Integra Realty Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Administrative Researcher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Integra Realty Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and a very fun environment to work in. People are friendly, patient, and encouraging. This is a well respected company.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement. It's not that the management doesn't want to reward hard work, there just aren't that many positions to fill because the regional offices are fairly small.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job. I can't think of one thing that I would change about your company. It is a great place to work.

"Great opportunity IF you're in the right office"

Former Employee - Analyst in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Integra Realty Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay for trainee appraisers

Cons

Be very careful which office you're applying for. The Greensboro office is lead by an inexperienced manager with no leadership abilities. If you like constant negative criticism and zero communication this is the office for you. This was the most toxic environment I've ever been subjected to. The manager will slam doors, bang on the walls and desks, scream and generally act like a two year old child. The leadership here has had 5 years to grow the office and cannot retain employees for a reason.

Advice to Management

Give personality assessments for managing directors. Don't let you employees be subjected to this type of abuse. If you care about your employees you must make a change.

3. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Great learning experience that prepared me for a career in commercial real estate appraisals.

Cons

The company is great and have no cons to bring attention to.

Advice to Management

None they do a great job.

4. "great company to work for"

Former Employee - Director of Marketing and Lead Generation in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing and Lead Generation in New York, NY

I worked at Integra Realty Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for...culture makes everyone want to learn more and challenge themselves

Cons

No negatives to post here.

"Good for Appraisals but for Admins"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant and Researcher in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant and Researcher in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Integra Realty Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible on hours for appraisers and pay for classes if interested to become an appraiser.

Cons

Want quality and quantity - can't usually have both. Wasn't appreciated for my skills and thinking. No job description. Salary ABSURDLY below comparable jobs in area.

Advice to Management

Know what you want and appreciate out of box thinkers.

6. "Not great for a career"

Former Employee - Commercial Real Estate Appraiser in Toms River, NJ
    Former Employee - Commercial Real Estate Appraiser in Toms River, NJ

Pros

Good resources for appraisers. Great company database.

Cons

Not all of the appraisers know how to use the database correctly. Some appraisers get all of the high paying jobs. Not great training, and you have to teach yourself a lot. Impossible to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all employees. Train better.

7. "Work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Integra Realty Resources part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, some people, flexibility, none else

Cons

Everything else. most people, partners, lies

Advice to Management

Keep personal and work lives separate

8. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst/Trainee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Analyst/Trainee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Integra Realty Resources (More than a year)

Pros

The company work life balance is good. As a beginning appraiser / trainee you are required to take a number of classes towards your Certified General license. If you like taking classes, you will like this job.

Cons

The market for appraisal services is horrible. The days of lucrative fees are over. EMployees in my office are now making half what they were 3 years ago. Sort of a downer; however I plan to leave once I get my CG.

Advice to Management

Management is good and is focused on work life balance. Since there is not much work to do, work life balance is really pretty good.

"Senior Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Integra Realty Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lotos of exposjre to a variety of deals, they started to specialize people recently. Deals range from the $100k awful properties to the $10M instituonal properties.

Cons

No work life balance at all. You could request unpaid vacation 6 months ahead of time and still end up having to work all vacation long. No control over workflow. You could request less work and after a month your request would be forgotten. Management spends money on events and office decor rather than making sure employees are actually happy.

Advice to Management

Develop an actual career path for junior employees. Nobody wants to be a production appraiser for their entire career, and there are no apparent paths to advancement. Avoid micromanagement, regardless of client or deal size. Differentiate between different titles better. No incentive for licensing as analyst, senior analyst, and associate directors work on comparable quality assignments. When someone takes time off, don't expect them to bring their work laptops with them; vacation time should be time off of work, not time out of the office but still on call. Provide benefits comparable to the industry rather than the All-Savers health package. Absolutely no reason to wait a full year for an employee to be able to contribute their own money to the 401k. Hire more senior review staff to alleviate the review bottleneck. Either provide a more collaborative environment with senior appraisers being compensated for their time helping junior staff or provide more training from management.

10. "Accounting Assistant"

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Integra Realty Resources part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, not micro-managed at all, friendly, casual Fridays, easy tasks and assignments

Cons

Everything at the beginning was great but around 3 months into being here, I noticed appraisers dropping like flies. Soon, on a Friday, there were only 6 appraisers here. I don't think they care about loyalty or retainment of great skills/talents. Everyone is so replaceable to them and that's not a good thing. company wasn't doing so well towards the end of my employment here with barely any employees and no checks coming in to deposit.

I had asked for time off and was given it with cheerful wishes and no problems. My father passed away. (It was only 6 working days.)Then right before I came back, I was suddenly in the wrong. I think they were having a lot of financial problems so management took it out on me. I ended up resigning. When management gives you woes when you're trying to take care of a death and a funeral, you know you need to leave. How heartless and cold can you be?

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep good employees when you get them. You keep thinking everything and everyone is so replaceable, no wonder you have such a dwindling team and customer base.