, and Integra will always be a cheap hamburger.

Advice to Management

Know your company is a joke and stop trying to save face as if everything is alright, when clearly, your culture is broken.

Integra LifeSciences2016-08-29

"Not the kind of job you can leave at the door when you go home"

Product Release Specialist in Robbinsville, NJ

I worked at Integra LifeSciences for less than a year

Pros

Excellent product line, challenging, good opportunity to learn medical device industry, constant workflow so always busy (can turn into a con, see below). Bagel Friday.

Cons

Were under FDA warning letter when I was there, which may have contributed to the stress, high turnover rate, an unorganized nature of the company. They were really trying to fix things, and I hope they do (or have) because they have a great product line with the capacity to help a lot of people. Was difficult to stay on top of work without having to work overtime or bring the work home with you (whether literally or not). At the time, the stress followed me home because I'm the kind of person who cares about his work and job and wants to make my superiors happy, but in the end, I realized it was not worth it.

Advice to Management

Slow down and fix things from the inside. Outside consultants look good and show initiative to the FDA, but the knowledge and ability to fix things lays with the employees, who are often too overworked to implement the positive changes they wish to make.

Integra LifeSciences2016-05-12