Integra LifeSciences "growing company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Integra LifeSciences Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Updated Jun 10, 2019

2.5
Integra LifeSciences President, CEO & Director Peter J. Arduini
Peter J. Arduini
Pros
  • "Free bagels on Fridays and coffee everyday is a definite plus(in 19 reviews)

• "Integra is a fast growing company with all the perks and pains that go along with that(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management, senior level stone cold and unauthentic(in 16 reviews)

• "lower than industry average on pay, somewhat high turnover(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "growing company"

Return to all Reviews

"Management"

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences

Pros

Integra is a fast growing company that is transforming itself from a small very diverse company to a mid size focused company with a bright future, great career opportunities, and a culture of success.

Cons

Like other companies our size, we continue to address compensation each year to ensure all employees are compensated fairly. The work is exciting because what we all do makes a difference. In big companies your individual performance doesn't impact company performance. At integra it does, so our work is more meaningful and satisfying.

Advice to Management

Keep growing our business with complimentary acquisitions like Codman and stay focused on our patients and customers. They are the ones who ultimately support what we do.

Integra LifeSciences2018-07-29

"Made for underachievers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The company is growing 2. It’s generous to the staff with complimentary coffee and other treats 3. Striving for diversity in some areas 4. Great communication between global locations

Cons

1. Compensation for some professional level roles is insulting. This is especially true for the Marketing department 2. The company seeks out highly competitive and accomplished individuals but then puts them in rooms with idiots who can’t grasp on to their ideas or concerns 3. A lot of meetings don’t turn into to anything actionable or tangible 4. If you work here, you might be managed by someone who should be your employee. They promote people who talk the most in meetings and write the most emails, regardless of whether they ever say anything valuable instead of those who actually get things done 5. Everyone is leaving the company and that’s not a good sign 6. No men of color in leadership roles 7. Everything with the company is about the bottom line 8. Not a green company or even striving to be one

Advice to Management

1. No more acquisitions 2. If you want talented people to join your company, you should first become a great company 3. Market legacy products not just new products 4. Give staff two remote work days. It’s almost 2020 for Pete’s sake

Integra LifeSciences2019-06-11

"Great company for entry-level engineers"

Current Employee - Engineer in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

• Great work life-balance • Great vacation and holiday benefits: 18 vacation days and 12 holidays • Free Bagels on Fridays • Fast career ladder growth: I have seen people get promoted left and right since I've been here. • Great stability: many of the people I work with have remained here several years with this being their first company to work with out of college. • Company is growing at a fast pace.

Cons

• Some sites have a lack of accountability and can be challenging to work with . • With the fast growth of the company some of the systems have not been updated and that unfortunately contributes to ineffeciencies with job-related tasks. • Sites seem to have their own systems as opposed to following a standardized system.

Advice to Management

•Implement standardization across all sites. •Hold sites accountable.

Integra LifeSciences2018-09-14
  4. "Growing Company"

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time

Pros

Integra is a growing company with a solid executive team. Though it has gotten bigger over the years, it still sometimes has the feel of a smaller company. For the most part, the employees are collaborative and will work hard to deliver the best result. Given the growth profile, there is opportunity to learn a lot and increase responsibility over time.

Cons

Because Integra is growing so quickly, it is not always possible to fill positions as quickly as they become available. Employees may be required to carry extra work or wear multiple hats at times. I have always viewed it as an opportunity to gain experience and advance, but others may view this as a negative.

Integra LifeSciences2018-08-16

"Exciting Growth Journey"

Current Employee - Director in Plainsboro, NJ

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company genuinely cares about its patients and customers. The pipeline is good. There is definitely opportunity to grow if you take initiative and work hard. The company is growing and changing but is not overly political. Leadership seems to make good decisions and get along well.

Cons

There aren't as many budgetary resources as with larger companies. The offices in Plainsboro are dated, but they are moving in 2019 to a new headquarters that look really nice.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent about how the company is performing. Doing well by doing good is a great message.

Integra LifeSciences2018-07-28

"A lot of potential for this company"

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time

Pros

Integra has a great portfolio of products that opens many avenues to build the business. Strategic vision of the company is great; they know where they want to get to long-term and have made the right decisions to get there. As a growing company, there are many opportunities to advance; you can move up in this company if you have the drive and skills to succeed. Salary is competitive (at least in the area I work in, other areas it could be debated), and benefits are very good (that is true across the board).

Cons

Structurally, the talent development in this company is severely lacking. Your best bet is to come in (young and cheap) with a good amount of talent and work your way up through results, or you luck out with a manager that can develop you independently. Currently, you'll see many managers/leaders hired from the outside across the manufacturing sites and corporate office

Advice to Management

The two areas I see as weakness are: 1. R&D; part of this is due to company's long term plan; growth through acquisition vs. organic growth. I think new acquisition of Codman, and the talent and skills that come in from that move, will address it. However, the company has had trouble building/marketing/selling new products in house to grow organically. If you can't do that, eventually, you get bought out by a bigger fish (JJ, Stryker, Medtronic) 2. Human Resources: simply put, this department is not good at their job. They are bad and/or slow in identifying talent to bring in to interview for a new position, and when new hires come in, the manager is tasked with performing most of the onboarding tasks that HR would perform at every other company I've worked at.

Integra LifeSciences2017-10-21
  7. "Support"

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time

Pros

Creative, flexible, energetic and growing company

Cons

Lots of turnover, favoritism and not good managers

Integra LifeSciences2017-02-10
  8. "Integra is challenging and rewarding"

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time

Pros

Integra is a fast growing company with all the perks and pains that go along with that. The perks are that it is a fast moving environment. If you like challenges, this is the place for you. Its still small enough where every employee can make a difference. Executive mgt is pretty good overall now that recent changes have been made. Good place if your looking

Cons

Fast paced and not for everyone. Comp and benefits are OK but not fantastic. Overall a very good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Get the activity level down to a more manageable level. Its kind of crazy.

Integra LifeSciences2016-12-18
  9. "A growing company"

I have been working at Integra LifeSciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A growing company provides work - life balance, offers okay salary and benefits.

Cons

Management only like to invest in new college graduates(Rotationals). No growth for full-time experienced employees.

Advice to Management

Management should retain talent by providing more opportunities for growth to their full-time employees.

Integra LifeSciences2016-12-03
  10. "Product Specialist"

I worked at Integra LifeSciences full-time

Pros

Diverse bag of products, growing company

Cons

Lack of pay, salary is worst in industry, commissions are even worse

Advice to Management

Go back to pay off dollar one, commission plan is not in line with revenue generated

Integra LifeSciences2016-11-18